Keen Footwear Employee Reviews

You want to work here!
Employee (Current Employee) –  Shepherdsville, KY10 September 2018
There are not enough good things to say about this company. The people are awesome and feel like family. We pay next to nothing for benefits and every employee gets to participate in the bonus and profit sharing. Also, we get a ton of free shoes. :)
Pros
Bonuses for all employees, profit sharing, free shoes, almost free benefits
An absolutely wonderful company to be a part of.
Partner Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Portland, OR28 June 2018
KEEN Foootwear is one of the absolute best employers I have had in my working career. As a part-time employee, my position at KEEN afforded me the opportunity to attend college full-time and achieve my degree. Through working at KEEN, I have learned the ins and outs of the SAP ordering system, a program vital in within the retail footwear industry. While learning this system presented its fair share of challenges, utilizing SAP daily has given my an invaluable resource that I can take to other footwear companies, should I decide to change employers. The workplace culture at KEEN is exemplary, as employees and management encourage community outreach and participation. The working environment at KEEN Footwear is absolutely fantastic.
Pros
Excellent work/life balance.
Cons
None.
All Surface
Color Designer and Trend Specialist (Former Employee) –  Portland9 January 2018
KEEN sounded like a cool company and they market themselves well, but the owner of the company is overly involved and has had a revolving door of upper management, and treated employees poorly. The company had a habit of laying off people every year around bonuses so they wouldn't have to pay those employees a bonus.
Pros
Bagel Friday
Cons
Unqualified Management
KEEN is all about the community
West Sales Manager (Former Employee) –  Portland, OR22 November 2017
KEEN HQ was a very relaxed atmosphere but we worked extremely hard. I was on the sales team, but worked closely with product and marketing, so I learned a lot of other skills. You work on very long lead times so forecasting is critical and you need to stay on top of planning.
Pros
KEEN expected you to have Life Balance, which was very unique
Cons
Not enough female executives at the time
Poor management and shady HR practices
Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Portland, OR14 November 2017
This place has a revolving door. Management is poor and bad behavior is allowed as long as you're in power.

Diversity is a major problem and they've recently hired a few token employees but no one at a mid or senior management level. Management is a boys club of yes men.

There were also multiple formal complaints filed against the male HR manager but he was there for years before he found a different job. Awful work environment and most find it too stressful if they really care about their jobs.
Pros
Employee cafe, nice coworkers, childcare, facilities, fun culture
Cons
Poor management and the nasty undercurrent that comes with that
Fair
Temp Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Portland, OR12 April 2017
 Handle calls ranging from 40-80 per day
 Assist customers with product inquires, placing orders, issuing returns
 Resolved customer inquiries through phones, email and live chat
 Made product recommendations based on customer needs
Positive work environment with a fun atmosphere and caring individuals
Sample Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Portland, OR6 January 2017
KEEN has been a wonderful introduction into the footwear industry. This is truly a family owned business, that cares about their employees. KEEN's unique style of innovation and knowing how to create the work life balance is wonderful.
A great company over all to be a part of.
Warehouse Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Portland, OR16 March 2015
Keen Footwear is a huge asset to the Portland community and to the environment. They strive to make the ultimate footwear and customer experience day by day.
Pros
Free weekly lunch, free seasonal shoes and clothes.
Company is too new
FRONT DESK RECEPTIONIST (Former Employee) –  Portland, OR12 March 2015
I would not work recommend working for KEEN. No diversity and not enough understand of the home/work life balance. Finally was feed up with having to choose between work and family so I quit. Management was awful and company didn't have an updated policy/procedural book when I worked there. Policy book was lasted updated in 2011. I had worked for the company a little over a year. Rules were made up as you went along. So, if you are reprimanded for something and it wasn't in the policy book than the would become the NEW policy. Hated every minute I worked there.