Kenilworth Media Inc Employee Reviews

3.0Pay & Benefits
Kenilworth
Event Marketing Coordinator, Events (Former Employee) –  Richmond Hill, ON29 November 2018
Small organization with variety of departments. Newly created position that required further development. The opportunities presented in position enhanced career growth.
Miserable Atmosphere with Frequent Firings
Redacted (Former Employee) –  Richmond Hill, ON27 June 2016
Before Kenilworth hired me, they had me do audition work for them, interview with at least four different people (one of whom asked some rather strange, too-personal questions), and complete a lengthy personality/psych test. So they well knew what they were getting with me. Once hired, I had little to nothing to do and was ignored. I did my best to find busywork for myself, including organizing drawers of files (I was not hired for clerical work), but even that eventually ran out. So I knocked on my supervisor's door. "What do you want?" he rudely said without even bothering to look up. "To learn my job!" I enthusiastically replied. "You'll have to make an appointment then," he said. That's funny, I thought - I could have sworn I made an appointment when you hired me and we agreed on a start date.

After several weeks, I was fired with no explanation. During the short time I was there, several people were fired. Not laid off, fired. It was happening every week. That is not normal. That speaks volumes about the company, in my opinion, especially given how extensive their hiring process was.

Looking back, I'm glad I didn't last long there, because the atmosphere at Kenilworth was so dour. You could cut the tension with a knife. People there didn't ever laugh or smile or even make much eye contact. And no wonder, what with all the firings. People were terrified, of losing their jobs, of their cellphones making noise (which was forbidden), of using office phones (we were told our calls were subject to monitoring), of using the internet (also supposedly monitored), of being
  more... so much as 30 seconds late from lunch.

Needless to say, I find their claim, on their current job posting, that they offer a "great work environment and the on-going training and support you need to be successful" laughable and disingenuous, to put it mildly, and would not recommend them as an employer.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Kenilworth Media Inc. Our community is ready to answer.

2.7