Kays Wholesale Inc.

Kays Wholesale Inc. Employee Reviews

They expect everything and can't handle mistakes and there is no confidentiality , The way they ridicule you in front of customers and other staff is embarrassing
No complaints about working at Kays Wholesale, great ownership, great team, and fair pay. Depending on the job the labor can get busy. Summers are a lot busier but the hours are fair!
I enjoyed work at Kays Wholesale. It is busy but it makes the days go by quickly. Very friendly customers and employees who work together to make sure things get done. The reviews on here disappoint me because I know they are not true and it is sad that disgruntled employees would leave such harsh reviews. It is a family run business and overall a great place to work. Would recommend to anyone who wants to earn an honest paycheque and become part of a great team.
Nothing good to say. Over worked, disorganized, back stabbing. Seek other opportunities you would be treated better anyplace other than this FAMILY RUN business!!!
Pros
Cons
Too many to list
Poorly organized. Very poor morale. Training is inadequate or nonexistent and communication from/ with management is poor beyond imagining. An all around unpleasant environment, which reeks of a "trust no one" mindset, and rightly so. There is no team and no camaraderie - just a group of people (many of whom I believe would thrive in a better environment) suffering through the days for a paycheque. I was advised in early December that my particular role was being eliminated - to be effective five days prior to Christmas - as "things would be slow," and then immediately noticed the position advertised as a low wage "Internship" the following week and marked as "Urgent." That's what you're dealing with here. I am doubtful there will be improvement, as I saw no attempt from management to recognize their failings and make any sincere effort to improve conditions, to place value on employees, or to utilize their strengths. It appears the easier solution is to classify employees as "crazy, "disgruntled," etc. and to keep cycling them through. I would not in good conscience recommend this employer.
always moving , shipping and receiving orders, neatly organize products in the store. 9-5 shifts. everyone was friendly, got the opportunities to make new friends and traveled to other places in the province.
This employer is one of the most unpracticed, unsafe, unguaranteed, demotivational, unreliable, severely low employee morale workplaces I have ever worked in my entire life. I was hired as a professional to be an assistant to the CEO and work in office related support, communications and customer support. I received very little training and was actually told I had the very lucky opportunity to be trained whatsoever as I ended up taking over for a different person (in marketing, which is also completely not the job I was hired to do either). All employees had struggles with the CEO and owner as she does not listen and support her employees. There is little to no training or guidance. Focus on fast paced nature is good for customer service but very poor in supporting your back end and employee community. This workplace is literally by the skin of its teeth avoiding what could possibly be a severe workplace injury or accident due to the super hurried nature and not focused enough on individual concerns and safety and security for employees. Ultimately, this is a wholesale warehouse, which I do identify is important for all employees to be well versed in the business practices in all areas. However, putting an untrained office professional in the extreme physical demands of the warehouse without any sort of guidance or safety equipment, or information on how to handle matters such as quality and efficiency when this is clearly not demonstrated by other employees due to no fault of their own, but because this workplace has a "figure it out yourself" environment, which when left to - more...
Do these reviews help you learn more about working at Kays Wholesale Inc.?