Keilhauer Employee Reviews

Productive and Organized place to work
Part Picker (Former Employee) –  Scarborough, ON23 May 2018
A typical day at work would consist of going to my supervisor to pick up a pick list of the parts that needed to be picked for the day. I would ensure that all the parts for each chair is located and put together for the production line. The office chairs would then be ready to be assembled there. I would also have to communicate with fellow workers about any damaged parts and then write up a report for any damaged parts. I learned how to communicate with fellow workers professionally. Keilhauer's management was flawless. The supervisors did their jobs well, and everything fell under the proper hierarchy. The hardest part of the job was working in the factory during the summer when it was really hot, as certain parts of the factory were really hot. The most enjoyable part of the job was the great people that worked for Keilhauer. Some of the kindest and helpful people I've ever met.
Very good work/life balance
Purchasing Agent (Former Employee) –  Scarborough, ON2 October 2017
The company looks after its employees when it comes to perks,bonuses etc. Based on it being a family owned/run company, there is a focus on a good work/life balance that allows you to enjoy life outside of work.
Pros
Work/life balance
Cons
No room for advancement
Great Place to work
Sewer (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON17 April 2017
Friendly Staff. Good job culture. Manager is very understanding. The trainer was very good. Good bonuses and all......................................
Productive and Energetic
Packager (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON5 November 2015
Waking up early was the only downside to this job. This is a more labour related job so there is lifting which isn't too bad. Overall the atmosphere is great and you are quickly welcomed by other employees.
Pros
breaks, people
Cons
labour work, early shifts
Productive/Family Oriented Manufacturer
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Scarborough, Ontario29 June 2015
Customer Service. Friendly Warm atmosphere. Learned quite a bit of the manufacturing industry. Factory was on premises and learned hands on start to finish manufacturing furniture.
Co-Workers were fantastic.
I was temporary assistant Manager in Customer Service which was exciting and a great learning process.
Hardest part of the job was the drive and traffic.
Pros
Family Oriented Company
Cons
Drive/Distance
Family Focused Company
Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON3 June 2015
Great work life/home life balance. Fun environment to work in. Everybody is considered family and respected. President is very personable.
Awesome quarterly parties
Senior Executive Assistant & Office Manager (Former Employee) –  Scarborough, ON19 February 2014
The thing I enjoyed most about working here was the quarterly parties. I especially enjoyed that it was my responsibility to organize them, from catering to awards, to presentation, to the ice cream truck at the summer BBQ. It was a great way to show appreciation for employees, recognize employees who had reached career tenure milestones, as well as provided an update on the companies previous quarter and learn about what is coming in the next quarter.
Pros
Quarterly Parties
Cons
Too much restructuring created job losses and insecurities throughout
Rewarding!
Project Manager/Account Manager (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON13 November 2013
I enjoyed my time at Keilhauer as I was able to advance quickly within the organization.

Management is great and the President is an incredible and respected leader in the Furniture Industry.

I'm blessed to have been an integral part of the company for 7+ years, allowing me to maximize my growth within the organization.
Pros
Staff
Cons
No more opportunities for growth
Good Company
Assembly (Former Employee) –  Scarborough1 May 2013
Excellent company to work for, great people great, work place, nice company.
Pros
Quarterly parites with free lunch
Cons
Sometimes long hours