Kelly Services

Working at Kelly Services: Employee Reviews

Canada425 reviews

Found 425 reviews matching the searchSee all 16,879 reviews
placementtempagencyassignmentpermanentservicetemporarycontract

Temp position at a local manufacturer

I was shocked to learn that there wasn't even an annual cost of living adjustment. Hired as a temp for 3-6 months and it stretched into 3 1/2 years with NO increase at all. Doing a great job made no difference.

Pros

Flexible time off options

Cons

No advancement or security

Production Specialist

I work for Elton Manufacturing and started as a Production Specialist. The work I did was not the great if pay but the environment I worked in made up for that. I am still working for Elton Manufacturing as a full time employee of the Customer Service department.

Pros

Great work environment

Cons

Pay for work.

Helped me find a good paying job

Kelly Services is great with helping individuals land an easy job. Initially had complications with an employee assisting me, they might've went on vacation and did not get back to me regarding a job. However, I called two weeks later and another employee got me the same job that day. All in all, great experience here. Unfortunately, this is an employment agency, so they're not in control of employers cutting shifts, etc.

My views on Kelly Connect

I have found that they don't understand accommodations for people who have a learning impairment. Even though they are an American company and want to operate in Canada they should be mandated to provide the accommodations under the AODA and ODA act in Canada and Ontario for people who have a disability. This company isn't the greatest and just want people to watch videos all the time and not enough practical experience.

Pros

Having an IMAC to use at home to do the work

Cons

No experience understanding accommodations for people who have a learning impairement.

High stress, mediocre management, flexible hours, below market pay, no benefits - Good temp job

The job was good before and during Covid but afterwards the call volume was way too intense for typical work hours. We do professional over-the-phone interpreting for clients in many industries that deal with people's lives and livelihood and yet the company really underpays us for our services. We are promised pay increase after working enough accumulated hours, but unless you actively reach out multiple times and track your own hours, the pay increase will never come. Management barely consults you individually for anything. You also get random nonsense policies that really stress out workers for absolutely no benefits. Yes, there aren't any benefits except free counselling because they know the job is stressful.Aside from that, the paid training was nice and thorough - really helps you prepare for the job. The library is a good addition but could be more comprehensive and up-to-date. You also get to choose your own hours depending on the availability they offer.Overall, good for short term employment because you feel rewarding helping people, but stay too long and you become numb. There are minimal advancement opportunities and it isn't worth it in the long run.

Pros

Flexible Scheduling, Paid Training, Educational

Cons

High Work Load, Low pay, Poor Communication from Management, Stressful Environment

Empty promises and rude coworkers

After the interview I felt very confident about the job and the company. It seemed very laid back, growth focused and easy to learn! In my interview I mentioned that I had an upcoming vacation that I had already booked and was promised my vacation but once I started working, I was denied the vacation. In my interview, it was said that within 3 months, I would get a promotion with a raise. At 2 months I was given the promotion but it did not come with a raise. Even more lies from the recruiter/interviewer. You frequently have to ask Senior Advisors for help with problems but you’ll dread doing so as they will talk back to you, be rude, and generally won’t be helpful or take over the calls even when rules state they need to. You’ll be told by supervisors that you can give peer feedback to rude Senior Advisors, but it doesn’t make a difference when most of them are rude. Shortly after my promotion, I resigned, only to be terminated effective immediately rather than work until my resignation date.

Pros

Work from home

Cons

Longer than 8hr shifts

Fun Job, terrible management and admin team

The job itself is fun. Can be stressful at time, but you would also get really funny or interesting calls. Flexible hours, low requirements, remote, payrate not the best, but not that bad either.Everything else is terrible. Very condescending management, poor communication between the employees and management, amateurish talent advisors who only bring more stress to the employees.

They feed on your corpse

Absolutely incapable management trying their best to squeeze every single buck from your pay. Deducting 1 minute from your timesheet? Yes. Block you from working without notice? Yes.Toxic admins doing announcements without any sort of communication? Yes.A job relevant to people's lives and getting lower pay than fast food chain workers? YES.

Pros

work from home, flexible leaves and hours

Cons

everything else

Stressful but rewarding

It is a sedentary job and low paid as well, but you get to learn a lot about the interpreting and have access to the LLS language database. This position requires a lot of patience.

Pros

remote

Cons

low pay, high stress

The job might fit for some but for some might not fit , it depends on the employee personality type

If you love working at home the whole 8 hours receiving call every seconds and talking to different people with different emotions, the job will fit you. You will mostly receive call for issues, if you love troubleshooting and the caller is patient and understandable, the job is fine

Pros

Work from home

Cons

Receiving continuous call here and there, working on weekend and late hours

Not too bad

has no benefit at all, overall, stable working hours, easy job, just interpreting what clients and customer said. sometimes it can be hard, but overall, its good to try

Good for work-life balance

If you're a new interpreter, you might find it quite intense and difficult at first. However, most content are covered during the 3-weeks training period so it will get easier.Break time is unpaid and tight, so there is limited time to eat lunch if you work full time.Pay is very low compared to the level of proficiency required to perform tasks.Nevertheless, you can work at home, manage your shift hours so I would say it is good for people who need the extra cash but have limited time to work every day.

no security and Management

Oh, dear! This company is a joke. If you are ok with waking up in the morning and your pin is blocked for no reason by the admin team, then they have a job for you. If you are a language interpreter, then expect to accept calls from different dialects or even different languages, and when you have to transfer the calls because you simply don't understand what is being said, then they block your pin and call it " suspicious behaviour." Also, some of the talent advisors and the admin barely speak English. I could barely understand my recruiter, to be honest. You get no benefits at all. Just the base pay. They cut your hours if you are unavailable for even 2 mins. The admin teams are very disorganized and all over the place. The good side of this job is that you get to chat with other interpreters and also work from home.

Flexible

Flexible shifts, shifts are in PST. Some calls get a bit stressful - but thats the nature of job. Mostly you are on your own, and have to watch out for yourself out there. The calls are from clients (& client is always right), fast paced and need to have good ear-hand coordination (for note taking). A little compassion and patience gors lomg way.

Quite stressful and bit low paid job

Compared to other interpreting companies, the hourly wage is quite low. Work is quite stressful, clients can be quite rude, many connections and sound quality issues. The only good thing is that you can work from home and relatively flexible schedule. It is nearly impossible to work full-time because it is incredibly stressful. I would encourage you to work as a part-time job.

Pros

Work at home (saves gas and time)

Cons

stressful back to back calls, no time for bathroom break, low hourly pay

Labour job with low pay

High call volumes on workdays, calls are often back to back, so it's very stressful. A lot of the times you don't even have time to go to the bathroom. They require you to work full time, and there's no flexibility (very hard to change schedule). They charge their clients 237USD an hour for an audio call but only pay their employees ~5% of the profit. Plus there're no benefits, paid leave, career advancement, etc. The high turnover rate also says something about this job.

They will bleed you dry at dirt pay, no HR, no management, no hope

As I said previously, they prey on those who think that their work will help others through interpretation. They'll claim to they are there to help and make a difference, but they know that once you are in you will essentially work non-stop for extremely little pay. They also make sure employees do not contact each other so that conversations do not evolve regarding the horrible lack of HR, pay raises, and lack of true managerial support. For a select few, they offer to pay them a dollar more an hour to be "supervisor/recruiters", giving them the illusion of power and thereby creating an almost gestapo type of atmosphere of "snitches" that insert themselves in whatsApp group chats of those employees that actually managed to find each other to discuss working conditions. It's no coincidence that grievances discussed in these group chats magically appear as warnings on the employee platform (where you are also discouraged to express any opinion because it is not "professional"). These "supervisors" that get paid that extra dollar an hour tend to promote the "if you don't like it you can leave" mindset because "we are getting many more new interpreters". It's you that have the problem if there's an issue. A great corporate example of gaslighting. So yes, they portray themselves as a progressive company (with a $100 lottery for a couple of random devoted employees, just be "adherent" and you're set!), but on the inside they slowly push the narrative that you are disposable and are fortunate to work for them. Besides, there is always a new wave of potential interpreters -

Pros

Illusion of Helping Others through Interpreting

Cons

Their knowledge that they are exploiting their people, therefore treating you poorly as they will hire a new wave of unaware employees

Easy to work for

I was worked for a third party through Kelly. Everything was smooth on my end, payment was prompt and any discrepancies were dealt with easily. I would allow them to represent me again.

Very Unprofessional

They sell you on a job, then the contract says something completely different. Then they lie both to you and the employer to try to manipulate you into signing. That was the reason I decided to move on

Supportive!

Never had any issues while I was a contractor with them. they payroll was always on time, they had open communication, a bit hard to get a hold of because HR with a busy lady but always got back to me. They are always very supportive to their employees career goals.

"Okay"

A decent place to start, can improve. The pay is basic. Advancement opportunities are there but it might take a while. Management is okay and can improve

Pros

work is not hard

Cons

Long hours and monotonous work.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Kelly Services. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

3.1 out of 5 stars for Job security/advancement