Kelseys Original Roadhouse Employee Reviews

Fast paced friendly environment
Hostess (Former Employee) –  Brampton, ON22 July 2018
This job kept you on your feet and you interacted with very friendly customer's, not to say that there weren't some challenges on the job as well but what job doesn't deal with difficulties. I learned how to seat the guests in the dining room of the restaurant and as well bar
Exemplary
Line Cook Bar, Fryer and Grill (Former Employee) –  Oshawa, ON17 July 2018
Great work experience , learned a lot. My coworkers were always teaching me and introducing me to many cooking techniques. Management was good lacked communication skiils
Pros
Flexibility
Cons
N/a
Stressful, horrible management,
Hostess (Current Employee) –  Kitchener, ON16 July 2018
The location I worked at was horrible, management sucked and the people I worked with sucked. Was not a very good place to work at all. Would not recommend.
give us your opinion about
Line Cook (Former Employee) –  Burlington, ON13 July 2018
-a typical day at work
-what you learned
-management
workplace culture
-the hardest part of the job
-the most enjoyable part of the job

your company review
fun,cool and awesome
Prep Cook (Former Employee) –  Thunder Bay, ON2 July 2018
on of the best place to get a job. good pay as well as good tip system. friendly workers and flexible timings. understandable and good management as well as managers.
Kelseys
Server (Former Employee) –  Hamilton, ON28 June 2018
I worked for Kelsays for a year and overall it was a good experience and I would recommend it to anyone. The staff are excellent and most customers are great
fast pace
Dishwasher (Former Employee) –  Newmarket, ON23 June 2018
it was very tough to work at balancing school an work and they couldn't work with my schedule so i had to go but they were really nice and the job wasn't bad
Server (Former Employee) –  Oakville, ON21 June 2018
It was a smaller restaurant. A fun environment. It was like a family. The GM was very good to work with. Very flexible and fair. I enjoyed my time here.
A blast
Bartender (Former Employee) –  Oshawa, ON20 June 2018
Loved working for Kelseys. The one I worked at had just opened and starting off with whole team of new people the management really excelled. Overall found it to be a great experience.
Great Hours Great Tips
WAITRESS / SERVER (Former Employee) –  Ancaster, ON31 May 2018
For a well-known establishment, I found that there was not a lot of traffic other than college students and regulars at this establishment. None the less I was able to make great tips as well as new friends
Always Changing
Utility/Line Cook (Former Employee) –  Winnipeg, MB31 May 2018
It was a good job took awhile to get there from where I was living but besides that i found it fun to work there. Then only thing was that they had to close most of the stores.
Interesting Work structure Overall a good job
Line cook (Former Employee) –  Brampton, ON28 May 2018
Not a bad work environment just questionable management at times. I would suggest working for it because it offers good starting experience and allows for you to get a foot in the door.
Great workplace environment
Manager On Duty & Server (Current Employee) –  Bolton, ON17 May 2018
Great workplace environment where every day is a new experience. Great place to develop great customer service qualities. As well great place to meet new people.
kelseys
Host/Server (Former Employee) –  Milton, ON9 May 2018
managers were usually treating individuals with respect and politeness but all of the coworkers at this place seemed to be at each others throats while working.. maybe just a bad bunch of employees working at same time but not the best environment
Repetative but enjoyable
Expo and Server (Former Employee) –  Owen Sound, ON1 May 2018
A typical day included working with customers, preparing meals and providing exemplary service. I found this part time position was great while in high school.
Exciting and Full of Energy
Kitchen Helper/ Prep cook (Former Employee) –  Richmond Hill, ON25 April 2018
A typical day begins with a joyful greeting with co-workers, change and dive right into work.
I learned that to survive, preparation is key. After that comes Quick thinking.
Fun and Comfortable Work Environment
Hostess (Former Employee) –  Brantford, ON19 April 2018
My time spent working at kelsey's was a very influential one. It was an amazing workplace that took my needs into consideration and had a wonderful management team!
Pros
flexible hours, discount on food, happy environment
great place
Prep Cook (Former Employee) –  Lindsay, ON13 April 2018
They are a well balance place to work for always busey ,great hours always have thing to prep learning new ways to prep cook and working on the front lines.
Pros
good place to work
Fast pace
Dishwasher/Food Prep (Former Employee) –  Woodstock, ON11 April 2018
I'd sign in, change, and go to work. Didn't learn too much, management was okay, didn't interfere much. The workplace culture was a mix of humorous and serious. The hardest part of the job was the stacks of dishes left there from the shift before, since the shift before left an hour before I showed up to work. The most enjoyable part of the job was the hour before I left, when the clean up started.
Pros
Free food
Cons
Long hours, fast paced work
Typical chain food resturant
Line Cook (Current Employee) –  Orillia, ON9 April 2018
I learned all the basics of cooking and meal preparation from fellow employees who are helpful for the most part. The mentality and work ethic of some employees was sub par and could definitely use some improvement. As any other typical chain restaurant there is not a lot of room to progress further up in the restaurant as well as very little wage increases. The final issue is the employees are not valued as some of them should be, instead they are put to the same standered as every other employee when doing more for the restaurant.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Kelseys Original Roadhouse. Our community is ready to answer.