Kelseys Original Roadhouse Employee Reviews

Server (Former Employee) –  Oakville, ON21 June 2018
It was a smaller restaurant. A fun environment. It was like a family. The GM was very good to work with. Very flexible and fair. I enjoyed my time here.
A blast
Bartender (Former Employee) –  Oshawa, ON20 June 2018
Loved working for Kelseys. The one I worked at had just opened and starting off with whole team of new people the management really excelled. Overall found it to be a great experience.
Always Changing
Utility/Line Cook (Former Employee) –  Winnipeg, MB31 May 2018
It was a good job took awhile to get there from where I was living but besides that i found it fun to work there. Then only thing was that they had to close most of the stores.
Interesting Work structure Overall a good job
Line cook (Former Employee) –  Brampton, ON28 May 2018
Not a bad work environment just questionable management at times. I would suggest working for it because it offers good starting experience and allows for you to get a foot in the door.
Great workplace environment
Manager On Duty & Server (Current Employee) –  Bolton, ON17 May 2018
Great workplace environment where every day is a new experience. Great place to develop great customer service qualities. As well great place to meet new people.
kelseys
Host/Server (Former Employee) –  Milton, ON9 May 2018
managers were usually treating individuals with respect and politeness but all of the coworkers at this place seemed to be at each others throats while working.. maybe just a bad bunch of employees working at same time but not the best environment
Repetative but enjoyable
Expo and Server (Former Employee) –  Owen Sound, ON1 May 2018
A typical day included working with customers, preparing meals and providing exemplary service. I found this part time position was great while in high school.
Exciting and Full of Energy
Kitchen Helper/ Prep cook (Former Employee) –  Richmond Hill, ON25 April 2018
A typical day begins with a joyful greeting with co-workers, change and dive right into work.
I learned that to survive, preparation is key. After that comes Quick thinking.
Fun and Comfortable Work Environment
Hostess (Former Employee) –  Brantford, ON19 April 2018
My time spent working at kelsey's was a very influential one. It was an amazing workplace that took my needs into consideration and had a wonderful management team!
Pros
flexible hours, discount on food, happy environment
great place
Prep Cook (Former Employee) –  Lindsay, ON13 April 2018
They are a well balance place to work for always busey ,great hours always have thing to prep learning new ways to prep cook and working on the front lines.
Pros
good place to work
Fast pace
Dishwasher/Food Prep (Former Employee) –  Woodstock, ON11 April 2018
I'd sign in, change, and go to work. Didn't learn too much, management was okay, didn't interfere much. The workplace culture was a mix of humorous and serious. The hardest part of the job was the stacks of dishes left there from the shift before, since the shift before left an hour before I showed up to work. The most enjoyable part of the job was the hour before I left, when the clean up started.
Pros
Free food
Cons
Long hours, fast paced work
Typical chain food resturant
Line Cook (Current Employee) –  Orillia, ON9 April 2018
I learned all the basics of cooking and meal preparation from fellow employees who are helpful for the most part. The mentality and work ethic of some employees was sub par and could definitely use some improvement. As any other typical chain restaurant there is not a lot of room to progress further up in the restaurant as well as very little wage increases. The final issue is the employees are not valued as some of them should be, instead they are put to the same standered as every other employee when doing more for the restaurant.
great food
co-op placement (Former Employee) –  Hamilton, ON6 April 2018
people love to work here! and everyone gets along. The work environment is awesome. the chefs are great people and the wait staff is always helpful to eachother
do not suggest working here. avoid if possible
Line Cook (Current Employee) –  Ancaster, ON1 April 2018
most managers are not willing to listen to their kitchen workers. they will treat the front of house staff amazing but the kitchen staff is not treated well.
Typical day at Kelseys
Kitchen Assistant (Former Employee) –  Burlington, ON20 March 2018
Great place to figure myself out in the work field. Employees are understanding of your character and adaptive enough to keep the day going smoothly. Great learning experience for young adults to learn how to operate in a kitchen environment properly.
Pros
Free Lunch
Cons
N/a
Great time
Waitress/Bartender (Former Employee) –  Hamilton15 March 2018
Great tips great atmosphere. Great people great oppitunity
Always busys great. Learning oppitunity
It was fuj great bosses great courses
It was all so fun
Fun place to work
COOK (Former Employee) –  Lloydminster, AB6 March 2018
I real enjoyed working for this company due to the fact that everyone was like family. We all got alone and made work fun. I learned a lot from working here.
Good working conditions
Co-op (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON24 February 2018
I learned to put different foods into portions so it's ready to use in meals for customers. I would weigh the food and cut it into different sizes and store it.
Worst management
Bartender/Server (Former Employee) –  Kitchener, ON19 February 2018
Once upon a time it was a great place to work. Since new management the place is a joke. Head manager said his best kitchen line went in the bathroom to do drugs mid shift. They recently lost 4 bartenders, a supervisor and 3 servers since they took over. A very disappointing turn in management. For 3 years they had very little turnover until now. If you are looking to work for people who disrespect you and do not value their employees then you have found your ideal job.
Cons
Bad management
Ok job until they set me aside and never gave me a shift for no reason
Line Cook (Former Employee) –  Owen Sound, ON11 February 2018
I worked there for about 1 month was bad at dishpit but was good on line which the line cooks told me but the managers didn't and set me aside and I haven't had a shift since. The day they told me they didnt know where to put me they had decided to just train someone else so I think that person was probably a personal friend that needed a job. When I applied as well they said they were hiring full time line cooks and I was hired then I found out at me orientation that it was part time and it would take me at least 4 months they said to go full time and they put me on line, food prep and dishpit.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Kelseys Original Roadhouse. Our community is ready to answer.