Kendo, a division of LVMH Employee Reviews

Depends on team... could be awesome
decline to state (Former Employee) –  San Francisco, CA24 August 2018
LVMH is a terrific parent company that does a lot to promote positive change in the world and in the workforce (over 135k employees worldwide); I was proud to be part of the LVMH family.

At Kendo, depending on the team, the hours can be REALLY long (as in literally all-nighters every week or every other week long hours). Ultimately the super ridiculous hours, the crazy amount of work, and not having any backup support finally made me realize that I had to resign.

Kendo was the best possible choice for building my skill set and being a springboard to further my career, as I was able to build and create with nearly total autonomy, which was super exhilarating. I’m grateful that I took a chance on Kendo when it was in it’s early stages and got to be part of the krazy ride that was Kendo!
Pros
Work for LVMH, 4 weeks of vacation, lots of free makeup and skincare, snacks, 401k match, good perks/benefits, career springboard
Cons
Ridiculous amounts of work depending on the team
Poor communicators and organization
Temp to Hire Employee (Current Employee) –  Burbank, CA1 July 2018
I enjoy the actual job I do - but the people that supervise me are distant, moody and preoccupied. Took them over a month to train properly, no one had the focus or time for me to get to work like they needed. Little kudos or encouragement, you just have to set your mind on the job and leaving to go home with little engagement - it's not particularly friendly, though the fellow co-workers are nice -it's the leadership that is like a clique and is not consistent with their company promises to their remotely based employees about Half day Fridays and call for much overtime and weekend work - terrible work/life balance. No sense of trust and camaraderie.

When they tear through over 35 temps in a year's time, and CEO and controller leave at once together, and many other higher positions have been vacated en masse at corporate side in the short 3 months I've been there - I think it says something about the company. Not a place I think I want to invest my future in, as they are not that invested back in you.
Pros
The work is busy and makes the day fly by.
Cons
Poor organization, poor support, poor work/life balance, poor communication and openness
Poor experience
Project Manager (Former Employee) –  San Francisco, CA15 February 2018
It was a bad experience working for this company. Poor management, HR, teams and culture. No processes or logical structure. No IT team or support, no management support, high turn over rate, no career advancement, too many unproductive meetings.
Get ready to compete with 20 something year olds
Photo Producer and Retoucher (Former Employee) –  San Francisco, CA16 January 2018
The enthusiasm about the job is way more valued than professionalism. You can get really far if you just stick around and put up with craziness. Overall, it's a decent place to work but keep in mind that majority of people there are women in their 20s. Not necessarily bad workers but sometimes lack training.
Amazing strong team & great company culture
SALES MANAGER AND EDUCATION EXECUTIVE (Former Employee) –  กรุงเทพมหานคร28 November 2017
Typical work day would start with checking that all staff are at required posts. Ensuring all counters are covered with beauty advisers. Day to day management of staff along with HR duties

Daily visits to stores, ensuring all merchandise & displays meet industry standards. Continual staff assessments & training,

Challenge part is the procurement of new staff along with absenteeism.Lack of HR procedures in Asia.

Most rewarding aspect of my work was aesthetic consulting high profile international clients & working closely with all counter staff, amazing team.
Pros
People orientated
Cons
HR stress with staff replacement
Fast Paced
Production Designer (Former Employee) –  San Francisco, CA1 May 2017
Kendo is successfully becoming a household name in the Beauty world. Kendo is a small brand incubator with an impressive brand portfolio which includes Kat Von D, Ole Henriksen, Marc Jacobs and Fenty.

Kendo is an exciting place to work but is extremely fast paced with limited structure and process.
Pros
Great Benefits
Cons
Process is lacking
Challenging
Accounts Receivable Analyst Assistant (Current Employee) –  Burbank, CA29 April 2017
It was great while it lasted. For those that like to work and keep busy, this is definitely the place you would want to work. I worked in the satellite office in burbank that only consisted of the Accounting department. Because the company grew so fast, there were many details that slipped through the cracks and created more work than was necessary. But if you like forensic accounting and love a good challenge like I do, then this is a great place to expand your knowledge! The only complaint that I had was that it was very strainfull on my eyes. Due to the amount of work, I was starring at the computer screen for two whole hours at a time. But other than that, the company itself was great!
Pros
Free samples
Cons
Short breaks
Creative work environment
Junior Designer (Former Employee) –  San Francisco, CA26 February 2017
Office environment is bright and energetic. Everyone is hard at work creating beautiful packaging for popular brands. Big plus is that there's so many talented individuals that are extremely kind to one another and just makes the whole experience enjoyable.
Pros
Everyone is talented
Cons
Sometimes commuting to the office sucks
Summary
Assist team (Current Employee) –  San Francisco, CA30 April 2015
Competitive analysis: product development, regulatory and quality checks, and assisting with gathering information to successful kickoff and complete packaging artwork with the creative team. Assist team with current projects and day-to-day operations.