Kelseys Original Roadhouse
Happiness score is 61 out of 100

Kelseys Original Roadhouse Employee Reviews

Thankful for my time with the company but there are little advancement opportunities and should you become a manager, it provides terrible work life balance and can be very demanding. The upper management and owner at my location was great but head office can be a mess sometimes. Hours are all over the place, expect to work long days sometimes 14+ hours, evenings, weekends, holidays.
Pros
free food, benefits
Cons
Kelsey's management team at my location (Oshawa) is amazing to work for! GM and assistant managers, as well as the regional manager are easy going, appreciate the hard work of their staff and go above and beyond for their employees! Highly recommend Kelsey's! I love it!
Pros
Solid management, flexible hours
Cons
Shorter shifts on slow days but it goes with the territory in this industry.
An alright place to work. Owners are great and willingly to step in and help. Breaks are not really thing nor are there much for benefits. Low wages and don't expect full time hours.
Pros
Cross training
Cons
Lack of positive morale, no tips, minimum wage
You will be broke even if you still have a job because they barely give you any shift. As a minority I feel weird working there they give weird vibes.
Pros
all you do is stand
Cons
all u do is stand
Great job prior to COVID 19. Slow business means less hours, more responsibility, and less pay. Difficult to make ends meet in between the constant layoffs. Looking forward to working after Covid plays out.
Pros
Great experience
Cons
Covid-19
Awesome team of servers/bartendersEasy menu to learn Flexible shifts - not great for planning your life outside of work though. Shifts could be 1 hour or could be 8 you just never know,Typical difficult customers but mostly goodTerrible food - it gets sent back a lotTerrible training - you’re dumped onto an employee that has no idea until they arrive for their shift Dictator like management - you just never know when you’re putting a foot wrong Management hides a lot of the problems from owner so when complaints are sent in, the owner has no ideaDiscounts on meals but not free - 50% off before, during or after your shift. 20% off for you and 6 others outside of your shift. Also 20% off at other Cara brand restaurants.
Pros
Fun, easy work, great team of servers/bartenders
Cons
Management are awful, shifts are all over the place
Amazing people, amazing place to work. Very clean and is strict on foodsafety and sanitation. Professional workplace where staff and managers work together to provide exceptional guest experience.
Pros
Flexible schedule, career growth
If you're looking for meaningful work without the burden of typical Mon-Fri hours than Kelseys is for you! Money is good and Management is great! Love
Pros
The better you get the more tables you will have
Cons
Fast-paced environment and not everyone can work at this pace. Know yourself.
Worst place ever to work at.Manager cuts your hours if she thinks you know something about her past.If she doesnt like people you know and keep company with, she will cut your hours.She throws office chairs in the kitchen when shes mad.Shamiah...worst position for this woman. I never recommend this place.
Pros
Good Spinach Dip
Cons
SHEMIAH the Manager
i got no hours, i would be at work for 3- 4 hours 3 times a week. The servers are lazy and so rude. The managers were always making race comments and little snippy comments to me. i called in to quit and the manager cut me off mid sentence and was completely out of line and just hung up the phone after he found out i quit. Honesty not worth being there, the money isn't even that good.
Pros
50% food after your shift
Cons
everyone there is rude
when i first began to work there it was great, fast pace and you kept busy but since coronavirus happened it’s been super dead and slow paced and short shifts.
Pros
you got food after working 4 hours
I love to work in kelseys. It was very good place with a very supportive staff members. They will give you a good pay. They are also give 50% discount on food also.
They're a revolving door for staff and management, which leads to a good majority of the staff having no idea what's going on at any given time. And believe me it shows in the number of guest complaints you deal with... when you can actually get hours or tables because people are starting to realize just how downhill they've gone, so they're often pretty empty (obviously referring to pre pandemic). Don't waste your time.
Pros
Not enough
Cons
Too many
Don't work here! You get bullied and treated like garbage all the time! The Kelsey on Oxford and Gammage in London Ontario the owner is a racist pile of garbage.( it won't let me swear). The management doesn't care about anything of anybody they spread rumors about you behind your back and if you confront or report them,you lose your job! Absolute joke.
Pros
If this place burned down.
Cons
Everything!
If you're looking for a fast-paced environment, I highly suggest working at the back of the house at Kelsey's Roadhouse. The staff and management are extremely friendly and helpful.
Pros
Discount food
I was a line cook and prep cook so every day looked different for me , i learned to move a lot faster and do several things at once , it helped a lot especially during diner rush. Very fast paced go go go environment , but i loved it , the guys i worked with really made my job the best , coming into work everyday and joking and having fun , but also serious and we work when we need to , probably the best job i have ever had..
I have been with Kelsey's for 5 years, and the good days outweigh the bad days tremendously. I love the staff I work with, and the overall friendly atmosphere in our location.
Great fun place to work. The regulars are amazing and you become family with the staff and guests. No benefits at some locations only downside. Love the food.
This was a interesting first job, I learned a lot about what it takes to work in a team and work in a loud and busy environment. At times the job was stressful however the colleagues were nice and I enjoyed my time there.
a fast paced workplace with great staff. typical day includes conversing with customers and providing solid customer service. management is accommodating to days off.
Don’t take the job it’s a waste of time they treat the back employees like slaves you don’t get paid anything special and there is never any set time you can leave they, the servers don’t do anything and the work placement is toxic a bunch of clowns talking about each other and bullying the new people