KAR Auction Services Employee Reviews

Not a happy place to work at!
Accounting Clerk (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON18 October 2019
Will never recommend anyone to work here ....there is no flexibility whatsoever!!! No perks...but OPERATIONS director comes in and out whenever she wants...MICROMANAGING 1000%.... Everyone in my department finance left shortly after I left definitely thwy need new managers and new director that know manager skills !
A Company that cares about its employees
Commercial Account Representative (Former Employee) –  Saskatoon, SK13 June 2019
The management was amazing and probably my favorite part of this company. Lots of opportunity for advancement and very family friendly. Participating in the auction was very fun and challenging at the same time.
Pros
Management, live auction
great place to work
supervisor (Current Employee) –  Halifax, NS6 June 2019
interesting business; great atmosphere on sale day.

there are lots of opportunities to transfer to other jobs and you can make a career out of working for ADESA.

pay could be stronger but benefits and people are good. company provides paid benefits to full time employees, including medical and RRSP matching.
Pros
lots of overtime potential in busy periods, paid benefits
Cons
weather conditions for outside positions
Resources are not managed well
Senior Cloud Solution Designer/Developer (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON12 May 2019
Not respected the resources well enough. Never felt comfortable about the decision making process. Internal politics was one of the reason why I felt that way.
Pros
Salary
Cons
culture
Great place, great people.
Yard Driver (Current Employee) –  Airdrie, AB11 May 2019
I have worked part time at Adesa for almost 4 years since retiring from the City of Calgary and can honestly say I have really enjoyed it. All the people are great from supervisors to co-workers and the work environment makes it enjoyable to come in to each day. The only reason I’m looking for another job is recently there has been a slow down and I find I’m not getting enough hours.
fun, fast paced
Check in/Data Entry Clerk (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON6 May 2019
amazing place of business. meeting a lot of new people, learning experience about cars. Very fun and welcoming environment, learning experience. The hardest part of the job would be to keep up with the pace of things.
Awesome people
Lot Attendant (Former Employee) –  Calgary South9 April 2019
Office staff and yard staff all great people, teamwork at its best .... they all make you very welcome, thorough on the job training ... great online / ongoing training too 👍
Pros
Team work
Cons
Dusty in summer / Cold in winter
Production lines with cars and vehicles to get ready by time
Assistant (Former Employee) –  Brampton, ON22 March 2019
Its a very good company to start work with as trainee and grab good working training and experience.
Staff is too supportive and energetic.
Its a production line type, where vehicles need to get ready by time, all staff are coordinating and well behaved with everyone.
Good experience, good start, payment and structure all good.
easy work with good atmosphere
yard attendant (Former Employee) –  Nisku, AB20 March 2019
it is a perfect beginner job or early retirement. offering flexible hours and shifts. you get to drive tons of different vehicles which also makes the experience more fun
Staff super friendly On job training was not very good
Commercial Account Rep (Former Employee) –  Leduc, AB14 February 2019
The position I had there was multiple of things to remember and to do and I feel like i was been pressured all the time to do things faster my trainer kept making me feel like i was not progressing fast enough.

Training terrible

Everything else great!
Pros
Friendly staff
Not the best place to work!
Clerk (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON9 February 2019
The person who was suppose to train me for the job was setting me up for failure. I was let go after 3 days even though I did everything I was asked to do. I don't feel bad since it was a chance for me to find a way better job which I love.
Pros
Not sure
Cons
Poor work conditions
Good work people
Accounting/Block Clerk (Former Employee) –  Airdrie, AB9 November 2018
Just one bad thing ~ SALARY!!! (not paid well)
Great staff including all management.
Loved working for the company.
Work environment was pleasant - GREAT
Relaxed atmosphere
Driver (Former Employee) –  Nisku, AB7 October 2018
the workplace was relaxed and allowed me to set my own hours, I really enjoy vehicles so it was interesting to see so many different kinds.

Management was approachable and seemed to care about their employees.
Fast pace
Receptionist (Current Employee) –  Nisku, AB22 September 2018
Work is a juggling act.

Nothing comes easy.

People are interesting.

The cafeteria is a bonus.

Team work is about communication.

Laid back environment.
Ayr Site is great
Driver (Current Employee) –  Ayr, ON7 September 2018
Fun bunch of people. Very accomodating with time off requests. There are always people who will not be the best to work anywhere with but overall from yard crew to management they are social & great to work with.
You must be apart of the click
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Rocky View, AB29 August 2018
Worked here for a few years but a very clicky place. The upper management use and abuse staff. They are the leaders of who they should talk to and promote not always on merrit. Company's benefits and RSP matching is a perk. Your usually overworked and under appreciated for any efforts. Any concerns you do bring forward are really not addressed and uaed against you at a later date. Team is far from what this company or employees are about or working towards all about pointing fingers classic management or employee move to throw a fellow employee under the bus.
Pros
Benifits and RSP
Cons
A company that only cares about the sale day and their customers, yard staff is at the bottom of the food chain.
Driver (Former Employee) –  Airdrie, Alberta29 August 2018
I'm not sure what management is like at other Adesa sites, but in Airdrie it is the most inept I have ever experienced. They talk the talk, but they do not walk the walk. Safety is a joke and working conditions are pathetic. There are only two things they worry about and that is the sale and the dealers, staff is secondary at least if you are paid hourly. Sales and office staff are the cream of the crop and the yard people are nothing. It would be interesting to see office and sales and managers set up the sale on their own without the peasants in the yard, it wouldn't happen. It is a great place if you only work part time and want a job where you can come and go as you please but I would not recommend full time to anyone. Low pay and no appreciation.
Pros
None, unless you are part time and do not really need the job.
Cons
Safety, working conditions and a lack of management.
London Ontario former employee
Yard Worker (Former Employee) –  London, ON29 August 2018
Work in the yard in the London Ontario branch for 6 months,, people in the office were great to work with but in the yard it was a very unhappy place to be, always the same 2 people arguing and talking about each other which caused others to be miserable and the yard was poorly managed with no direction or support,, only way i would go back is if 3 out of the 5 people in the yard were not working there,,
Pros
Decent hours
Cons
Lots of drama
fun
Vehicle Inspector (Current Employee) –  Richmond, BC11 March 2018
fun place to work
learned good life skills here too
pays is pretty good 15$ an hour
benefits if you work full time
lots of opportunities to move around in the company
Great job for retiree
Driver (Current Employee) –  Ayr, ON10 February 2018
Fun job as a driver if you like cars and driving. Great co-workers that are friendly and helpful. Great flexibility for retirees. Good positive attitude by management and workers.
Pros
Fun job, great co-workers
Cons
Minimum wage

Ask a question about working or interviewing at KAR Auction Services. Our community is ready to answer.