Kelly Services Management reviews

Found 49 reviews matching the search See all 12,884 reviews
wish i can rate zero star! its that bad
Packer/Pallertizing/Sanitation and cleaning (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON29 January 2019
Only the pay is good everything else extremely bad. no job security, always looking for reason to layoff, if you are spanish or fillipino you might be lucky working there! poor job culture and very biased!
Pros
nothing
Cons
toxic management, working environment, fake John!
Good.
Contractor (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON17 May 2018
Good working environment, okay payment but lack vacation benefits. work advancement is good, you get a chance to learn new skills. overall good management just not good enough salary that matched the worker's skill.
Temporary work agency
Typing Clerk (Former Employee) –  Scarborough, ON26 January 2019
This agency had many opportunities for temporary suitable work. The assignment companies were also good to work with good pay.
Management was excellent even though I only worked for one company with this agency.
Pros
Good agency
Cons
nothing
Busy Data entry department
Material Flow Activity Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Saskatchewan6 July 2018
Fast past work environment, management is pretty much hands off, as the client does the day to day management. Culture is a real mix of people which is great for variety. Enjoyable times with training in new computer systems.
Poor company structure
IT/Customer Technical Difficulties (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON31 May 2018
A disorganized and desperate to be 'hip' corporate structure prevented this from being a great place to work. The lack of permanent desks/places to work in the office was frustrating. All it lacked was the bean bag chairs and you would think you were in San Fran in a start up.
Pros
Could work from home often
Cons
Management, culture
No Strategic approach, Over sold, under delivered
Account Executive (Former Employee) –  Halifax, NS9 August 2018
Poor management - no strategic approach.

Back office not well strained in recruitment

Would not match client needs with out temporary staff.
Kelly Services helpful and supportive
Clerical Assistant (Current Employee) –  Saskatoon, SK1 April 2018
The Kelly Services management and staff are very helpful and supportive but they do not control the culture of the company you are placed in.

This type of corporation was unfamiliar territory for me. I learned how to be a productive staff member, using the program to enter data for hundreds of North American warehouses. I process bills of lading, shipping, reconciling to reports I run and filing. I enjoy the work but the culture can be exclusionary and unwelcoming.
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Brantford, ON24 July 2018
Fast paced environment. Time management is essential. Enjoyed working with essential departments, good for detailed oriented person. Good organization skills
Great place to start your career
IT Specialist (Former Employee) –  Moscow9 May 2016
- I was responsible for 1st and 2nd line support. Typical phone, email, onsite support;
- I received extensive knowledge of providing IT support to business colleagues. Additionally, I participated in couple of IT projects, which were extremely interesting for me;
- Skillful and extreme professional management;
- Extremely talented and hard working team;
- The hardest part of the job - leave office in time;
- The most enjoyable part - IT projects.
Pros
Career oportunities
Cons
Smaller salary compared to competitors
Limited opportunities and advancement, Poor management
Temporary Agent (Former Employee) –  London, ON29 April 2018
-very limited contract work.
-No job security.
-No advancement due to buyout value too high.
-Manipulative and Poor management, many times incompetent.
Great
Purchasing Clerk / Office Clerk (Former Employee) –  Sussex, NB6 May 2018
start at 7 am answer requests, process orders and confirm delivery dates on all orders. go with the flow, accommodate management when needed, office environment. keeping up on busy days, having a great team to work with. not taking anything to heart
Pros
learning
Cons
not a permament position
Enjoyed working at kelly services.placement was everyday and management were very kind.
Housekeeping (Former Employee) –  Brantford, ON19 February 2018
Work day included being sent to different hotels with employees who have worked for them before..Learned very good skills about cleaning rooms properly and making beds properly..workers were very kind at helping teach me proper ways of cleaning.management were very professional in the treatment of their employees.hardest part of job was leaving old jobs behind and being sent to a new job the next day.most enjoyable was the people i met.
Pros
Lunch breaks free
Cons
Working in different city was hard
Colleagues are best part
Warehouse Associate (Former Employee) –  Vancouver, BC8 April 2018
The management is insensitive. There is no ability to go up the ladder and a constant turning over of employees. They will let employees go if they have to call in to work for personal reasons, without considering that employees are humans.
Amazing place to work
General Labourer (Former Employee) –  Brantford, ON11 January 2018
Was a very fast paced environment, where time management is key. The most enjoyable part was that the training was absolutely phenomenal, so when left to do a job on your own you could be completely confident that you know how to do it.
Recruitment Agency
Recruiting (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON8 September 2017
For a very large well established company the local management runs things their way and this has advantages and disadvantages.

Very slow to embrace new technology, still printing everything and keep paper copies of temp personnel information. Sending people more that 20 pages of documents via email to print and fill out to get them hired.
Pros
Very well respected in the industry, pay was good
Cons
Local management does what they want, too much of a free hand to run things how they see fit, favoritism is a big problem
Great people to work with
Electrician RAP Student (Former Employee) –  Fort Saskatchewan, AB5 January 2018
During time I worked for Kelly Services i had a great time and learn lots around site. Management was great and very personable. In the end I have no complaints about this company.
Productive and fun place to work.
Data Entry Temp. Work (Former Employee) –  Calgary,AB. Canada.30 October 2012
Have to be productive to lift boxes to do data entry. I learned how to read well Numbers and information. The management was very good and co-workers were helpfull too. Their wasn't any hard part on the job. The enjoyable part of the job was that my manager had condifance with my work that I will finish the work within the time frame. I was able to do so. I had achived my managers & I had the same goal.
Pros
helpfull staff to work with. i would love to get that kind of a job.
Cons
no long hours.
Meh
Assembly production, Welder (Former Employee) –  St. Catharines, ON2 March 2018
Was a crazy place to work.
a lot of drama
got shifts cut for nothing.
the hardest part was the assembly line cause buddy would have it going at crazy speeds.
fun workplace cause of all the candy
Candy packer (Former Employee) –  Hamilton, ON21 September 2017
it was fun but loud so hard to hear people and unles u had a strong stomach its kinda hard to breath cause all of the jelliton. the people were nice but there were some weirder people there u really didnt wanna be around i dont really like that much confrontation.
Pros
deals on candy
Cons
long hours hard to get to
no frills contracting company
Senior ID Administration Analyst (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON18 February 2015
I do not have much to say about Kelly Services. They got me my first IT job, but the pay was below standard and there were very few opportunities for advancement. Management was left to IBM and agents could be let go before their contract period expired, with contracts only being renewed annually. A typical day was just coming in, working as hard as we can and then going home at the end of our shift.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Kelly Services. Our community is ready to answer.

54.8K