Kaseya Employee Reviews

Management at the time was a mess.
Employee (Former Employee) –  Brickell, fl10 April 2019
Unprofessional. It was like working in a day care center. HUGE politics. Angst between co-workers. I think the company was sold since I worked there. But the owner at the time was unapproachable, fake and pretentious. The one good thing in the environment was the pre training as there is language to learn. HR at the time was inexperienced and could not answer basic questions and made judgments without deliberation. But this is a couple of years ago. So things may have gotten better.
Pros
Snacks
Cons
Poor management
Try somewhere else first
Software Engineer (Former Employee) –  Henderson, NV16 January 2019
Try somewhere else first. They don t care about the employees. There has been so many turn overs that anyone who starts there gets scared and leaves in less than 2 years
Fun & productive. Opportunity for growth and remote positions
GLOBAL MARKETING COORDINATOR (Former Employee) –  Remote25 September 2018
Working for Kaseya was a wonderful experience! They have great management and leadership. I learned so much working here. They offer great growth opportunities. They also offer remote positions but always kept in communication very well. You do have to travel a couple time a year for meetings and user conference, which was always a fun and enjoyable time for everyone.
The gold standard
Support Engineer II (Former Employee) –  Kirkland, WA11 September 2018
Form day 1 it was a fun job. I worked with inventive people. Was able to master several of the offered MSP modules and act as SME on 4 of them. Was trusted with tier 3 after hours disaster recovery team for MSP clients. Was able to work with development as a quasi SDET testing the CRM, BuDR, patch management. We were a family and to this day am in contact with several of the crew. We knew the the CFO and CIO personally. True open door policy.
Pros
Everything.
Cons
The buyout
Great Atmosphere
Outbound Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Miami, FL27 July 2018
One of the greatest places I have worked. I loved my team and the cohesion we had. The drive to learn & excel was the standard. The behind the scenes of how MSP & IT staff operate from a Cybersecurity standpoint was fascinating.

We worked directly with C Level personnel in order to meet their strategic technology objectives. From a solution standpoint to budgeting as well.
Pros
Great Atmosphere
Cons
Alot of turnover
Beware- Zero Value Placed on Employees at Kaseya
Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Miami, FL9 June 2018
I have worked for 4 organizations in my professional career and most recently at Kaseya in Sales. I have never been a part of company that places less value on their employees. In successful organizations, the management team will ask rank and file employees what they could be doing to improve by welcoming feedback. At Kaseya, unless you are a VP or higher your voice carries no weight at all. The company is bloated with with overpaid executives who are stuck in their ways and whatever they say goes even though they haven’t been in a customer facing role in several years. The management team also placing unacheivable daily metrics on the sales team with the expectation that you can accomplish them in an 8 hour work day- which is as close to impossible as you can be. You have to complete these KPI’s in an 8 hour work day because even though the day you are a salary employee, they actually pay you by the hour and if you try to add even one extra hour on your time sheet per day, they will reject it and not pay overtime.
All in all, the executives at Kaseya are so incredibly disconnected from reality and what it takes to make a company successful that even the slightest suggestion for improvement is struck down with an iron fist. I would not recommend anyone to work for Kaseya, even if it was a cruel joke on a person I dislike- it’s that pathetic of an organization.
Pros
Cons
Terrible Management, no advancement, continually changing comp plans, no opportunity to voice opinions
Not enough time, training, or opportunity to grow
Customer Support Engineer (Former Employee) –  Miami, FL24 May 2018
I was brought in to a "boot camp" training that gave very little in the realm of training. The trainer trained on what he thought we should know instead of training to our weaknesses. Questions wen't unanswered. The repository of information was very poorly organized and did not coincide with terms and concepts that would be useful to the position.
Pros
Laid back atmosphere, "beer Fridays"
Cons
Revolving door of employees, Poor training
Hired on early
Content Manager\ Professional Services Consultant (Former Employee) –  Tampa, FL22 May 2018
I liked the company and the original senior leadership was able to talk to them and they were available to help guide and mentor. After the company was purchased by the Venture capital group I was laid off within 6 months because they didn't want me working remotely.
Decent place to work
Associate Product Manager (Former Employee) –  Boston, MA16 May 2018
A typical day is tough and can be overwhelming but the team is helpful. Everyone gets along and helps each other out even though they are from different teams.
Very cool work experience
QA Automation Intern (Former Employee) –  Henderson, NV21 November 2017
The internship exposed me to a lot of new things. I learned a lot about how the QA side works. I would recommend this as a workplace to anybody interested.
Mature Company that feels like start up
Strategic Customer Success Manager (Current Employee) –  Home in Pittsburgh12 September 2017
Sales Territory cnages often. Clients joke about 'revolving door' regarding account reps. Compensation was changed 3 times in 17 months. Management does not know the MSP channel, and the management hires friends. There is no support from any Technical Engineers.
Pros
Base pay was good
Cons
Management has short memory
Great coworkers, horrible executives
Customer Support Engineer (Former Employee) –  Miami, FL12 June 2017
Kaseya is a fun place to work if you don't mind absolutely no job security. It is a free for all and mistakes a minimally tolerated, which is ridiculous seeing how they throw you into the deep end as a tech. No respect for chain of command as customers can speak negatively of you as a tech to the executives without you being aware, and at the same time, the executives have probably never spoken to you. If you look at their job openings, they never go away as it is a revolving door with their positions. Most people get fired or quit. Wouldn't recommend working here unless you don't ever think you'll make a mistake
Pros
Free snacks, great coworkers
Cons
Dog eat dog environment placed by ceo. Absolutely no security of your job.
A great opportunity
Global Payroll Analyst (Former Employee) –  New York, NY18 October 2016
Great company to work for. Different skill sets can be learned from working with the company. I love the CEOs strategy within the sales department.If your into sales and marketing this is a great opportunity.
Great Opportunity Grabbed !!
Product Support Engineer (Current Employee) –  Bangalore, Karnataka19 June 2016
It is a nice place to work - I really enjoy working here. The management and the team are very comfortable to work with - things are handled in a professional manner.
Bad Management Poor Training
N/A (Former Employee) –  Tampa, FL3 March 2016
The management there has no clue what they are doing.
This company doesn't produce anything.
I would not suggest working for this company.
great development on a new stack while it lasted
Principal Member of Technical Staff (Former Employee) –  San Jose, CA6 October 2015
Old CEO and CTO were very tech centric and championed development on a new cloud tech stack. The new CEO was sales centric and put the "next-gen" development (and our jobs) on ice.

Work was great, but compensation and benefits were lacking. PTO is "unlimited" which is a bummer if you get laid off as there's no accrued payout for unused vacation in your severance. The severance itself was minimal, 2 weeks, which really doesn't cut it in todays world (Kaseya, .

Company has been pretty unstable for the last couple of years as there have been 2 mass layoffs (1 to layoff the original c++ developers of the old products, another to layoff the next-gen java developers that replaced them)
Pros
development on a modern tech stack (while it lasted)
Cons
unstable, benefits lacking, not pto payout, no common culture across offices
Support tech
Tier 1 Support-Specialist (Former Employee) –  Miami, FL27 August 2014
I started working for this company and it was great, there were lots of people that helped out and would support each other but once it got bought out the company changed and it more like every man for themselves.
Pros
Great support team
Cons
Management doesn't listen to employees
Kaseya is a difficult place to work.
Director Back Office Systems (Current Employee) –  Aliso Viejo, CA7 October 2013
I have learned a lot at Kaseya in many different disciplines, in communication protocols, remote control technologies, antivirus, antimalware, remote computer management, and InstallShield. Continued to use my C#, SQL, and Web & Windows Forms technologies.

Management did not adhere to any know development strategy other than get it out there and let the clients test it.

I am one of twenty+ people who have survived at Kaseya over the last 5 years. I received very little direction and very few rewards. The rule is, you either produce or you are gone. This is difficult without clear direction.

Worked 50 to 60+ hours a week.

I enjoyed the people. As a whole, they were smart and energetic and loved what they did. I enjoyed learning about a lot of different subjects from them.
Pros
Smart and energetic people
Cons
Little or unclear direction.
Kaseya is a good company to work for.
Regional Sales Manager (Former Employee) –  Tampa, FL22 August 2013
My only complaint is that Kaseya needs a more structured training program. The company has a good compensation plan, the product and it's commitment to further developing their technology is strong.
Pros
Good people, product & plan
Great place to work!
Customer Service Rep and Manager (Former Employee) –  Aliso Viejo, CA5 August 2013
Typical work day was busy for me. I was constantly interacting with co-workers and customers.
Pros
Workplace location was beautiful