Kelseys Original Roadhouse
Happiness score is 50 out of 100

Working at Kelseys Original Roadhouse: Employee Reviews

Canada463 reviews

Kelsey's was a good place to work for a part time job. Friendly work environment and management was great. Lots of hours to pick up as well. I would recommend working here to anyone.

Really good

Fun place to work when it’s busy the time flies and the managers are really good, it can get stress full but with the right help it’ll be a good night.

Insights into Kelseys Original Roadhouse

Areas for improvement
  • Support from manager
  • Overall satisfaction
  • General feeling of work happiness

fun place to work

best place to work, Appreciate your honorable customer service with amazing food. Feels like old times with the family when you attend this restaurant with great people you can feel the amazing energy as soon you enter the door . I will be back for sure and it’s also in a great location full of life.

Pros

free lunch

Cons

taking out the garbage

Terrible place to work at.

Management is extremely unprofessional, however, the workers are all welcoming and collaborative. Management would cut your hours when it is not busy, or call you in for work then tell you they don't need you as soon as you arrive. Shifts are unfairly given, as they pick and choose favourites to give them to. Not a great place to work, would highly recommend finding somewhere else.

Pros

Great co-workers, good tips, discounted food

Cons

Unprofessional, unorganized

Very poor management, no sanitation in the back, poor employees

Workers and managers treat staff like they’re roadkill. Get used and abused for them, don’t care about your time off or availability. Very poor management.

Pros

working with people you enjoy

Cons

no breaks at all

Don’t work here it’s a very hard job.

It’s a stressful tiring job not enjoyable job. You will start to feel very angry with yourself because of how much of this job sucks. Good luck If you do it.

Great Coworkers, Bad Policies

I absolutely adore my coworkers and management at Kelsey's. The job is a typical serving job (the expectations and pressure can be a little high, but they will always help you out if they can) and the shifts usually run smoothly. The training is effective and always on-going which is helpful. I will say, however, that at my location (I'm not sure about other locations), some rules go against the Ontario Labour Board policies and can be challenging to deal with. For example, there are times when staff is expected to sit at a table unpaid for up to an hour until they're allowed to start or eventually just get sent home, and even though some shifts are under 3 hours, you are only paid for what you work. I would say that this is a good job as a side gig or for extra cash, but I personally wouldn't rely on it as my sole source of income. Overall, I do like my job here, but there are some issues to consider.

amazing place to work

Great place to work. Great customers and amazing staff. Everyone friendly and like a family. good place to start out as a server or any job. if you work hard you'll get the hours and move up depending on your job.

Great job, teammates, and tips

My first waitressing job and I couldn't have pi ked a better place . Management is awesome and definitely there for you. No drama at work. If you want to work you will get the hours and customers will tip and love you for it !

A mess

This company does not care about their employees and made 16-year-olds work 14 hours and would not allow them to step away for a bite to eat even when we were very slow.

Unorganized

They would put people on call and they kicked me out of the shift the minute I arrived if it was not busy which wasted my time. The work culture is not inviting and people would not talk to new staff.

Super fun workplace experience

I still work here to this day and I learn a lot every day, a respectful and fun-loving environment. I would say the hardest part of the job is how much you stand but trust me you learn endurance after a little while.

Pros

suppotive group

Cons

none that i can think of

No hours

You will get zero hours in the summer because they are so dead. Not a bad job for students/part time but if your full time you will get maybe 15 hours a week because they cut you after 3 hours.

Pros

Tips, fun environment

Cons

No hours

Great working environment

Employees and management are super friendly and helpful. Hands-on training, rather than sitting at a computer for a week. Little expectation for new employees; they train you at the easiest station and slowly introduce you to the more difficult ones. Tips are distributed to both FOH and BOH (not a whole lot goes to newcomers/part-timers at first, but you gradually start making more). The restaurant definitely over-staffs; if you're rigid on having 40 hrs a week, this might not be the place for you, as even the long-term full-timers don't get that much.

Pros

Free meal every shift, tips for BOH, positive environment

Cons

overstaffing, not enough hours, not guaranteed a full shift

Very fun and fast pace I recommend getting a job at Kelsey’s

At Kelsey’s they’re not just “coworkers “ it’s a family who will help you when ever you need it it’s fast pace, and it can be a little stressful at times but that’s what comes from working in a kitchen. Best 3 years and a half of my life

Pros

When ever you have a shift u get 50% off staff discount, And when u don’t have a shift u get 20% off.

Cons

When it’s busy it’s possible u may not get a break until wayyy after the rush

Good job but cliquey

I enjoyed my time at Kelseys. The job itself was great. There was a little favouritism and cliques at my store which affected my hours though. A coworker refused to help me when I was alone in a rush, I then walked in on them talking badly about me behind my back and manager did nothing when I told them because this coworker was the ‘favourite’. This same coworker complained about ME under performing, which resulted in my hours being cut completely.

Unwelcoming and disorganized

When I got hired the manager didn’t give me my uniform or my belt/billfold , promised hours, but they cut you after 1 or 2 hours, and there not very understanding of personal issues

Cons

Not a completely horrible atmosphere.

I found this job to be very short on training and very expectant. I barely knew my staff there but the waiters and waitresses whom work front of restaurant are the friendliest. I found it to be very super fast pace and if you do not yet have alot of experience in this field then not recommended because I found the training to be very quick and short. However front of the house staff are the friendliest from what I experienced at this workplace. But as I said experience is a must have.

Pros

Breaks when needed

Cons

Location is somewhat undesirable.

Good place to work at

overall relaxed environment , good people to work and had lots of fun working within the workplace. Would definitely suggest it as a starting job in the hospitality field.

Lots of potential but very minimal structure

There is definetly room for advancement in this branch of Kelseys. There is alot of issues in this brand with consistency and structure. If you just plan on being a server or cook there is potential for a long term tender with this company.

Great place to work when starting out in the restaurant industry

Pretty much the same as every chain restaurant. Good place to learn the basics of kitchen work. Can be very fast paced and stressful but depends on your location if they will have enough staff working.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Kelseys Original Roadhouse. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

3.3 out of 5 stars for Job security/advancement