Keen on Green Disposal & Recycling

Keen on Green Disposal & Recycling Employee Reviews

Fun work culture, great co-workers and a great boss

I worked at Keen on Green for 6 months after being furloughed from my job in aviation due to the pandemic. It’s a great place to work! Wilson, the owner is a great boss! Super flexible, great training and fun team building activities outside of work. If you enjoy staying active, finding cool things, enjoy working outdoors and being part of a great team this position would be a great fit! Thanks Keen on Green for the great time!

Pros

Stay physically fit, great team, flexible, great boss, activities

Get paid to be at the gym!

Great place to work for, its not just a company, its a network of great teammates & family. You will be looked after well here. Every day is different & you learn something new. The hours fly in as you're rolling around in the truck, huckin junk & of course stopping for an obligatory timmys mid-day.The job is only as good as your team and environment are & I can only say positive things about the time Ive worked for Keen on Green - which is just under a year now :) They strive to keep a good culture of the team which means every team mate is great to work with & you are supported in your goals outside of work too!

Pros

Great benefits, good team, good culture

Cons

Longer hours during peak season, not a problem if youre looking to earn that $$$

At the owners mercy

Be careful. Owner will hold cheques hostage or ask you to drive loads way over legal limit. Owner will not inform drivers of any schedule changes until last minute, then will blame drivers.

Official response from Keen on Green Disposal & Recycling

10 February 2020
Thank you for the feedback. We are sorry to hear that your experience working at Keen on Green was not a positive one. We will work to do better. We highly value all of our employees and take pride in having really great ones.We would like to clarify that cheques are always paid out within the allotted 6 days given per employment law after an employee resigns - allowing us to process the resignation/payroll/ROE and collect any truck keys or items (https://www2.gov.bc.ca/gov/content/employment-business/employment-standards-advice/employment-standards/termination). Again, we sincerely appreciate the feedback. Feel free to e-mail us any suggestions you might have for bettering the employee experience at Keen on Green. All the best,Keen on Green

Great People, Exciting Work, and Great Cause!

I've been lucky to work for Keen on Green for the past two years in an assistant/administrative capacity. So far it has been a great employer to work with. I love the flexibility and I really love my co-workers/management. For those that like the idea of working for a smaller and local employer this is a great place to work. You have the opportunity to try your hand at a bunch of different things, you get lots of face time with management and you get a chance to make a difference in the day-to-day growth and operations. The workplace culture here is also top-notch. To date, I've had the opportunity to fight pirates, golf, watch the Canucks, and enjoy time with co-workers at an annual summer BBQ. Overall, great experience to date - highly recommend.

Good company to work for!

If you like labour work and you like working with young well spirited people this is a great company to work for. You get to interact with customers and drive around all day. They make an effort to treat you like part of the family and you get to do fun team events. Hardest part is the physical part but someone who is in good shape will have no problems.

Great team to work with

Working for KeenOnGreen was always diverse as each day could bring a variety of jobs from picking up a single mattress from a residential customer to cleaning up an entire construction site. I enjoyed serving a range of customers and the problem solving that comes from traffic, route finding, scheduling etc. And all that with a team that makes work quite fun!

Overall a great experience. Loved everyone who worked there

Good job, I didn't work the longest but had a great time there. Customer were polite more often then not. Co workers were great people. With the job being physical got stronger more so that was a bonus, also the driving provides a nice down time in between job location.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Keen on Green Disposal & Recycling. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

4.3