Kelseys Original Roadhouse Management reviews

slow restaurant with great staff
Waitress/Bartender (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ON15 January 2019
The restaurant is more on the slower side, some busy days when hockey tournaments are in town or depending on how busy the hotels nearby are.
Management is great as well as all staff
Fun workplace with messy management
Bartender (Former Employee) –  Richmond Hill, ON10 January 2019
I enjoyed working at this place, getting to meet a lot of nice people who I actually think will be lifelong friends. The issue was management not performing their duties, such as speaking with guests when issues were escalated or dealing with the kitchen when there were food errors. There was a disconnect in the management team which trickled down to both front and back of house. Hours always varied due to the turnover in the location. One week you could be working 35 hours, the next you could have 12.
Pros
Fun coworker culture
Cons
no consistency
Productive and fun
Hostess (Current Employee) –  Oakville, ON11 January 2019
KELSEYS is a great first job. I’ve learned ways to develope my people skills and organization. Communication is very important and that’s something that this restaurant could improve. The management and culture is great. The hardest part is when it gets really busy. Overall it’s an awesome place to work.
Pros
Free drinks
Productive, team player, motivation
WAITRESS/SERVER (Former Employee) –  Oshawa, ON4 December 2018
typical day, always there 1/2 - 45 minutes early just in case extra help is needed. seeing regular guests and chatting with them. working with wonderful co-workers and management. I made so many friend that will last forever.
Pros
working with the public
Cons
double shifts but always work them
Beware....work there if you dare
Server (Former Employee) –  Windsor, ON18 January 2019
Horribe experience. Hired too many employees based on a newly renovated location. Makes promises to hours they can't fulfill. Kept screwing around with my start date. All the while I come to find out they are mistreating the employees that had been with them for years and are trying to push them out. Many of these employees toughing it out for month's waiting for the re-open. All before Christmas might I add. This place is totally mismanaged. They don't work together at all. One manager seeming to only favour certain staff and all coming from same restaurant. Not sure what's going on there. Problems all around. Just a mess.
Horrible Management
Waitress (Former Employee) –  Guelph, ON10 December 2018
Very fast paced with poor training. Coworkers were very nice and friendly, but management was highly unprofessional, disrespectful and ignorant. They will never listen to any of your concerns or treat you with the respect you deserve. I would never work there again or even encourage my family to eat there. It is a very frustrating work place and I do not commend this location
Pros
friendly coworkers, good tips, fast paced
Cons
unprofessional employers, short shifts, uncomfortable environment
Good Experience
Line Cook/Expo/ Utility/ Prep. Cook (Former Employee) –  Scarborough, ON6 September 2018
Aside from the few characters and dishonesty for social well-being. Its a great second job. Terrible first option. Ive been with the company for 4 years and cannot say anything bad as far as getting an objective completed. But there is lack of support.
Pros
Discounted Food
Cons
Lack of effort and teamwork
fun and exciting place
Bartender/Server (Former Employee) –  Newmarket, ON26 August 2018
gretat atmoshere great co workers great management. they work around your outside life great $ as a server or bartender. just wish u didnt hAVE TO DO AS MANY SPLIT SHIFTS.
Pros
GOOD $ in tips
Cons
splits shifts and working every holiday
Exemplary
Line Cook Bar, Fryer and Grill (Former Employee) –  Oshawa, ON17 July 2018
Great work experience , learned a lot. My coworkers were always teaching me and introducing me to many cooking techniques. Management was good lacked communication skiils
Pros
Flexibility
Cons
N/a
Stressful, horrible management,
Hostess (Current Employee) –  Kitchener, ON16 July 2018
The location I worked at was horrible, management sucked and the people I worked with sucked. Was not a very good place to work at all. Would not recommend.
give us your opinion about
Line Cook (Former Employee) –  Burlington, ON13 July 2018
-a typical day at work
-what you learned
-management
workplace culture
-the hardest part of the job
-the most enjoyable part of the job

your company review
fun,cool and awesome
Prep Cook (Former Employee) –  Thunder Bay, ON2 July 2018
on of the best place to get a job. good pay as well as good tip system. friendly workers and flexible timings. understandable and good management as well as managers.
A blast
Bartender (Former Employee) –  Oshawa, ON20 June 2018
Loved working for Kelseys. The one I worked at had just opened and starting off with whole team of new people the management really excelled. Overall found it to be a great experience.
Interesting Work structure Overall a good job
Line cook (Former Employee) –  Brampton, ON28 May 2018
Not a bad work environment just questionable management at times. I would suggest working for it because it offers good starting experience and allows for you to get a foot in the door.
kelseys
Host/Server (Former Employee) –  Milton, ON9 May 2018
managers were usually treating individuals with respect and politeness but all of the coworkers at this place seemed to be at each others throats while working.. maybe just a bad bunch of employees working at same time but not the best environment
Fast pace
Dishwasher/Food Prep (Former Employee) –  Woodstock, ON11 April 2018
I'd sign in, change, and go to work. Didn't learn too much, management was okay, didn't interfere much. The workplace culture was a mix of humorous and serious. The hardest part of the job was the stacks of dishes left there from the shift before, since the shift before left an hour before I showed up to work. The most enjoyable part of the job was the hour before I left, when the clean up started.
Pros
Free food
Cons
Long hours, fast paced work
Fun and Comfortable Work Environment
Hostess (Former Employee) –  Brantford, ON19 April 2018
My time spent working at kelsey's was a very influential one. It was an amazing workplace that took my needs into consideration and had a wonderful management team!
Pros
flexible hours, discount on food, happy environment
Typical chain food resturant
Line Cook (Current Employee) –  Orillia, ON9 April 2018
I learned all the basics of cooking and meal preparation from fellow employees who are helpful for the most part. The mentality and work ethic of some employees was sub par and could definitely use some improvement. As any other typical chain restaurant there is not a lot of room to progress further up in the restaurant as well as very little wage increases. The final issue is the employees are not valued as some of them should be, instead they are put to the same standered as every other employee when doing more for the restaurant.
Worst management
Bartender/Server (Former Employee) –  Kitchener, ON19 February 2018
Once upon a time it was a great place to work. Since new management the place is a joke. Head manager said his best kitchen line went in the bathroom to do drugs mid shift. They recently lost 4 bartenders, a supervisor and 3 servers since they took over. A very disappointing turn in management. For 3 years they had very little turnover until now. If you are looking to work for people who disrespect you and do not value their employees then you have found your ideal job.
Cons
Bad management
Productive and friendly Enviorment
Server & Hostess (Current Employee) –  Brantford, ON7 January 2018
Kelsey's is a great place to work. Everyone is super friendly and the management is great. It is a great job to learn excellent customer service. People are very helpful and everyone is treated like family.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Kelseys Original Roadhouse. Our community is ready to answer.