Kelseys Original Roadhouse Employee Reviews

Fun and friendly environment
PREP COOK / DISHWASHER (Former Employee) –  Ajax, ON11 September 2018
I loved my co op job! Going in and prepping food and dish-washing. My manager was friendly and so were my fellow co workers. I learned about contamination and different foods.
Pros
Free Drinks
Good Experience
Line Cook/Expo/ Utility/ Prep. Cook (Former Employee) –  Scarborough, ON6 September 2018
Aside from the few characters and dishonesty for social well-being. Its a great second job. Terrible first option. Ive been with the company for 4 years and cannot say anything bad as far as getting an objective completed. But there is lack of support.
Pros
Discounted Food
Cons
Lack of effort and teamwork
fun and exciting place
Bartender/Server (Former Employee) –  Newmarket, ON26 August 2018
gretat atmoshere great co workers great management. they work around your outside life great $ as a server or bartender. just wish u didnt hAVE TO DO AS MANY SPLIT SHIFTS.
Pros
GOOD $ in tips
Cons
splits shifts and working every holiday
Tiring
Line Cook and Dishwasher (Former Employee) –  Ottawa, ON24 August 2018
I found this job to be extremely slow and tiring and if that isn't enough, if you don't fit in with the people who work there you will dread going to work every day. I tried to be a good worker when I started on line, but one of the dishwasher quit suddenly and they asked me if I wanted to take their place which I did. I then found myself working on line and dish at the same time and felt used, but more importantly I struggled with my happiness and health because of the long grueling hours.

I didn't mind this job that much in itself, but the people I worked with in that location were difficult for me to get along with and I felt that I was being used and not learning anything new.
Decent workplace with friendly staff but not enough hours
Hostess (Former Employee) –  Guelph, ON22 July 2018
Over the course of when I worked there, the staff were very friendly and nice but I just didn't get enough hours to my liking. They started giving other people the shifts that I usually worked so it didn't work out for me.
Pros
Discounts on food
Cons
No specific end time
Fast paced friendly environment
Hostess (Former Employee) –  Brampton, ON22 July 2018
This job kept you on your feet and you interacted with very friendly customer's, not to say that there weren't some challenges on the job as well but what job doesn't deal with difficulties. I learned how to seat the guests in the dining room of the restaurant and as well bar
Exemplary
Line Cook Bar, Fryer and Grill (Former Employee) –  Oshawa, ON17 July 2018
Great work experience , learned a lot. My coworkers were always teaching me and introducing me to many cooking techniques. Management was good lacked communication skiils
Pros
Flexibility
Cons
N/a
Stressful, horrible management,
Hostess (Current Employee) –  Kitchener, ON16 July 2018
The location I worked at was horrible, management sucked and the people I worked with sucked. Was not a very good place to work at all. Would not recommend.
give us your opinion about
Line Cook (Former Employee) –  Burlington, ON13 July 2018
-a typical day at work
-what you learned
-management
workplace culture
-the hardest part of the job
-the most enjoyable part of the job

your company review
fun,cool and awesome
Prep Cook (Former Employee) –  Thunder Bay, ON2 July 2018
on of the best place to get a job. good pay as well as good tip system. friendly workers and flexible timings. understandable and good management as well as managers.

Want to know more about Kelseys Original Roadhouse?

Ask a question
Kelseys
Server (Former Employee) –  Hamilton, ON28 June 2018
I worked for Kelsays for a year and overall it was a good experience and I would recommend it to anyone. The staff are excellent and most customers are great
fast pace
Dishwasher (Former Employee) –  Newmarket, ON23 June 2018
it was very tough to work at balancing school an work and they couldn't work with my schedule so i had to go but they were really nice and the job wasn't bad
Server (Former Employee) –  Oakville, ON21 June 2018
It was a smaller restaurant. A fun environment. It was like a family. The GM was very good to work with. Very flexible and fair. I enjoyed my time here.
A blast
Bartender (Former Employee) –  Oshawa, ON20 June 2018
Loved working for Kelseys. The one I worked at had just opened and starting off with whole team of new people the management really excelled. Overall found it to be a great experience.
Great Hours Great Tips
WAITRESS / SERVER (Former Employee) –  Ancaster, ON31 May 2018
For a well-known establishment, I found that there was not a lot of traffic other than college students and regulars at this establishment. None the less I was able to make great tips as well as new friends
Always Changing
Utility/Line Cook (Former Employee) –  Winnipeg, MB31 May 2018
It was a good job took awhile to get there from where I was living but besides that i found it fun to work there. Then only thing was that they had to close most of the stores.
Interesting Work structure Overall a good job
Line cook (Former Employee) –  Brampton, ON28 May 2018
Not a bad work environment just questionable management at times. I would suggest working for it because it offers good starting experience and allows for you to get a foot in the door.
Great workplace environment
Manager On Duty & Server (Current Employee) –  Bolton, ON17 May 2018
Great workplace environment where every day is a new experience. Great place to develop great customer service qualities. As well great place to meet new people.
kelseys
Host/Server (Former Employee) –  Milton, ON9 May 2018
managers were usually treating individuals with respect and politeness but all of the coworkers at this place seemed to be at each others throats while working.. maybe just a bad bunch of employees working at same time but not the best environment
Repetative but enjoyable
Expo and Server (Former Employee) –  Owen Sound, ON1 May 2018
A typical day included working with customers, preparing meals and providing exemplary service. I found this part time position was great while in high school.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Kelseys Original Roadhouse. Our community is ready to answer.