Kelsey School Division Employee Reviews

4.2Pay & Benefits
4.3Job Security & Advancement
Good School to work at
Kindergarten Teacher (Former Employee) –  The Pas, MB17 April 2018
No issues with this workplace. Worked as a kindergarten teacher here for one year. Left position as I obtained work at another school. School is located in Northern Manitoba.
Productive and fun workplace
Teacher (Former Employee) –  The Pas, MB22 February 2017
Break, support to increase your skills, understanding and compassionate management, support with students when requested, days off with pay, compassionate leave,
Pros
any extracurricular hours up to 50 day off
Professional Environment with Teacher autonomy
Senior Science / Computer Science Teacher (Current Employee) –  The Pas, MB25 August 2016
I teach for five classes a day with my class size ranging between 15 to 30 students. The smaller classes are tutorial classes that I teach two at risk students and the larger classes are my biology and general science classes. The most enjoyable part of my job would be the students in my classes who are very respectful and motivated. The hardest part of my job is the fact that the administration has been changing for the past few years which I find disruptive. But other than that, the staff are very good to work with and collaborate well with each other.
Fun, Flexible and appropriate work times
Educational Assistant and Teacher Substitute (Current Employee) –  The Pas, MB6 May 2014
I would usually get called in, in the morning and work at either an early years of secondary school as an educational assistant, my work hours are usually from 9-4:00 and would consist of helping kids with learning disabilities and also working in French immersion class rooms, helping with all subjects requiring help. I work mostly with teachers and other educational assistants. Management worked well with each other and staffing was very co-operative when I was unable to work as I was still a full-time university student while I was employed with this company. The hardest part on the job was being put into a new class for the first time and remembering the children names but was fully capable of remembering their name by noon hour. the most enjoyable part of the job was having the ability to see the kids learn new things and conquer the things they were having troubles with, this job was and is very rewarding. I am currently laid off of this job but will return in September in the new school year.
Pros
Very Flexible
Cons
Early morning call-ins
Great place to work but was up North
Computer & Electronic Media Technician (Former Employee) –  The Pas, MB17 October 2012
Loved the work but found the isolation in winter a little hard to bare.