KBRwyle Employee Reviews

Its A Job
Electronics Technician (Current Employee) –  Fort Bragg, NC12 June 2018
Get paid every two weeks. Able to get many thing accomplished while on the clock, find ground faults and shorts. Get federal holidays off and paid vacation.
SME II/Technical Writer (Former Employee) –  Lexington Park, MD1 June 2018
Fun, relaxed, motivated to try my best. This was a great place to work. The management was great, and they did their best to try to keep the team atmosphere alive.
Pros
Experience
productive stress free work environment
Metrology Technician (Current Employee) –  Olathe, KS31 May 2018
stress free and productive place to work. Always looking to grow and get more work. Flexible work hours is the best part of the job. Management isn't standing over you while you work.
Fast paced and individual work environment
Heavy Equipment Mechanic (Current Employee) –  Jacksonville, FL17 May 2018
Most of the year there is opportunity to make more money than normal. There is plenty of traveling involved which can be both satisfying and stressful. Job knowledge is a must and working alone is encouraged.
Relaxed but can be intense
Field Service Engineer/17M Aerostat Operator (Current Employee) –  Rio Grande City, TX15 May 2018
I work on a Homeland Security/Border Patrol contract so there isn't much I can describe about my job considering it requires a clearance. However, the atmosphere is relaxed but can be fast paced at times. I would never call my job stressful though.
Pros
Compensation, Flexibility, Paid Days off
Cons
7 day workweeks, 12 hour days
unsatisfactory
Product Manager (Current Employee) –  Canberra Australua15 May 2018
KbRWyle is a poor choice for an employee. Management is disengaged and focuses on initiatives like Zero harm rather than the customer and employee satisfaction. Staff are not listened too and anyone with an opinion that is not aligned with mgmt will be pusged aside and may be terminated. This is not a safe environment for Contractors.
Pros
Feels good on Day1
Cons
every other day is worse
What a joke
Order Picker (Former Employee) –  Anniston, AL12 May 2018
Everyone is on there cell phones all day or talking to each other or about other people and they wonder why things are messed up. The lack of integrity and motivation is horrible.
Very professional environment
Executive Administrative Assistant (Current Employee) –  El Segundo, CA9 May 2018
KBRwyle has been the place to work. They have allowed me to work independently as well as in a group environment.
I have meant very professional and friendly people and I would love to come to work.
Pros
Stability
Cons
Moving company
Great company
Associate Engineer (Current Employee) –  La Plata, MD9 May 2018
KBRwyle has many opportunities, and is great company to work for. They offer great benefits and pay package. They also offer positions conus and oconus.
Science & Technology Advisor
Science and Technology Advisor/Program Manager (Former Employee) –  Arlington, VA18 April 2018
This was a SETA job, working at the US Army G-38, Pentagon. Worked in direct support of the Division head on various Improvised Explosive Defeat (IED) technologies. Worked on various classified projects, including Intelligence Community related. Also worked in support of CENTCOM related projects.
Just a number.
Equipment Maintenance Manager (Former Employee) –  Malatya16 April 2018
Never fool yourself about working for KBR of SEII, you are and number and nothing more. Everything that is done is for there benefit not yours and will not stand behind you when you need it. There HR department is not there to help you but to make sure the company is covered, as in putting their shear holders above and first without regard to those putting themselves in a dangers job to make them their money.

If you work for KBR or SEII your loyalty to them is not needed because they have none for you. Make you money and then just leave.
Pros
Bottom of the barrel of contract company, easiest to start your contracting career.
Cons
No support, no loyalty, no raises.
EPA office in Atlanta
Sr. Telecom Specialist (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GA13 April 2018
Office environment. I was the PBX Admin which was great. Would recommend working there to anyone. Learn alot about political life and life around the politicians.
Productive and Fast paced
Quality Manager (Former Employee) –  Iraq9 April 2018
Conduct audits on 81 various services contracted to the Military.

Review and manage all sites across Iraq and communicate to stakeholders the results of the audits.

Maintain the audit teams morale and managing the rotation of auditors.

Conduct weekly management review meetings.

Participate and lead the Corrective Action and Preventive review boards.
Pros
Money was good and learning all sorts of services
Cons
Hours and isolation of living conditions.
A great place to work
Operations - Master Scheduler (Current Employee) –  Goose Creek, SC8 April 2018
I enjoy my job and am grateful for the positive work environment that I spend so much time in. We work 4 10 hour days although I'm an exempt employee (salary) so my day is a little more flexible which greatly helps with my work life balance.
Pros
New projects all the time, constant learning
Cons
Benefits for hourly employees are expensive
Good place to start in government contract work, but do not stay too long.
Electrical Engineer (Former Employee) –  Midwest City, OK7 April 2018
Work varies from incredibly slow to impossibly fast to meet deadlines. People get pigeonholed into working for their customers and are not allowed to change to different projects. This results in not being able to perform to the best needs of self or customer.. The purchase by KBR is changing the culture. You are just a warm body that generates income for the company. Small, infrequent raises, low scale benefits, and no paths to promotion are the norm. KBR's non-disclosure, non-compete agreement makes you an intellectual slave to the company. Any idea you have, even if not related to the company, belongs to the company. Creative intellectuals should steer clear. Engineers are assigned to Program managers (PM) who range from competent and helpful, to indifferent and uncaring, to tyrannical meddlers who want to hijack your project. Your PM can make your job a pleasure or drudgery.
Pros
Friendly co-workers.
Cons
Low pay, mediocre benefits, small infrequent raises, no chance for promotion, little job growth.
Working at KBRWyle
Sr. Logistics Specialist (Current Employee) –  Lexington Park, MD6 April 2018
A typical day at work is doing your job well with little supervision. Being able to know what to do everyday, without being told what needs to be done. Keeping your customers informed while working with them to complete projects.
Pros
Working well as a team or individually.
Cons
Can get hectic work wise and being able to keep up the pace.
Very relax atmosphere to work
Equipment Specialist (Current Employee) –  San Diego, CA30 March 2018
My experience thus far has been outstanding, my supervisor has been involved with our tasking from the start and is well engaged. Working for this company has been a good experience, Its overall culture with government as well with civil contracts has been outstanding.
Wyle
PBX Operator/Receptionist (Former Employee) –  Huntsville, AL17 March 2018
* interacting with engineers
* copy disks
* all but the personal was great.
* friendly and supportive
* keeping my mouth shut, while I was being blamed for something I did not do.
* meeting new people from around the world
Pros
Meeting new people
Cons
Doing personal work due to they did not like doing the work but took the credit
Salary
Shipboard Ordanace Mechanic (Current Employee) –  Jacksonville, FL10 March 2018
The company does not pay enough. And the time off is not enough. You spend more time away from youre family. Its not worth it in the long run. Stay away from Shipboard.
Productive and Fun Place to Work
Configuration Management / Requirements Engineer (Current Employee) –  Bellevue, NE6 March 2018
Government Contractor support major command systems development and delivery. Provided the organization with Configuration Management Engineering expertise as well as Requirement Engineering processes.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at KBRwyle. Our community is ready to answer.