Kelseys Original Roadhouse Employee Reviews

Productive and fun
Hostess (Current Employee) –  Oakville, ON11 January 2019
KELSEYS is a great first job. I’ve learned ways to develope my people skills and organization. Communication is very important and that’s something that this restaurant could improve. The management and culture is great. The hardest part is when it gets really busy. Overall it’s an awesome place to work.
Pros
Free drinks
Cons
Fun workplace with messy management
Bartender (Former Employee) –  Richmond Hill, ON10 January 2019
I enjoyed working at this place, getting to meet a lot of nice people who I actually think will be lifelong friends. The issue was management not performing their duties, such as speaking with guests when issues were escalated or dealing with the kitchen when there were food errors. There was a disconnect in the management team which trickled down to both front and back of house. Hours always varied due to the turnover in the location. One week you could be working 35 hours, the next you could have 12.
Pros
Fun coworker culture
Cons
no consistency
Horrible Management
Waitress (Former Employee) –  Guelph, ON10 December 2018
Very fast paced with poor training. Coworkers were very nice and friendly, but management was highly unprofessional, disrespectful and ignorant. They will never listen to any of your concerns or treat you with the respect you deserve. I would never work there again or even encourage my family to eat there. It is a very frustrating work place and I do not commend this location
Pros
friendly coworkers, good tips, fast paced
Cons
unprofessional employers, short shifts, uncomfortable environment
Fast pace
Dishwasher/Food Prep (Former Employee) –  Woodstock, ON11 April 2018
I'd sign in, change, and go to work. Didn't learn too much, management was okay, didn't interfere much. The workplace culture was a mix of humorous and serious. The hardest part of the job was the stacks of dishes left there from the shift before, since the shift before left an hour before I showed up to work. The most enjoyable part of the job was the hour before I left, when the clean up started.
Pros
Free food
Cons
Long hours, fast paced work
Productive, team player, motivation
WAITRESS/SERVER (Former Employee) –  Oshawa, ON4 December 2018
typical day, always there 1/2 - 45 minutes early just in case extra help is needed. seeing regular guests and chatting with them. working with wonderful co-workers and management. I made so many friend that will last forever.
Pros
working with the public
Cons
double shifts but always work them
give us your opinion about
Line Cook (Former Employee) –  Burlington, ON13 July 2018
-a typical day at work
-what you learned
-management
workplace culture
-the hardest part of the job
-the most enjoyable part of the job

your company review
Beware....work there if you dare
Server (Former Employee) –  Windsor, ON18 January 2019
Horribe experience. Hired too many employees based on a newly renovated location. Makes promises to hours they can't fulfill. Kept screwing around with my start date. All the while I come to find out they are mistreating the employees that had been with them for years and are trying to push them out. Many of these employees toughing it out for month's waiting for the re-open. All before Christmas might I add. This place is totally mismanaged. They don't work together at all. One manager seeming to only favour certain staff and all coming from same restaurant. Not sure what's going on there. Problems all around. Just a mess.
slow restaurant with great staff
Waitress/Bartender (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ON15 January 2019
The restaurant is more on the slower side, some busy days when hockey tournaments are in town or depending on how busy the hotels nearby are.
Management is great as well as all staff
Tiring
Line Cook and Dishwasher (Former Employee) –  Ottawa, ON24 August 2018
I found this job to be extremely slow and tiring and if that isn't enough, if you don't fit in with the people who work there you will dread going to work every day. I tried to be a good worker when I started on line, but one of the dishwasher quit suddenly and they asked me if I wanted to take their place which I did. I then found myself working on line and dish at the same time and felt used, but more importantly I struggled with my happiness and health because of the long grueling hours.

I didn't mind this job that much in itself, but the people I worked with in that location were difficult for me to get along with and I felt that I was being used and not learning anything new.
fun and exciting place
Bartender/Server (Former Employee) –  Newmarket, ON26 August 2018
gretat atmoshere great co workers great management. they work around your outside life great $ as a server or bartender. just wish u didnt hAVE TO DO AS MANY SPLIT SHIFTS.
Pros
GOOD $ in tips
Cons
splits shifts and working every holiday
Exemplary
Line Cook Bar, Fryer and Grill (Former Employee) –  Oshawa, ON17 July 2018
Great work experience , learned a lot. My coworkers were always teaching me and introducing me to many cooking techniques. Management was good lacked communication skiils
Pros
Flexibility
Cons
N/a
very friendly
Server, hostess and bartender (Former Employee) –  Markham, ON13 November 2018
employees are amazing, friendly and always willing to help you at any moment. the new owners have no restaurant experience which makes it difficult to work with them. this location is also not nearly as busy as it used to be which doesn't keep you busy and makes it hard to keep busy
Pros
50% meals while working
Cons
not that busy
Stressful, horrible management,
Hostess (Current Employee) –  Kitchener, ON16 July 2018
The location I worked at was horrible, management sucked and the people I worked with sucked. Was not a very good place to work at all. Would not recommend.
A blast
Bartender (Former Employee) –  Oshawa, ON20 June 2018
Loved working for Kelseys. The one I worked at had just opened and starting off with whole team of new people the management really excelled. Overall found it to be a great experience.
fun,cool and awesome
Prep Cook (Former Employee) –  Thunder Bay, ON2 July 2018
on of the best place to get a job. good pay as well as good tip system. friendly workers and flexible timings. understandable and good management as well as managers.
Interaction with guests
Bartender\Server (Former Employee) –  Ajax, ON28 September 2018
Worked as a Bartender and Server, dealing with people all the time is something some people can do and others need not apply. So guest can be extremely rude and are only their to complain. Just a fun place and can enjoy yourself in a fast paced environment.
Pros
free food and tips
Cons
slow periods and late nights
Great environment
HOSTESS/FOOD PREP/SERVER (Former Employee) –  Burlington, ON22 October 2018
Continuously on the go as it is a restaurant business.
Always had a great time working with my peers and learning what it was like to work in a restaurant and become a server and how fast pace the job can get.
Pros
The guests were a huge pro to me.
Cons
Not enough hours.
Working as a line cook
Line Cook (Former Employee) –  Nepean, ON6 December 2018
I had a lot of fun working as a line cook and refining my skills in the back of house in the restaurant industry. It was easy to make positive working relationships and worked great as a team.
Pros
fun and fast pace
Cons
late working hours.
Interesting Work structure Overall a good job
Line cook (Former Employee) –  Brampton, ON28 May 2018
Not a bad work environment just questionable management at times. I would suggest working for it because it offers good starting experience and allows for you to get a foot in the door.
Good Experience
Line Cook/Expo/ Utility/ Prep. Cook (Former Employee) –  Scarborough, ON6 September 2018
Aside from the few characters and dishonesty for social well-being. Its a great second job. Terrible first option. Ive been with the company for 4 years and cannot say anything bad as far as getting an objective completed. But there is lack of support.
Pros
Discounted Food
Cons
Lack of effort and teamwork

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Kelseys Original Roadhouse. Our community is ready to answer.