Kendellhurst Academy

Working at Kendellhurst Academy: Latest Kendellhurst Academy Reviews

Canada11 reviews

When You Love What You Do!

When You Love What You Do! They say when you love what you do, it no longer feels like work. Working at Kendellhurst has brought me so much pride and joy in my work as an Early Childhood Educator. It is a great feeling to be excited to come to work each and every day because I love what I do and where I work. I have been teaching with Kendellhurst Academy for five years this year. It has been an incredible five years of professional growth. I am currently teaching in the Junior Room as well as an Assistant Supervisor. The management team is so incredibly supportive. Their open door policy allows for a friendly atmosphere where I can share amazing moments, concerns and general inquiries. They were there for me each and every step of the way. They truly care for their staff and their passion for what they do is inspiring. The staff at all three locations are welcoming, kind and some of the most amazing people I’ve met. A collaborative inclusive work environment is promoted through professional development training, team building and special events among the schools. There is also a benefits plan that offers great coverage (including dental, vision and family benefits). Being a mommy myself, their philosophy “Nurturing the preschooler’s mind and spirit” really struck a chord with me from the very beginning. As it focuses on the growth and development of the whole child including their social and emotional growth. It is an honor to be a part of that. I am proud to say that my child has grown to love Kendellhurst just as much as her mommy. She joined me a year -

Incredible Work Place

Kendellhurst is an incredible place to work. I started working over a year ago at their different locations. The faculty at every campus works together like family across the board to ensure students are building upon what they have learned in previous years. Everyone is kind and ready to help. The best part is having that face-to-face communication with parents on a daily basis. You get to know the families on a personal level. The owners offer so much more to faculty than other schools. The benefits don’t just stop at health care but go above and beyond any other public schools I’ve worked at. We are taken care of continuously and efforts are recognized on an on-going bases, not just with verbal praise but with personal considerations, which really motivates us to keep giving our best. There’s always a chance to share your ideas as management is always willing to lend an ear. The school offers a great deal of opportunity to learn and grow both professionally & personally. I can’t remember a day where I didn’t laugh with my collogues as we shared in daily experiences. My only regret is not applying this school sooner.

Room for Growth!

I have been employed by Kendellhurst for 10 years now, and going strong! Within those 10 years, I have grown so much from being a supply teacher, to being a full time teacher in the Junior Room, Senior Room, and now the Pre-K room. I have also advanced myself to an assistant supervisor. Throughout my transitions, the Kendellhurst management has been and continues to be very supportive. I have seen the growth in the school as well. Going from 1 location to 3 locations! More staff, means awesome benefits plan. This is very beneficial considering I am a mother, and the coverage works very well for my family and I. Working for Kendellhurst does not compare to any other schools (and that’s the honest truth). Come into our school, and you will see preschoolers who are respectful and engaged in day to day activities. Yes being a preschool teacher can be stressful, but Kendellhurst is different because of its exceptional program.We are given the tools and guidance on how to create a nurturing and peaceful environment.

Micro managing, toxic work environment

The micromanagement caused staff to always second guess themselves. Couple of coworkers were friendly but also false. Long days for little pay. After a year still no raise. Very rigid teaching format.

Pros

Benefit plan

Cons

It was a physically exhausting job; however, management was great at ensuring that teachers were given breaks throughout the day.

The work environment was friendly and co workers were always supportive of each other. The management was accommodating of people's schedules and ensured that there was always coverage available.

Great Place to Work!

I started out Volunteering at Kendellhurst for two summers and soon got hired to be a Teacher's assistant during summer camp and then as a supply TA for all three campuses. My experience has been wonderful! I am always learning new skills and developing many great relationships with my co-workers. Management is very helpful in guiding my professional growth and very caring about their employees. I am hoping to keep supplying for Kendellhurst when I can. The pay is great and the flexibility of my schedule is very helpful. Teachers can expect to walk into a supportive nurturing environment. Kendellhurst families are very friendly and approachable.

Pros

flexible schedule, pay, a friendly team

A place where you gain great work experience and growth!

I had the pleasure of working with Kendellhurst for over 12 years. I started out as an Early Childhood Educator and with hard work I became the faculty supervisor and school registrar of the grade school. During my years there I worked with wonderful teachers, each one bringing their own talents and individuality. Like any workplace, it had its challenges and rewards. Through communication, we all worked cohesively to face the challenges and always enjoyed the rewards, including; team building activities, benefits programs, annual raises and Christmas get-togethers. During my work experience, I was able to grow and learn by attending workshops to develop myself as a teacher, supervisor and as a leader. While I worked at Kendellhurst we had a strong pedagogy and philosophy: “Nurturing the Students mind and Spirit”. Our focus was always the whole child, meaning not only academically but socially and emotionally as well. We had a strong academics program that included core subjects, drama, arts-infused curriculum, music, and French. Teachers were empowered and given the right tools to grow students to their full potential. We truly believed in giving students problem-solving and mediating skills to navigate their experiences. Management kept an open door policy and resolved personnel concerns in a fair manner. Kendellhurst is an environment for teachers who enjoy playing a vital role in students’ lives and making a difference in the lives of their families. Educators can look forward to small classes and working in a collaborative environment.

Happiness Quota

It's hard to find a home away from home in a career. Not only do they have wonderful families and caring staff, the owners will bend over backwards to help maintain and cultivate a positive culture. Even on the worst day of the week, I love coming to work here. It's a second family and I wouldn't change it for the world. The teachers are absolutely fabulous, some of the kindest most caring people I've met. The families make my day every day. They are so funny and caring and truly put their children first.

Pros

Management, the Children

Great School!

If you want to become a great teacher, work here. They teach you so much and care about your personal advancement as a teacher. Don't work here if you are lazy and want to just watch children. Kendellhurst was a place where I grew and became a better teacher. I hope to go back after finishing my grad work. The school culture is positive and parents are really dedicated to their children. I really like the holistic academic program with a focus on children's well-beings. You can actually see the day-to-day result of your teaching! I loved coming in to work every day and miss it.

Pros

Benefits, salary, professional development, prep time, amin. team, small school community, etc.

Rece

After attending Sheridan College for 2 years and receiving my diploma in Early Childhood Education I am now seeking a full time and/or part time job. Over the 2 years I was able to become very knowledgably in the field and I feel that I would be a responsible and reliable candidate for what you may be looking for. Throughout my experience I have been able to work extremely well with supervisors and teachers during placements, and felt as if I was part of the team. I was always able to put in great input when it came to brainstorming ideas along with making activities safe and age appropriate. I am always open to new ideas as well as change.

Working with children supported by a great team environment

Routine work with children teaching them alphabet and number recognition. helping children form words by looking at the phonetics sounds that letters make. The hardest part of the job is being patient with the children, and with your team members especially when working in a field dominated by women. Coworkers are great. There are always the ones you will get along with, but you learn that even though you may not be best friends with your coworker everyone deserves to be treated with respect and you put your differences aside and work together as a team to accomplish your goals. The most enjoyable part of my day was to see the children making those connections and seeing them develop on a daily basis.

Pros

great staff, location

Cons

the pay could be better

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Kendellhurst Academy. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

4.2 out of 5 stars for Job security/advancement