Keltour Controls Inc Employee Reviews

Electrical experience
Wiring Technician (Former Employee) –  Burlington, ON27 July 2018
Start 7 to 3:30 and there is some overtimes not always.
Great to people to work with.
Learn a lot of electrical system and chance to have as apprentices to be licensed electrician.
Good work hours!
Pros
Good working hours
Great place to Learn
Wire personnel (Current Employee) –  Burlington, ON27 July 2018
Currently working as a wire personnel at Keltour Controls. Throughout the 8 months of being employed I have learned a lot from both management and the senior employees working beside me. They are very understanding and aim to help teach those who are willing to learn. Great place to work for those who are independent and responsible workers.
Pros
Employees, Training
Cons
Stressful Deadlines
Great place to work!
Office Staff (Current Employee) –  Burlington, ON27 July 2018
Keltour is a great company to work for. I have been with the company for 2 years now and have been given many opportunities to grow within. Management provides the proper training and great communication to get jobs done effectively. Very positive work environment.
Pros
Management, Employees, Training, Work enviroment
rushed to make up time wasted in the ofice
Panel Tester (Former Employee) –  Burlington, ON25 July 2018
Allways rushed to make deadlines. Designers override testers with 30 years experiesense so sub par product. Senior builders spend more time argueing about problems found with panels than fixing them.
Pros
the end of the day
Cons
knowing that that the same problems are still there
Great Place to work
Sales Manager (Current Employee) –  Burlington, ON8 June 2018
Great Place to work. I have been with the company for over 15 years, started sweeping flooring and was able to work my way up to management. the Senior Leadership skills helped me develop great discipline and work ethic that has helped me move up within the organization, Everyday we build and design new products for different industries. Awesome place to work
Pros
Fun working enviroment
Shifting work environment
Wiring Technician (Former Employee) –  Burlington, ON29 May 2018
The typical day is 7 to 330, often overtime is available until 5. The day starts with a new job or continuing an existing one. Job types and sizes varied greatly, there was a lot of exposure to new and different types of equipment and designs.

I learned a lot about how the control panel sector operates, from design to delivery. The preparation and process involved in proper panel construction. Constantly shifting work environment from incoming and outgoing projects helped me hone my organization.

The employees all get along, there's definitely a sense of brotherhood or team to the workplace. There's an unspoken divide between the production and engineering/management. Inconsistent management, during my term, I had 3 different direct supervisors. However, they do offer extensive training to entry level employees.

The hardest part of the job was the disorganized stock system, and the hot dusty work environment. While the most enjoyable parts of the job were the the casual interactions between coworkers, and the interesting panel designs and components.
Pros
Overtime, training
Cons
Hot and dusty, disorganized
Hard place to work for
Worker (Current Employee) –  Burlington, ON30 April 2018
People are great
Management lack proper management skills
High turn over rate
Expected and pressured to do OT and weekends
Pay well if you can get it
Relatively good benefits
Unreasonable expectations
No loyalty to staff, no job security
Pros
People
Great Place to Work
Wiring / Project Assistant (Former Employee) –  Burlington, ON20 June 2017
Keltour Controls gave me valuable experience in the work electrical technologist field. I have made valuable work connections because of the nice people who work there.
Very good Company to work for!
Accounting Manager (Current Employee) –  Burlington, ON8 November 2015
Working at Keltour, I stay very busy at work in very light and productive environment. I have learned to plan, implement and expecting success by the help of a great management. I found my co-workers to be the best in terms of professional acumen and personal support. The most enjoyable part of the job is the working relationship with the team at Keltour that works like a family. The hardest part for me is to live with a little slower than expected corporate growth.
fun to work at
Custom Panel Fabricator (Former Employee) –  Burlington, ON11 February 2015
—Custom Panel Fabricator
• Built/wired electrical and PLC panels from scratch to customer specifications.
• Extensive work with hand tools, power tools and wiring code.
Low benefits and low wages
Inspector (Current Employee) –  Burlington, ON14 April 2014
Cheap, cheap, cheap.
Typical day at work is there is always a rush to do and final inspection usually only has hours to finish before shipping. Cutting corners is second nature, and calling the customer never happens unless its absolutely needed.
Co-workers are good but anyone worth their salt either leaves or is let go.
Pros
Friendly people