Kautex Employee Reviews

Miserable people
Operator (Former Employee) –  Windsor, ON18 March 2019
Lazy workers and too many politics, too many people in charge without knowing what they are doing. Old union workser don’t want new workers to take away from they’re overtime.
very professional place to work
Line Worker (Former Employee) –  Windsor, ON24 October 2017
Kautex is a really fun place to work, I got to learn a lot about working fast pace in a conveyor belt that does not stop for you by any means necessary, I also learned a lot about time management so I can get to the acquired tanks made in an hour. The management at kautex is amazing everyone is very professional and is always glad to help if help is needed, The workplace has a lot of friendly people and everyone treats each other like family no matter what goes on in the work place. There isn't really a hard part about this job because it is very straight forward and it is is a repetitive job. the best part about the job is finding a flow and keeping that flow for the next 8 hours while talking with the people around you.
Pros
friendly people
Cons
repetitive
Awesome
Senior Automation Engineer Assistant (Former Employee) –  Windsor, ON2 November 2016
Very good working environment. I got a lot of hands on experience within all departments. Everyone there is friendly and it is mostly a team oriented environment.
Fun and Amazing Learning Experience
Continuous Improvement Engineer, Capstone Project (Former Employee) –  Windsor, Ontario19 October 2015
At Kautex Textron, I had the perfect environment and workplace to practice my passion and apply what I have leaned in school. I learned how to overcome the challenges in the production line with the help of an amazing engineers. I was provided with a full office equipped with everything an Industrial Engineer needs. Also, I had given overnight access to the plant as well as the office. These benefits encouraged me to fulfill the requirement of the job and to reach the objective of the project.
Wonderful place for a new comer.
Product Validation Technician COOP (Former Employee) –  Windsor, ON27 March 2015
* Daily activities include fuel tank testing and SCR tank testing.
* Fuel systems, SCR systems and various test and evaluation procedures.
* Employee friendly management.
* Amazing co-workers.
Pros
Work culture, Co-workers, etc.
Cons
Nil
Productive and fun work place
Associate Intern (Former Employee) –  Windsor, ON26 March 2015
At Kautex working culture was good and productive. As an International student experienced a good Canadian working culture. People at kautex are very supportive and helped me alot
Pros
very supportive
Factory, repetitive and somewhat difficult
Line operator (Former Employee) –  Windsor, ON12 February 2015
This job was earlier in my employment venture. It was a great learning curve to know it wasn't where i wanted end up. Great pay, however repetitive work cycles. This is definitely not for the weak of hearts.
Pros
Great pay checks, Job security
Cons
Repetion, harder work environment
Undeveloped with Respect to Lean Manufacturing
Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Windsor28 May 2013
A typical day at work is filled with responding to "fires" as this is where the culture is at. Nothing is a problem until it is a major problem. Extremely reactive with little proactive steps taken to avoid issues.
Very little meaningful structure with respect to business/process standards leading to manufacturing instability and customer dissatisfaction.

It is a check box culture meaning they don't have a visceral understanding of the benefits of structure and process. Focused on "manufacturing at all costs"- very dark ages and not reflective of a company with a global presence.

Very week management team resulting in manufacturing chaos. They don't know what they don't know and don't seek outside benchmarking opportunities to improve their business. Stagnant with respect to continuous improvement.
Pros
Good business in terms of profitability
Cons
Automotive remains instable, this facility is extremely wasteful, old school culture
it was a good place to work made alot of friends there
General labourer (Former Employee) –  Windsor, ON15 December 2012
i just signed upih you seems like your a good company i will know more later as i use you more
Pros
good money
Cons
too many lazy people
Very good place to work for
assembly worker (Former Employee) –  Windsor, Ontario11 January 2012
Unfortunately the economic problem that our country is confronting damage this company and they give a massive laid off, the company still operating but at the minimun after that have almost 500 hundred employees is operating with no even 50.
Pros
medical benefits, dental, excellent compensation, was the best of all the places that i worked
Cons
i can find negative aspects in the company, except the fact that some times employees, in particular with years of work in the company, did not appreciate how good the company was, until they were out.