Kaycan

Kaycan Employee Reviews

Canada59 reviews
Featured review
Kaycan selected this as a representative review
Bâtisse neuve et bonne entreprise
Pendant le temps que j’y ai travaillé j’ai fait plein de choses différentes, c’est un emploi diversifié et les journées passent vites. Bon collègue
Fun and Exciting Place to Work
You are the first point of contact with the customers over phone, email and in person. Order entry computer program is easy to deal with once you get the hang of it and all company processes are easy to follow. You deal in direct contact with head office staff/management on a daily basis which grows a great connection with people all across Canada. There is always room to grow within the company which is great!

All members of the staff are amazing to work with. Everyone is willing to work as a team and if you need help to learn something there is always someone with the answers and is willing to help. All appropriate training is provided at branch level and head office is always a call away to help with any questions you may have. You learn a lot about siding materials and the siding industry in a whole working for this company which to me is very interesting and something I enjoy.

All around I love my job at Kaycan and have no complaints!
It was really good there.
Had to unload trailers and take customer order too.And go get there order's for what they asked for and get the truck ready for the next day.get customer material for them too.
Entreprise sérieuse et structurée
J’ai appris beaucoup de choses et l’équipe est agréable. On a toujours quelques choses à faire.
Terrible place to work
Safety does not exist. Management uses bullying tactics.Equipment old and breaks down .Do not recommended working for this company.
Backbreaking work
3 February 2020
We are sorry to hear about your experience. Safety is our number one priority for all our employees. Unfortunately, equipment is not predictable and can breakdown; we do not have control over that. If you would like to contact me to discuss please email me at anne.gagnon@kaycan.com
Big joke bunch of idiots
Don’t waste your time, Kaycan is s big joke. The supervisors and managers are idiots and a**h****, the owners only care about money, dirty, people are weird there. Don’t even apply there, your wasting your time.
27 January 2020
We are sorry to hear about your experience. We are known to have employees stay with us for a very long time, our average years of service in our Pointe-Clare plant is about 15 years. Name-calling has never solved anything, if you would like to contact me to further discuss, my e-mail is anne.gagnon@kaycan.com
Expérience pas mal
Ils veulent étreindre que leur objectif aucun intérêt pour les employés
27 January 2020
Toutes les entreprises travaillent avec des objectifs en considérant les employés, c’est la façon dont les bonnes entreprises avancent. Si vous souhaitez discuter de votre expérience, vous pouvez me joindre à anne.gagnon@kaycan.com
Supervisor is lazy
The supervisor is lazy and not a good manager. He said one day to another worker, "I can't do everything myself"! What a lying SOS! I was the one putting items away 99.9% of the time AND had to get the bay door! Customer comes around back to get some things and where is the supervisor? Up front goofing off! Not a good fit for the job and favors the other guy since they worked together at another warehouse
Can you say conflict of interest? Stay clear! together
27 January 2020
We are sorry about your bad experience. We always try to balance work out with all employees and at times supervisors have to share their time between the warehouse and the front office. If you would like to contact me to further discuss I can be reached at anne.gagnon@kaycan.com
Do these reviews help you learn more about working at Kaycan?
aucun respect et ne respecte pas les lois de la CNESST
nul comme endroit. dévalorisant. les 2 filles dans le bureau n'ont aucun respect pour les gars dans l'entrepot.
pas d'aide, on doit lever seul des boites de 80-90 livres. aucune respect de la CNESST.

pour le salaire à 16 $ de l,heure leurs compétiteurs en offre 18-19 pis au moins tu es respecté comme employé.

compagnie ferme a noel 2 semaines et aucun salaire.

il y a 1 livreur pis 4 gars dans l'entrepot qui vont partir d'ici noel. il va rester 2-3 gars max,
Pros
rien
Cons
aucun respect pour les gars de l'entrepot de la part des 2 filles dans le bureau.
26 November 2019
Nous sommes très préoccupés par ces commentaires étant donné que vous êtes un employé qui travaille actuellement pour nous. Je vous suggère de communiquer avec moi afin que nous puissions discuter davantage de vos préoccupations à anne.gagnon@kaycan.com . Nous aimerions ajouter que tous les employés sont informés de la fermeture du congé des fêtes de deux semaines avant d’être embauchés.
This company doesn't give a dam about its employees
I worked for over thirty years, the owners doesn't care for any one, it's all about the money, I heard one of the owners talking and laughing, saying, workers are a dime a dozen, true. My last 15 years I wasn't given a raise in pay,upon leaving, I was given two weeks vacation pay and that's it,not even a thank you.
25 October 2019
We are sorry to hear about your bad experience, we are known for our exceptional attention to long-term employee recognition, as well as all our employees go through an annual salary revision. In reviewing our data base of employees we are not able to find anyone that fits this profile. My name is Anne Gagnon, I am the Human Resources Director, if you'd like to discuss this further, please contact me at anne.gagnon@kaycan.com.
Run don’t walk
I worked at the head office in Pointe Claire. Miserable, cheap, rude and obnoxious owners who close the company between Christmas and New Years, in order to get paid for these days you have to save your vacation days even though they are stopping you from going to work.
They don’t give raises and their reasoning is that they provide health care benefits although the premiums come out of the employees salary.

Office employees are expected to help with year end inventory count. Layers of dust on all the stock. No safety gear provided. Employees are raised up in lifts to count stock and are not strapped in.

Very very high turn over mainly because of management and the older long term employees are so miserable they run off the new the employees.

employees.
25 October 2019
We are sorry to hear about your bad experience, we pride ourselves as having a high health and safety culture and in assuring that all our employees are in safe work conditions. Our policies assure that all our employees go through an annual salary revision. My name is Anne Gagnon, I am Director of Human Resources. If you'd like to discuss this further, please contact me at anne.gagnon@kaycan.com
Lot's of opportunity
Having been working at Kaycan for several years, my review is positive because I have had the opportunity to grow and have felt appreciated.

The Company is progressive and continues to grow and senior management has a clear focus on the future.

The people are nice, and the day has many challenges so it never gets boring.

I have also recommended others to work here and they too have joined Kaycan.
hard work zero appreciation
If you like hand bombing everything 60lbs or more per box.. loading your own truck and helping the warehouse... unloading the 53ft supply trailers is murder takes all day and you get like 2 a week... this job is great if you want to kill your body your minimal money... you will be promised things that you never get and the ones in charge have zero idea what's going on...
Waste of time
Hired on as Warehouse Personnel, did everything from entering orders, requisition of product, and loading & unloading trucks. Saw no raise for a year. When new position came available they chose to hire outside rather then promote from within.
Micromanaged, Process Driven, Outdated workplace
Kaycan will sell you on the promise of lots of big improvements and advances coming to make work life more enjoyable. In reality, this company puts bare minimum money into anything at their branches. Safety standards are non-existent.

New hires are sold on the idea of work life balance, and a workplace where you work a normal 8-5 week, however the moment it gets busy, there will be no extra support, and employees will be expected to work extra hours daily just to keep the branches functioning.

Salary employees are told that they can take time off in leu of the overtime worked, but it is always too busy for this to ever happen.

None of the hierarchy of the company are on the same page. there is no communication, they will argue amongst themselves during conference calls with no progress ever being made.

good luck.
Horrible place to work
The management at the Stoney Creek branch doesn’t care about the employee, only cares about getting the job done. Absolutely no training, I was expected to know every on the second day. I was hired as a driver but made to work in warehouse 98% of the time lugging 100+ boxes, and when I asked for help, the supervisor would make comments and or throw hissy fits. They say in their job spot you’ll be lifting 70 lbs max, but it’s 100+ lbs
Pros
Hourly wage
Cons
Disrespectful, dirty & unsafe work environment. Management Smokes in warehouse
Enough Dirt To Plant a Garden
Filthy environment. Management smoked in warehouse. High turnover rate. Cheap, slave labour. Completely disorganized.Was left to run the warehouse by myself on my 2nd day. Warehouse manager often was nowhere to be found or flirting with the clerk in the office. (Don't know why, he's ugly). Was often yelled at and given passive aggressive remarks when job was left incomplete, which was due to having to deal with customers. Was rarely given the hour lunch break required by law. Honestly, just pour the gas and light a match on the place!
Pros
High turnover rate, so you're unlikely to be fired
Cons
slave labour
If you like hand bombing absoutly everything go or it.
Job was alright, But you hand bombed trailers full from the ground up then hand bombed your truck then when at the job job site hand bombed it there too. If you where slow because you get sore it was a issue, get told this is a fast pace job.. Didn't have a flat bed or moffet truck. Or it takes you a long time at the job site they say something.. You get a hour lunch but you can never take it if your on the road if you are busy... So you say no and bank it. They get annoyed when you dont but you dont have a choice.

It's not a great job but its not totally bad ether. The primary driver thinks he can do what he wants and does it anyway, with reputations. He thinks the main truck is his. The warehouse manager after a week will think you know it all and lack direction. Expect you to clean and organize the warehouse then tell you its wrong, You make a suggestion on how to improve it tells you its a good idea then says we don't have time but will complain about the warehouse. Then screws off and flirts with staff up front. The warehouse is the worse one of them all in Ontario and needs up keep and cleaning but management are so confused and clueless and wont let you suggest to them anything nor will they get things in place to have product put away properly but if you don't do it you get in trouble.. even tho if you do you will get yelled at anyway. It's a mind screw of a job and you lose motivation fast to do anything based on the 2 guys there..

No weekends

Monday to Friday
Pros
no weekends monday to friday.
Cons
hand bombing everything, people, mangament.
Awful management out east.
One of the worst places I've ever worked - the management from out east micro-manage every possible thing they can. The HR department is disgusting and does not care about the employees whatsoever.
The pay is decent, but all the stress that comes from upper management is not worth it.

They do NOT provide the training necessary and lose it when a mistake is made due to a lack of knowledge.

Co-workers were great - only portion of the job I enjoyed.
Cons
Management, Hr, Lack of training.
Not worth your time
Little to no support from team members. No clear job description. Belittled by coworkers. Only use temps fpr warehouse positions. Unpaid overtime. Poorly managed. Little to no training.
Cons
Compagnie qui refuse d'évoluer.
C'est une compagnie qui à pas beaucoup de respect pour les employés, les relations de travail sont plus qu'ordinaire.
Manque de personnelle régulièrement.

Travail très physique.

Et les conditions de travail sont très ordinaire. Refu de donner deux semaines de vacances aux employés l'été.
Pros
Aucun
Cons
conditions de travail désuète.