kate spade Employee Reviews

They pay you great to treat you like trash
Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Vaughan, ON26 July 2018
the absolute worst company I have ever worked for.

12 hour shifts, management hides in the back for their supervisor to run the store and of course...anything that goes wrong will be blamed on you.

Recently promoted supervisors with no prior management experience whatsoever talking back to you as if your previous management experience is nothing.

This specific location is not worth your time or effort working for.
Fun atmosphere
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Burnaby, BC25 March 2018
While working here I learned how to shift gears from a constant fast paced environment to a quieter one and being able to really dedicate my time to helping a customer find what he or she was looking for.
Very fast paced and great team
Sales and Stock (Current Employee) –  Vaughan, ON10 March 2018
Overall, Kate Spade was a great place to work. The team gets along with each other well and this leads to bonding as well as an amazing work environment.

A typical day at the store location consists of very high traffic. Many people are coming in too the store to the point where it is overwhelming in some instances but, with our great management and associates, we use it to our benefit to convert it to sales.

At the warehouse or stock location, the traffic is not there but there is always a huge amount of product that needs to be processed and it does tire your body at the end of the day with all the lifting and tearing.

Management was lenient with our personal schedule and would always help to adjust or cover a shift if need be. Also, they are always their to support and go out of their way to make the day, working through their breaks and own time.

My favourite part of the job had to be the team. I made a lot of friends their for life and together I feel we accomplished a lot. I enjoyed my time there but its time to move on and expand my knowledge of retail.
Pros
Breaks as needed, Great environment and co-workers
Cons
High paced all the time, Minimum wage even though it is a luxury store
Great company to work for
Assistant Manager (Current Employee) –  Etobicoke, ON2 March 2018
a typical day at work is really fast paced. huge footfall of customers . overall a great experience. learning's are great. operational system is little bit old school but everything works well,
Good work environment
Production Muse (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON18 December 2017
It was not overwhelming, and the other employers were able to tell me what they wanted me to do and just let me do it without hovering. It was a space where I could learn and excel with my skills and abilities.
Pros
Employee benefits such as discounts, wardrobing events, and a great manager
Management is not good
Sales Associate/ Warehouse (Current Employee) –  Niagara-on-the-Lake, ON28 November 2017
Over all i love the customers that come in to the store. But the management team is horrible. The rules and circumstances for certain situations are not acceptable.
Okay place to work
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Halton, ON7 November 2017
Kate spade at Toronto premium outlets has horrible management. They will over work you one week then cut your hours the next, its very unstable job. Do not recommend
Workplace
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Halton Hills, ON22 August 2017
Pros
Coworkers are nice.
Employee discount is decent.
Some managers are considerate.

Cons
Management team has little experience of how to manage.
Schedule does not give out on time.
Management team seems to be slow in responding to emails, picking up phones.
Sometimes people get scheduled after they book days off.
Customers are sometimes rude and it ruins the whole day.
Sometimes they make you live and breath your job, which is very miserable.
Pros
Employee discounts
Cons
Bad scheduling, customer expects too much, bad management team
Operations Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ON20 July 2017
Typical day at Kate Spade was processing hand bags that would be delivered to our store. Being at the warehouse location was great as it was a pretty laid back atmosphere with music, but we still got our jobs done
Fun workplace
Sale Associate (Current Employee) –  Vancouver, BC10 July 2017
Good workplace culture mostly on building teamwork and clientele. Involved in stock inventory visuals maintaining the front of the store, also learning to build a client base and hosting various appointments. Involved participating in store events and promotions, loss prevention and training of other store associates.
Pros
supportive work environment
Cons
short hours
Valoriza o funcionário
Vendas (Former Employee) –  Vancouver22 May 2017
Da valor ao funcionário com bons acordos para compra de artigos.
Upbeat, but cramped
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Niagara-on-the-Lake, ON4 May 2017
I only worked there for a couple months during the Christmas season but I was hardly given proper shifts. They hired way too many people which made the job hard to enjoy
Pros
discount
Cons
hours
Nice collection of bags to look at
Transport Driver Warehouse Personnel (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ON21 March 2017
Its a decent place to work. The staff is nice and you're always on your feet. You learn a lot about the company and the brand that they stand for in the end.
Pros
lots of bags
Cons
short hours
Very fun and joyful environment
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Halton Hills, ON8 February 2017
Working at kate spade was a great experience and I believe had a great impact on me. Every day we would start off by making sure everything was in order before opening up the store and we would invite and interact with all the customers with a very positive attitude management was very organized and I believe helped the team stay up beat and set the tone for the joyful atmosphere among the staff. The hardest part of the job was probably the long hours thats about it, overall it was a great experience and it helped me gain more confidence and expand my knowledge.
Pros
discount on purses
Cons
Fun environment with a great team
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Halton Hills, ON8 February 2017
The team at Kate Spade is amazing. The team is very welcoming and well managed. Customer servicing is the main key for this job. I got to meet new customer and had a chance to advice them with a good choice according to their needs
Pros
Pay: Minimum Wage
Cons
Happy environment
Productive and good environment with ability to learn
Sale Associate (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON7 February 2017
Working at Kate Spade
Muse (Former Employee) –  Etobicoke, ON12 January 2017
I loved working at Kate Spade. It was amazing! The people there were great! There is nothing bad to say about Kate Spade. I wish I was still working there! I was just seasonal! I am very greatful for the experience I got from working there!
Pros
Great discounts
Cons
exciting job in the fashion industry
Sales Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON19 October 2016
working at kate spade new york in toronto is a fun and challenging work experience that allows you to build on a lot of customer focussed skills and be apart of a great team of women
Pros
free clothes
Cons
comission based
Productive, fun and friendly environment
Warehouse Associate (Current Employee) –  Mississauga, ON26 August 2016

Most enjoyable part of the job is the co-workers, are really friendly and nice to each other

You learn a lot from the managers at work
Fun and bright
SALES ASSOCIATE (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON27 May 2016
Great place to work, management was always seeking to improve staff targets. Takes a fun and energetic person to wear kate spade confidently! must be able to step outside your comfort zone to try different things

Ask a question about working or interviewing at kate spade. Our community is ready to answer.