Kelseys Original Roadhouse Employee Reviews

Fast-Paced and fun environment.
Opening Cook (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ON20 May 2019
Working at Kelseys was a great learning experience. The staff and management were extremely friendly and helpful. I improved on a lot of my cooking skills and learned so many new things. The hardest part of the job was having to learn so many things in the beginning. However, with the help of the staff, I was able to learn the routine and become a part of the team. Once I had the basics down, the job became extremely fun and engaging especially during the busy hours when everyone is working together to get the orders done. Overall, I am glad to have had the opportunity to work with a great team of diverse people.
Waitress
BARTENDER/WAITRESS (Former Employee) –  Brampton, ON14 May 2019
Working in a restaurant is always fun and never a dull moment. From situational with customers , complaints , parties it's always fast pace for the most part. Great people and management here
Pros
The environment
After years at this location, would NOT recommend working here
Server (Former Employee) –  St. Catharines, ON12 May 2019
I worked at this Kelsey's for years always hoping the work environment would get better, but it never did.
To most, on first impression, it may seem that this Kelsey's is a fun, hip place to work but that couldn't be more off. The work environment is less than ideal. It's demeaning, rude, and abusive. There are individuals who have worked at this location for many years who act entitled and alienate new people on the job.
Management is snakey and has "favorites" (usually the veterans who have worked there forever), giving them more shifts than others, or just generally treating them better. I never did feel supported by my managers, and I never 100% felt comfortable approaching any of them about anything. Many times people would be missing hours from their paycheck but would not feel comfortable enough to address it (for example). What's worse is that I've witnessed literal physical abuse to a coworker by a member of management, as well as verbal abuse to many which always made me really uncomfortable.
Line cooks and servers do not have a good relationship, much of the time servers are disrespected by the line cooks. Which in my experience, is typical in the restaurant industry, but just made this experience even more negative. Again, management could care less about how the servers are treated.
There are only a few good things I have to say about this Kelsey's: some of the regular customers are great, some of my coworkers over the years were great and the potential to make good money as a server is there. But the pros did not weigh out the cons for me.
Pros
Decent tips
Cons
Terrible work environment, terrible management
fun fast paced place to work
Server (Former Employee) –  Lindsay, ON6 May 2019
Fast paced work environment, co-workers were fun and worked hard. Working at a restaurant this was an amazing experience. Met lots of awesome people in a beautiful place.
Not great.
Dishwasher (Current Employee) –  Tecumseh, ON19 April 2019
Kitchen staff refuse to help with anything unless it directly applies to them. The servers need to learn how to stack objects of the same shape together. Managers generally just need to get their stuff together; i cannot stress how difficult it is to get anything done in relation to management in this establishment. Personally, i would not ever come back UNLESS they have an immense change in management.
Great place to work during school
Line Cook (Current Employee) –  Bowmanville, ON4 April 2019
I started part time with kelseys at the beginning of my college semester and they were great in working around my hours and making it convenient to work shifts. Unfortunately the upper management has been awful through my experience, which has nit made for the best work experience.
ambiente bastante emprendedor i divertido
Night Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Alberta28 March 2019
buen restaurant con elaboraciĆ³n de platos canadienses americanos hamburguess , bistiquets, ensaladas, pastas, i postres
Pros
benficios medicos
Great place to work, friendly management
Server (Former Employee) –  Oakville, ON25 March 2019
As a server its a great place to work. Hours are relatively steady, can be a little short. Usually get a good enough time to have a break. Management team supportive and understanding.
a work shift
Hostess (Former Employee) –  St. Catharines, ON18 March 2019
at Kelseys my position was being a hostess. when customers walk in I was the first person you see, so I had to make sure I was well groomed, had a smile on my face and very polite and welcoming. then I would seat them in the appropriate section
Pros
good environment, good staff
Cons
not many hours
Kelseys
Line Cook (Former Employee) –  Midland, ON5 March 2019
Opened kitchen daily, created prep list, ordered inventory, prepared customer meals, created daily lunch and dinner specials, received promotions, prizes and hospitality excellence pins for hard work and initiative.
Pros
discounts
Difficult to Manage with Personal Life
Dishwasher (Former Employee) –  Ottawa, ON5 March 2019
A typical day at work, would consist of me starting my shift at 5 pm and end around 11:30 pm; with me washing dishes and making sure most things were clean.

Management was extremely friendly and understanding with me because it took me some time to get use to the speed and how everything moved in the dish pit.

The workplace culture was fantastic everyone was happy, everything flowed smoothly with every employee communicating with one another, so nothing bad would happen on a busy night.

The hardest part of the job was managing it with my personal life, I'm an athlete and at the time I played club and high school basketball. Now there was a book to take shifts off. I would do so weeks in advance and would still get booked for the weekends I tried to right off.

The most enjoyable part of the job were the people I was working with. Everyone was extremely friendly, and easy to get along with.
Pros
50% off all meals
Cons
Long Hours
Great Staff, Poor Owner
Assistant General Manager (Former Employee) –  Hamilton, ON4 March 2019
easy to get along with staff. They work hard with the right motivation. The brand itself is very poor with communication unfortunately and the regional manager for this location is hardly an influence or help at all.
God place to work
Manager (Current Employee) –  St. Catharines, ON2 March 2019
overall it is a good place to work...like most places it can have long hours...sometimes the hardest thing is dealing with difficult people but that is the business
Fast pace fun working environment with supportive team
Line cook (Former Employee) –  Ottawa, ON3 February 2019
Working as a line cook at Kelsey's taught me alot about working efficiently. It was often very fast paced, and learning how to properly manage my time was crucial for my success when the restaurant got busy. Time flies and the social environment is very fun and interesting
Pros
Free food
Cons
Leaving late
Great work enviroment
Line Cook (Former Employee) –  Burlington, ON30 January 2019
The people you working with are amazing and caring people, with every dish that goes out there is a little loved sprinkled on each and every plate, easily get along with co workers.
Challenging
Prep Cook (Former Employee) –  Thornhill, ON29 January 2019
Working at any restaurant will have its difficulties, however Kelsey was very challenging. This location specifically was very in organized, over staffed, and did not have the inventory required for business always available.
Amazing!!
Chef/Server (Former Employee) –  Scarborough, ON28 January 2019
Worked at Kelseys and loved it. Everything was amazing and i was able to work, go to school and have a social life. they were super accepting of my random schedule due to school and helped work with me when it came to getting shifts covered.
amazing coworkers
Dishwasher /Food Prep (Former Employee) –  Brockville, ON24 January 2019
- cleaning dishes
- talking to your coworkers
- fast paced
- good environment
- hardest part was keeping up when you are by yourself
- learned how to handle a knife
Pros
free food by the end of the nigth
Cons
not enough hours
Good work place
Cook (Former Employee) –  St. Catharines, ON24 January 2019
Every one is very nice and welcoming, the employees work as a team and all get along with each other. High Volume kitchen always keeping you buy and occupied.
Beware....work there if you dare
Server (Former Employee) –  Windsor, ON18 January 2019
Horribe experience. Hired too many employees based on a newly renovated location. Makes promises to hours they can't fulfill. Kept screwing around with my start date. All the while I come to find out they are mistreating the employees that had been with them for years and are trying to push them out. Many of these employees toughing it out for month's waiting for the re-open. All before Christmas might I add. This place is totally mismanaged. They don't work together at all. One manager seeming to only favour certain staff and all coming from same restaurant. Not sure what's going on there. Problems all around. Just a mess.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Kelseys Original Roadhouse. Our community is ready to answer.