Kawartha Dairy Limited

Kawartha Dairy Limited Employee Reviews

Canada36 reviews
Really fun fast-paced environment
I highly recommend working at Kawartha Dairy, Ltd. I loved it here and the co-workers made the shift so much better. Management was really easy going and you could talk to them about anything without being judged.
Proud Family Owned Company
Kawartha Dairy is a great company to work for. They treat you like family and value your hard work. If you are looking for a first time job it is the perfect place to go. Management helps instill work ethics into the the younger generations and shows them what it means to take pride in their everything they do. KD wants everyone to feel like they are part of team!
not worth the stress
A fun place to work if you’re a student. Not a good place to work long term, especially if you have a supervisor title. You don’t get paid differently than regular employees, no benefits or guaranteed hours full time. You’re given a heavy work load that isn’t worth the stress because you’re not being paid anything more than someone part time and seasonal.
Amazing place to work.
I worked at Kawartha Dairy for 5 years of my life. It is a workplace that is full of amazing and dedicated employees and taught me everything I know about the workforce. I started working here when i was 14 and had progressively worked my way up to being a supervisor. The Minden location will always be family to me and I would recommend to anyone considering working their to 100% do it.
Good Product, Good Company, Good Family
I enjoyed my time with the Dairy. They were very accommodating with my difficult family situation at one point. I was treated very well and felt very comfortable working there.
Plant and warehouse staff should organize union
Very poor pay in plant and warehouse

As company sells premium ice cream product should share the wealth with employees

Best option for staff is to organize union and get pay in range of other premium producers or unionized pay ranges found in Peterborough area
Good friendly co-workers
They say they are a family oriented company but that is FAR from the truth!! Only people that get a family life are management! Last minute change in scheduale OR they take back days off. Left this joke of employment before Christmas but heard there were NO real holiday to spend with family for anyone except again.... management! Pretty much a normal couple days off. Complete disappointment
Pros
Free ice cream
Cons
NO life just work
Great place to work!
One of the best jobs I have ever had, staff is always super friendly and great to work with, fast paced but rewarding. I highly recommend working here.
A really great and fun workplace
Working at KD was, and still will be, one of my favourite jobs I've ever had. Working with great people, and having a job that I can come back to every summer, it is amazing having that job security.
look elsewhere - employer of last resort
- A family company which unfortunately means that family members in senior roles that they don't have skill to do properly
- New CEO loves to hear the sound of his own voice and does not follow through.

- a lot of new hiring in mid to senior management which has made organization top heavy.

- A lot of waste and people are not held responsible.
Doesnt pay nearly as much as other dairys do for same positions
The sanitation is not worth talking about. Supervisor doesn't understand the first thing about the job. And the sanitation equipment is broken and our dated.
Fun and Inclusive work environment
for the most part all the staff are great, they have some very young hires who have little to no work ethic and it makes work less manage trying to pick up after them. Besides that the job is very fun and time goes by very fast!
Good employees poor upper management
The job itself was amazing. Fun.. and amazingly good team. The upper management was discriminating and unfair people were wrongfully terminated... a disgusting way to run a local business. management at store level was most of the time amazing. But head office always turned a blind eye to any concerns any employees had. Toxic upper management
Pros
Free product. Fun store level atmosphere
Cons
Poor upper management
Worst mistake of my life
This business was absolutely horrible to work with in the 7 months I was with them. Not only are you expected to drop everything for them at any time (calling to take a shift an hour before it starts, then if you say no you are ridiculed and bullied by management for the next month)
All they do is hire young teens for their SUPERVISORS which just sit in the back on their phones all the time.

Scheduled breaks aren’t a thing. Forget about trying to go to the bathroom during a lull because you’ll be screamed at by the general manager. Forget about that 30 minute break because your teen supervisors will say you only get 10 for a 9hour shift! No 15-min breaks either!

This job made me hate my life and when I was faced with a dire family emergency, I was bullied for MONTHS by the GENERAL MANAGER because I had to fly out of the province.

I also ended up having a health emergency where I needed to go to the hospital and despite having MULTIPLE doctors notes and being hooked up to a 24/7 heart monitor, the manager asked if I was lying to get out of work. Complete disregard to everyone and everything, and not a professional run business at ALL.

The only “good” thing is that you get a free treat every night after work, which I believe is to only entice kids to staying at that horrible place.
Pros
Free icecream
Cons
Long hours, No breaks, Screaming Management, Bullying, Childish Behaviour
Fun and exciting workplace
The people there are very nice, there is always something to do to keep yourself busy. The busy summer nights makes the shift go by super fast. The management is a work in progress and isn't consistent which makes some weeks better than others.
Pros
free icecream
Cons
closes late
good
this place to work was a good place i really liked work there. there were a lot of good people that worked there. it did get really busy in the summer when i did work there and i liked that.
Working at Kawartha Dairy is a Blast
Working at Kawartha Dairy has been fun, I have worked there for a little over a year and am always excited to get to work! The customers are always understanding and co-operative despite our long summer line ups.
Pros
Free Treats, Great Co-Workers
Cons
On-Call Shifts
Quick Pace
Got super busy over the summer especially on holidays. Taught me to act fast, work at quick speeds and to be warm and welcoming. Hardest part of the job would be to switch out the big tubs of ice cream and scooping frozen ice cream in a cone. But the most enjoyable part had to be the employees and customers.
Great place to work.
A typical day included serving customers, stocking inventory, and cleaning. There was a competent management team. The most enjoyable part of the job was interacting with regular customers.
Pros
Free ice cream treat with every shift.
Cons
could get very hot during summer.
a good summer job
Work alongside friends, very relaxed but you still have expectations. Can be busy but never very stressfull
management is overall good

prepare to have a sore arm for the first couple shifts
Work Environment Enjoyable
- old building with typical issues
- friendly staff

- fun environment

- sometimes understaffed for amount of customers

- management flexible with personal schedule
Pros
discount
Cons
busy in summer