Kelsey's Original Roadhouse Employee Reviews

Alright place
Team Trainer (Former Employee) –  Tillsonburg, ON21 March 2019
The management went to bad once the general management was changed. A lot of long hours. Some people are very friendly and are very nice people to get to know.
Fun workplace
SERVER/HOSTESS (Current Employee) –  Kitchener, ON1 March 2019
Everyone there is really easy to get along with. They are all light hearted and will joke around with everyone. Management is really understanding to students when it comes to hours, to make sure that there is a good school and work life balance.
Good Place to Work
Hostess (Former Employee) –  Kitchener, ON18 January 2019
Management was alright, some servers were really rude, overall I enjoyed the job but not the people. I think that there are many things at the restaurant that could be improved from an employment perspective.
Was a nice place to work
Hostess (Former Employee) –  Brampton, ON15 January 2019
But I had failed the course for smartserve and hosting just wasn’t what I had set out to do
Nice people good management
flexibile hours and perks/ discounts
Decent place
Hostess/Runner/Server (Former Employee) –  Niagara Falls, ON15 August 2018
The people were nice. Hours were long. Working with tourists has its pros and cons. I was given no chance to move up and I was offered a better job so I left.
Fun and challenging workplace!
Server (Former Employee) –  Ottawa, ON7 June 2018
Learned time management, working under stressful situations. The workplace culture is very fun and inviting, hardest part of the job is keeping up in rushes.
The worst company I have ever worked for(Corporate)
Manager (Former Employee) –  Kitchener, ON22 May 2018
I haven't seen a restaurant chain run as poorly as Kelsey's. The new renos need to be backed by actual food and service. The unreal targets and lack of understanding of the business from the top management of the company is baffling. I wouldn't recommend the place to anyone.
Pros
Competitive salary but not worth it for the number of hours
Cons
Long hours, constant turnover, mismanagement, unrealistic goals
Amazing Place to Work
Manager in Training (Former Employee) –  St. Catharines, ON9 April 2018
just like a family, great learning experience for commis starting out in this industry. Busy all the time, some days are long but that's the industry we are in. Motivation and hard work is key for success, working with my co workers that's what every single shift felt like. More than just work.
Pros
Great People
Cons
Glorified Fast Food
great
Server and Host (Current Employee) –  London, ON1 April 2018
Kelsye's East London Rocks!
-great place
-great greenhouse
-great for any occasion
Awful, awful, awful.
Cook (Former Employee) –  Ontario29 December 2017
If you enjoy being beaten with a toaster repeatedly then Kelseys is probably the place for you. When new owners took over it was the death rattle. Jumping ship was the best thing I could have done. The micromanagement that goes on....its ridiculous if you have any aspirations of cooking or any drive avoid this cesspool. Owners have no idea whatsoever how to run a restaurant and you can tell by how they interact with the employees and even the guests. The cold, condescending miserable tone where money is the number one over any human they employ. On the front door next to the neon signs should display abandon all hope ye who enter here.
Great Atmosphere
Prep Cook/Line Cook (Current Employee) –  Kitchener, ON3 November 2017
Working at Kelseys was a complete 360 from my old job. The staff is incredibly friendly and the workplace is very safe and clean. My time there provided me with a very great learning experience.
Pros
food
Fun place to work
Kitchen Assistant (Former Employee) –  Brampton, ON11 June 2017
Kelsey's have really nice people that work there. the food is well prepared and the staff is great. the environment is every fun and happy. They are very respectful.
Fun workplace but stressful at times due to customers complaints
HOSTESS (Former Employee) –  Kitchener, ON2 May 2017
every day as a hostess is different while seating guests, and cleaning the restaurant. I learned to be patient with guests and be compassionate. The management was fun to get along with, but at times it felt that Kelsey's was very unorganized. The other staff members made the work atmosphere fun and energetic, which was the the best part of the job. The hardest part of my job was time management, and controlling impatient customers.
Pros
Tips
Cons
short hours