Kaycan Employee Reviews

Terrible place to work
Employee (Current Employee) –  Montréal, QC29 November 2018
Stay away from this company. It is poison and they turn against you quickly. They get what they want out of you and then that’s it. Several employees leave due to the treatment there and trust me Kaycan’s commitments are only about making money and the heck with their employees.
Do not work here
useless (Former Employee) –  Scarborough, ON17 October 2018
greedy company, nothing ever done about raises... would rather hire joe blow off the street for higher position instead of employee promotion. don't bother
Pros
Cons
all kinds
People are fun too work with
Conducteur de chariot élévateur (Current Employee) –  Cowansville, QC6 June 2018
Start by preping the pigment needed for the day on each line , make sure everybody as what they need and just make the rotation of regrind bags. And finally scan de box's in the systeme
Pros
Every two days you get a day off
Cons
12 hours shift
Unprofessional and mismanaged
Office Administrator (Current Employee) –  Regina, SK28 May 2018
Interviewing for this company made it seem as though this company would be fast paced, full of continued learning and opportunities to excel within the company.

This is a lie..

The branch manager is also head of sales which makes no sense. It creates an unstable work environment and lots of micromanaging. The work is tedious, mind numbing, if you want to sort through hundreds of slips with seven digit codes to make them go in descending order maybe you'll like this. There is no rhyme or reason for most systems. Their computer program is full of glitches and poorly designed.

I would not wish this job on anyone. Oh, there was also no lunch room so I had to eat at the front desk. It's an unpaid half hour but they insisted I work through it.

Beware. This place has such a high turnover rate for a reason..
Pros
There are literally non
Cons
No breaks, unprofessional, mismanaged, absolutely no respect
fun and productive workplace
Warehouse Worker and forklift operator (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB2 February 2018
I always enjoyed going to work knowing it was going to be a good day because after working there a while, you're able to predict what kind of work load you'll have. I learned quite a bit about siding and how material goes up on the house working so close to it. i learned how to properly drive a forklift and how to maintain it running smoothly. Management was good for the most part. The hardest part was not being able to take breaks when there were rushes because customers always come first but i was always able to manage.
good family run business
Invoice Verification Clerk (Former Employee) –  Pointe-Claire, QC24 November 2017
has both good bad and ugly.
family run - very strick with employees,
good benefits, treated fairly
some YELLING in office but not a bad place to work.
Kaycan is not a good Company to work for
Delivery Driver/Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB6 October 2017
They have centralized management fro Eastern Canada and as a result of that they aren't open minded to regional changes to the res of their branches. Management is based on "old-School" model not willing to adjust and evolve with the modern job culture and employee development.
Pros
steady work
Cons
Bad management
Productive and amiable environment
Warehouse Shipper (Former Employee) –  Pointe-Claire, QC12 September 2017
- Very amiable and friendly environment

- Leaders in charge of management ( not strict demanding bosses )

- Very good place to acquire experience in no time

I personally worked at the customer doors, where it could get somewhat tense at times (i.e during the high season), but overall, it is definitely challenging (nothing in life is easy...) and of great responsibility as you are representing the face of the company, but it is easily doable if you are a people's person.
Pros
A huge family
Cons
None that I have experienced
environnement de travail productif et agreable
Opérateur (Former Employee) –  Cowansville, QC30 July 2017
-il a toujours une solution a une journe de travail typique
-jai suivi le court de simdut, et jai suivi le court de chariot elevateur, evoluer mes connaissance en mecanic industriel. gérer le stress quand les machine ne fonctionne pas bien ,il a que des solution.
-l,aspect le plus difficile de mon poste : changement de contremaitre au 2 semaines
-l'aspect le plus agreable de mon poste: voir le resultat de mes rapport doperateur a la fin du quart de travail ,(moyenne de 94 % /bonne production )
Pros
belle equipe, salaire augmante vitte quand tu est quelqun de motiver et plein dambition
Cons
l'odeur que le plastic degage quand il est brulé
under employed
Labourer (Former Employee) –  St. John's, NL30 June 2017
walk in they wanted the most for nothing . management didn't care for safety . dirty unsafe place . unloading containers of siding was the hardest .
getting of work
Planning does not exist
Manager (Former Employee) –  Alexandria, ON17 April 2017
Be carful when accepting a job offer from these guys.
Negotiate a severence package in your contract,
You can and probably will be fired when one of the owners or VP's has a hissy fit.

They talk stratagy but never make a plan with milestones available, a lot of contradicting verbal instructions,.

Supervisors and middle managers constantly have there authority undercut.

Family owned company with all that this entails, Good and BAD.
Pros
Customer focused company
Cons
Ownership does not recognize the impact on efficiency that giving in to evey customer demand.
Brutal Job, Heavy, No Respect, All Lies
Lead Hand (Former Employee) –  Regina, SK20 January 2017
Came into Kaycan very excited, left disappointed and sore. Full of empty promises, they DO NOT promote from within. High turnover rate, guys in the warehouse and ladies in the front constantly being let go for no good reason. They will promise you a "raise", give you hope for a promotion, but don't believe a thing they say. Today is my last day at Kaycan, and I must say it was an absolute shot show. Very excited to never work here again, wouldn't recommend this place to anyone looking for long term work. Your back will thank me later.
Pros
Slept in the siding once -_-
Cons
Permenant Damage to my f'ing body
Revolving door
Employee (Former Employee) –  Pointe-Claire, QC6 December 2016
Family owned and operated and extremely poorly run.

Management has no idea what to do and is not open to suggestions for improvement from better qualified and experienced people.

The employees are treated badly, which is why the best ones leave.

Don't even consider this place if you're desperate. It's not worth it.
Pros
Co-workers
Cons
Too many to list
Nepotism is a big problem
Employee (Current Employee) –  Pointe-Claire, QC21 November 2016
It's a family business, and if you're not part of that family, you don't matter.

Even then, they are in constant disagreement with each other and this trickles down to the employees, who are given conflicting instructions from different people.

Stay away. You will not learn anything, and will end up pulling your hair out in frustration.

It's not worth it.
Pros
None.
Cons
Too many to list.
micro management
Territorial Sales Representative (Current Employee) –  Lively, ON2 November 2016
Okay place to work, but I want to better myself, and my career.
feels like a dead end there. I really enjoyed my clients, and the majority of people I worked with, but I don't feel as if its for me.
Beware
Warehouse Worker (Current Employee) –  Weston, ON16 October 2016
Stay away.
Management is very rude n looks down upon employees in warehouse.
No room for advancement as they promise , lots of lies.
Dirty environment , no water breaks even in extreme heat, equipment falling apart, facility is disgusting.
Pay is very cheap for the physically demanding job it involves.
To get a raise you have to remind them.
Very cheap n Canada top 10 worse company to work for
Pros
Cons
To many to list
Stay away
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON1 June 2016
Stay away, full of empty promises.
Micro Managed.no trust at all in their employees.
Wouldn't consider anyone working for Kaycan
Great People to work with
AZ Truck Driver (Current Employee) –  Sudbury, ON24 May 2016
Kaycan gave me the opportunity to gain the experience needed and I will be forever grateful for this.

The Summer hours are long, but you get a nice break in the winder.

The best part for me was getting to know the customers at each yard.

The hardest part will be leaving.
Stay Away
Head Office (Former Employee) –  Montréal, QC23 March 2016
Don't be fooled by all the BS reviews they have. They are all from existing employees being asked to provide them and all magically appeared in the same time frame.
Great place to work.
Warehouse (Current Employee) –  Ontario14 March 2016
- Working at Kaycan has been very rewarding, being able to work day shift and most importantly being with my family after work not having to worry about afternoon shift and missing out on family functions.

- Days go by fast keeping busy. I have made new friendships in my time working here through daily interaction with customers as well as co-workers.

- If you are a team player and a hard worker this is the place to be a part of. Branch Team Members and Upper management are always willing to help you, as well as better the employee and customer Kaycan experience.

- Definitely recommend this place to work and grow with.
Pros
Days shift.
Cons
No Overtime.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Kaycan. Our community is ready to answer.

2.7