KAR Global
Happiness score is 55 out of 100

KAR Global Employee Reviews

Canada89 reviews

A great place for Seniors who need a sense of self-worth but not seeking advancement.

I am a Senior who worked in the banking industry for many years. I found KAR to be a great place for Seniors as long as they aren't seeking advancement. Management needs an upgrade as too many of such have come up internally which, along with lack of external experience, slows necessary changes. At the time, I was laid off due to the pandemic, I believe the company was actively working to improve in this area.

Most stressed I've ever been

I worked in accounts receivable. It was my job to call clients daily to remind them to pay their bills. This resulted in getting yelled at daily for issues that I was not aware of, with no support from management. Harassment was a daily problem by management and clients. Would not recommend.

Insights into KAR Global

What people like
  • Ability to meet personal goals
  • Feeling of personal appreciation
Areas for improvement
  • Fair pay for job
  • Sense of belonging
  • General feeling of work happiness

Keeps you busy and always learning

Fun place to work especially if you like cars. Challenging and good management and supervisors. Lots of opportunity to advance if you are willing to work hard.

Travaille motivant et agréable

Je suis content de travailler pour Kar . L’ambiance est bonne et le travail est motivant et plaisant. Mais compagnon de travail sont gentil et coopératif.La direction est compréhensive et proche des travailleurs.

Pros

Heure flexible

Management lacks simple common sense!

If you are planning on working at Adesa, and think that management cares and are respectful of their employees then think again. Poor, disrespectful, zero appreciation for timely, dedicated, hard-working employees who get the job done each day. High turnover, you are discarded just like toilet paper and no one who is dedicated day in and day out deserves that!Do yourself a big favor and don't waste your energy. you could do much better...

Pros

Members of the driving team, friendly group of people, Bonne chance!

Cons

Everything about Management, doesn't deserve even one star!

Terrible

Horrible Management... Tried to cover up possible covid cases. Only good thing was members of the team . I really hope they treat employees better in the future

Pros

N/a

Cons

N/a

Stay away from this place

No job security here and management is horrible depending on what location you have. And if you value work life balance then don’t bother applying. You often have to be on call 24/7.

Pros

Cons

Horrible culture and the salary isn’t great

productif

on doit deplacer les véhicules et les positionnés aux bons endroits

Pros

travail extérieur

Cons

travail extérieur

Openlane Is great company to work with

It's an amazing place to work , great culture, Diversified technology, space to grow and learning, Friendly environment. People works here like a family.

Fun place to work for

Too many middle managers; a lot of miscommunication from the bottom of the hierarchy to the top management with differing views that often result in unresolved issues.; poor HR decisions. Too many cooks in the kitchen kinda atmosphere. In my opinion, the management should lay off (a lot of) redundant roles/personnel in the US HQ office that are doing almost the same thing or do not really do a lot of work.

Pros

Company picnics; free Tuesday lunches

Cons

Poor middle management, HR is not that knowledgeable

Poor inexperienced Management

They had no targets for you yet they made you accountable for numbers. The Management was so inconsistent with how they handled work related issues. Did not adhere to policies in place when it benefited their bigger clients at the expense of their lesser clients. very unprofessional place to work

Pros

free lunches and fun lunch room, when working at the office

Cons

very inexperience unprofessional management.

Was not a great experience

In my experience here I learned that many claims turned out to be false. (coverage, unit testing, code reviews)the culture is somewhat toxic, though on paper it sounds amazing.culture seems great but after a while you see its more just talk and for show. Turnover. Do not recommend, but if you must, make it short lived.

Pros

snacks

Cons

management, quality of code reviews

Environnement tres agréable

Personnel tres ouvert d'esprit, culture de l'entreprise accés vers l'humain

Micro management

Constant micro managing. No overtime but had to get work tasks done. Fighting between departments. Not much support sometimes from upper management. Great co workers.

Unorganized

The company is not well organized in daily operations. The stress level is not high and the transport job can be a lot of fun due to the people you work with.

Managment field support.

The hardest part of the job is managing the lack of professionalism of 3rd party affiliate businesses. The company itself is a great company that looks after its staff and provides excellent training.

Started off great, quickly went downhill

I was fired from my job during the covid 19 crisis, for a non existent performance issue. The company claims to care about their staff, but their actions would indicate otherwise. Stay away!

Nice Environment

very nice environment. A lot of skilled and knowledgable people are working there. If you are looking for internship at this place, I recommend this place a lot!

Stressful Place to Work

Daily dealing with uneducated business owners with huge egos is quite challenging. The staff are nice. Middle management is adequate but not impressive. Senior management however is another story.

Productive and Fun workplace

It is a really great place to work , Very friendly and team work environment one can get a chance for Excel and advancement fun to learn environment one can participate his idea for the development of the company basic trade Easy accessible the KAR THINK TANK

Absolutely amazing company

Absolutely amazing company to work for very very accommodating go out of there way to make you feel welcome if it wasnt that fact my children were in NB and I was in Alberta I'd still be there

Ask a question about working or interviewing at KAR Global. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

2.7 out of 5 stars for Job security/advancement