KeHE Distributors
Here to help
Coronavirus update
Information from KeHE Distributors:

KeHE Distributors Employee Reviews

This is a very autonomous job with limited interaction with superiors unless something goes wrong. You have to have excellent self-control or else it is extremely easy to slack off. There are no set start or end times, just recommendations to keep certain stores happy, and because of this your earning potential is truly based on how many stores you can stock each day. But the risk of that is, you may easily get assigned more stores than you can handle in one day if you show you are very fast at stocking. It is an extremely physical job. In the year of working I lost 150 lbs just because of how physical this job is. If you are not in at least a little shape, it will either benefit you or cause serious injury, lol. You have to drive A LOT. Some stores may be an hour away from your home or first store, not factoring in traffic. My direct supervisor was awesome, but very hard to get ahold of at times due to the massive amounts of coverage he had to oversee. I actually hate leaving this job just because my coworkers and my boss were so awesome, but being a single mom, this is not the job for me. I would totally recommend this to someone looking for something to do before they move on to something better.
Pros
Make your own hours, okay pay, easy to move up, free weight loss, great people.
Cons
Communication, some weeks might be slow, injury risk, wear and tear on personal vehicle, high risk of being worked to death.
I like working at KeHe. Its tough sometimes but we do have understanding Management. Nice healthcare and many employee perks. Growth within the company is good if you can show it.
They offer many mandatory overtime opportunities everyday and everyone has Saturday off. I believe the starting pay rate is 15/hr but may vary depending on location. There is a dry, cooler, and freezer part of the job. If you work in the dry, sometimes it is mandatory to pick items in the cooler. If you work in the cooler you have to work in the freezer as well. Working in the cooler is a dollar more than the dry pay rate. The freezer I think they pay 1.00 more than the cooler.
Pros
Overtime and double time opportunities
Cons
Work life balnace
The company itself is good. They do a lot for the community and to make KeHE a good company to work for. The only thing is, your satisfaction depends on the team. There are teams where the managers are awesome and understanding and want to help you learn. Then there are other managers who micromanage and have no problems being mean, and if they don’t like you they’ll drop you the first chance they get without any pushback from the company.
Pros
Free snacks in break room
Cons
Mean management
So far so good just started so we will see more. I just started a few weeks ago but I like it here. Management is management but all in all long hours are to be expected
Pros
Pay
Cons
Hours
Roller coaster ride high turnover from employees and management. Work until the work is done not to much other of a choice.. Will get burnt really quickly
Pros
A paycheck
Cons
Healthcare
Just started working here last week and the pay and benefits are great. Training has gone well but these reviews are really making me scared of what's to come. Will review again.
Long hours to make the money but it's worth it. It's primarily city driving so don't bother if you're not skilled. Management seems to care and has an open door policy.
terrible managers only care about certain people they try and tell you your not working when you are lots of favoritism within certain people get away with stuff
Currently nothing is easy in today’s world!!
It is very difficult to maintain a work life balance. Goals are very achievable but guidelines and expectations are sometimes unreachable.

The modern work force is “horrible” at best, everyday someone wants something extra for just doing what the were hired to do!

KeHE is a great company and the management is top of the class!

Don’t be sucked in to the comments of the lazy / entailed people of the world, they just want something for nothing

Great place to work and grow

Pros
Doing great things for community, charities and employees
Cons
Work life balance
Worked there as an order selector but ultimately couldn't deal with the LONG hours.

Kehe is not a bad place to work, and you can actually make some good money there but just know that it will come at the expense of your work/life balance. What I mean, by that is, you won't have any...

Don't buy into the 4/10 work schedule that they say you'll get because it's one of the main reasons why I decided to accept the job offer but that's NOT the case at all. Kiss your home life goodbye because you WILL be working at least 14-16 hr days, so, if you don't like a LOT (and I do mean a LOT) of overtime (which is mandatory), then this is NOT the job for you.

If you are willing to put in the time, then the job itself isn't too difficult. It's physical warehouse/DC work but that's to be expected. You pick cases, Scan barcodes with RF scanner, wrap the pallet, and drop it off at the staging area. Tedious, but the workload does make the day go by faster. The trainers I had were very good and all of the vets there were extremely helpful to all of the new trainees (including myself), so, I have nothing negative to say about the people I worked with or the work experience itself.

Be warned: You will WORK A LOT OF HOURS at Kehe, so, be ready for it if you decide to sign up...

Pros
starting salary, training, incentives
Cons
mandatory OT, no work/life balance
I loved working at KeHE. It was a great opportunity to take my previous Grocery experience to help me advance into a Merchandiser and Field Sales Representative. They notice you if you have a great work ethic and dedication to the company. The only downside was when we lost our main account most of us got laid off. I was willing to re-locate out of state to further my career and they were very supportive.
Pros
Good money, good management, great benefits
Cons
A lot of driving
Horrible job, huge turnover (revolving door of people coming and going), backbreaking, unpredictable schedule sometimes16-18 hr days because nobody shows up regularly. The warehouse layout is horrible, way too narrow aisles , way too much traveling, nobody pulls to the standard. It’s a job nobody wants to do that’s why they have huge turnover, truly a miserable place to be.
Need better management
People was always fighting at this job

Getting hurt Racist management

So simple minded people I just couldn’t do it anymore.

Some people spent 20 years with this company and still got nowhere in life 🤷🏽‍♂️
Worked with my schedule and paid well very respectful was always able to work on my own and fast-paced environment are what I like. You will thoroughly enjoy working here if you are a hard worker
The pay is decent for the job, they do offer incentive. The faster you go the more money you can make. Other than that, terrible place to work. They will work you til you physically & mentally can’t take it anymore. Management comes off nice but in reality they only care about the job getting done and not about you or how long you have been working.
Pros
Decent pay
Cons
Unbearable hours & sketchy management
This place is a joke. Unorganized, they mis code your pay to coerce their employees to keep their jobs or pressure them into quitting. Employees drink in the parking lot. Supervisors a lazy and mostly incompetent. The only employees who actually get incentive pay are the pickers. The place is a mess and easily the most unorganized place I've ever worked.
Pros
Cons
Their existence
Expect to work lots of hours. They say it’s a 4/10 schedule. Be prepared to work 14+ hours a day. And then the mandate you to work one of your days off. Also be prepared to do a lot of cleaning. They don’t have a cleaning crew so after 15 hours of picking expect to do another 2+ hours of cleaning. Worst part is half of the mess you’re cleaning up isn’t made by you or the other selectors. They preach incentives but it’s nearly impossible to hit over 100% with the malfunctioning equipment they have. My advice is tough it out and sign a bid to get out of picking and into another department. Or find something else altogether.
Pros
Benefits.
Cons
Management. Hours. Culture.
Its really a fun place to work and if you like working overtime you'll get a lot of that there. The pay is kind of reasonable but I wish management would look into it and review it.
There is talk about being a "family", yeah right. Maybe a dysfunctional one. A go nowhere job, unless you like kissing butt and sucking up. You can move up, but not based on your hard work and knowledge, it depends how much butt your willing to kiss. They say they care, but only care about numbers. Favoritism. Lots of it. A place where even if you are violently ill, you will be targeted and feel forced out and emotionally pushed to an emotional and physical break down. A job you can kiss butt in and get higher positions. Other than that, unless you are desperate, it is a bad place to work.
Pros
It's a job.
Cons
Management sucks. HR is horrible, very rude and obnoxious.
They lie about pay. You’ll start out at $17/hr and every 30days they lower your pay $1 until you which $14 which is the ACTUAL pay. And no matter who many hours your work or quota “” goals you meet, they will NEVER pay you $17/hr 😒 So yeah... managers are horrible and lie to your face about anything and everything and the head managers and HR are no better. Their turnover rate is over 65%... That should tell you EVERYTHING.
Pros
There are none.. Oh wait, the first 30 days you get $17/hr first and last time
Cons
EVERYTHING. Work over 100+hr weekly, for $400 checks