KAR Global

KAR Global Employee Reviews

Canada60 reviews
Stressful Place to Work
Daily dealing with uneducated business owners with huge egos is quite challenging. The staff are nice. Middle management is adequate but not impressive. Senior management however is another story.
Started off great, quickly went downhill
I was fired from my job during the covid 19 crisis, for a non existent performance issue. The company claims to care about their staff, but their actions would indicate otherwise. Stay away!
Productive and Fun workplace
It is a really great place to work ,
Very friendly and team work environment one can get a chance for Excel and advancement fun to learn environment one can participate his idea for the development of the company basic trade

Easy accessible the KAR THINK TANK
Absolutely amazing company
Absolutely amazing company to work for very very accommodating go out of there way to make you feel welcome if it wasnt that fact my children were in NB and I was in Alberta I'd still be there
Do not recommend!
I'm only writing this to save other people from wasting their time. It's supposed to be an entry-level position that would open doors for you to move on. Unfortunately, the manager is an egotistical narcissist that does not want to see people advance. Total waste of time especially for the pay!
Great place to learn
Nothing bad to say about KAR. Like most software organizations going through a digital transformation, expect ups and downs on the work-life balance. And expect to constaintly learn
Think Twice!!!
Managers are the worst, If you are among the favorite you get overtime, if not, even you are a full time employee. Manager accept gifts and food from employees.
Not a happy place to work at!
Will never recommend anyone to work here ....there is no flexibility whatsoever!!! No perks...but OPERATIONS director comes in and out whenever she wants...MICROMANAGING 1000%.... Everyone in my department finance left shortly after I left definitely thwy need new managers and new director that know manager skills !
Great company
Good company to work for. Great managment. Highly recommended however salaries are not great but stable. Very transparent when it comes to any opportunities within the group
A Company that cares about its employees
The management was amazing and probably my favorite part of this company. Lots of opportunity for advancement and very family friendly. Participating in the auction was very fun and challenging at the same time.
Pros
Management, live auction
great place to work
interesting business; great atmosphere on sale day.

there are lots of opportunities to transfer to other jobs and you can make a career out of working for ADESA.

pay could be stronger but benefits and people are good. company provides paid benefits to full time employees, including medical and RRSP matching.
Pros
lots of overtime potential in busy periods, paid benefits
Cons
weather conditions for outside positions
Resources are not managed well
Not respected the resources well enough. Never felt comfortable about the decision making process. Internal politics was one of the reason why I felt that way.
Pros
Salary
Cons
culture
Great place, great people.
I have worked part time at Adesa for almost 4 years since retiring from the City of Calgary and can honestly say I have really enjoyed it. All the people are great from supervisors to co-workers and the work environment makes it enjoyable to come in to each day. The only reason I’m looking for another job is recently there has been a slow down and I find I’m not getting enough hours.
fun, fast paced
amazing place of business. meeting a lot of new people, learning experience about cars. Very fun and welcoming environment, learning experience. The hardest part of the job would be to keep up with the pace of things.
Awesome people
Office staff and yard staff all great people, teamwork at its best .... they all make you very welcome, thorough on the job training ... great online / ongoing training too 👍
Pros
Team work
Cons
Dusty in summer / Cold in winter
Production lines with cars and vehicles to get ready by time
Its a very good company to start work with as trainee and grab good working training and experience.
Staff is too supportive and energetic.

Its a production line type, where vehicles need to get ready by time, all staff are coordinating and well behaved with everyone.

Good experience, good start, payment and structure all good.
easy work with good atmosphere
it is a perfect beginner job or early retirement. offering flexible hours and shifts. you get to drive tons of different vehicles which also makes the experience more fun
Staff super friendly On job training was not very good
The position I had there was multiple of things to remember and to do and I feel like i was been pressured all the time to do things faster my trainer kept making me feel like i was not progressing fast enough.

Training terrible

Everything else great!
Pros
Friendly staff
Not the best place to work!
The person who was suppose to train me for the job was setting me up for failure. I was let go after 3 days even though I did everything I was asked to do. I don't feel bad since it was a chance for me to find a way better job which I love.
Pros
Not sure
Cons
Poor work conditions
Good work people
Just one bad thing ~ SALARY!!! (not paid well)
Great staff including all management.

Loved working for the company.

Work environment was pleasant - GREAT
Relaxed atmosphere
the workplace was relaxed and allowed me to set my own hours, I really enjoy vehicles so it was interesting to see so many different kinds.

Management was approachable and seemed to care about their employees.