Kelowna Flightcraft Ltd

Kelowna Flightcraft Ltd Employee Reviews

Canada14 reviews
work hard , keep mouth shut , ignore fact that machinery was all in disrepair , management blamed workers instead of their own lack of knowledge , hardest part of job was going to work knowing being held back .
Pros
Cons
management only cared about company and not advancement.
i truely liked communicating with all the other bases across the world. Talking to new people. Knowing that I made a difference on getting tooling in and out to make the planes fly on time. Also working with over 400 techs at the kelowna base was very educational.
Pros
Learning every day
Cons
shift work
- Management not top heavy and was fair to employees
- Owners were grateful for hard work and gave verbal praise often

- Pay was good for Okanagan valley standards
Pros
Job security, pension plan, interesting and varied work
Cons
I thoroughly enjoyed my time at Kelowna Flightcraft, the employees work hard and it shows in the finished project of when an aircraft maintenance is complete
Pros
Cons
HR needs to stay out employees business
Well managed company that treats their employees well. Co-workers are great people, very professional. Great schedule with most weekends and holidays off.
Good people make it easy to work even in the harshest conditions. Always busy and well organized. Schedule is hard, rotating shirft structured.
Pros
happypeople
Cons
very few happy people
Too bad things started going downhill after KF lost the Purolator and Canada Post contract. Their sales team seems inexperienced and unable to secure any contracts.
good company to work for. still in the growing stages but treats people very well. highly recommend this company to anyone
Typical day at work would be calibration and aircraft batteries, Learned lots through this company. Management was good to me. Loved my co-workers, Hardest part was nothing really. I love to learn and work hard. Coming to work with good people was the best part of this job and learning.
-Daily clock in, work station set up, track parts for each customer, order parts requisitions as required, put away parts as they come in, track customer parts, and maintain accurate lists of removals and installs.
-Customer service, keeping myself professional, yet still having fun, and having a good work ethic gets you far.

-There is a lot of movement in management right now, trying to ensure that there are no unnecessary costs throughout the business.

-Everyone knows everyone and what each one of those is capable of. This comes in handy when trying to get a particular task accomplished.

-Trying to tell a customer (Internal or external) No. It is easy to say the word, but to be able to say it in a way that they don't feel bad about what we just told them is a hard technique and skill to learn.

-Working with people, getting to make their day a little brighter every time that something is delivered on time.
Good people on the floor, but the managers were completely lost. A lot of rivalry between trades resulted in lost productivity. The company really took advantage of the Kelowna sunshine tax and had a take it or leave it kind of attitude.
Pros
free travel on company aircraft, good benefits
Cons
management was terrible
I'll do scheduled inspections to make sure the aircraft are in good flying condition,or what work I am doing to make sure that is up to the best of the stander of aviation.
Pros
love to learn
Cons
no work
This was my first engineering position for a 16 month co-op placement.
The company is a private MRO facility which does modifications, repairs, and overhaul on many aircraft including Boeing 727, 737, Convair 580, DHC-5, etc.

Very experienced in structural mods as well as avionics upgrades.

Great location in Kelowna, BC with a great work environment and great upper management.
while I worked for Flightcraft, there was too much office politics, no job security and too many employee - employee relations which lead to alot of drama and zero confidence within leaders.

alot of backstabbing and non truths. there is no "team" environment at all within Flightcraft. it's a look out for yourself and lets play the blame game instead of looking at the real troubles within.
Ask a question about working or interviewing at Kelowna Flightcraft Ltd. Our community is ready to answer.
2.6