KAR Auction Services Employee Reviews

You must be apart of the click
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Rocky View, AB29 August 2018
Worked here for a few years but a very clicky place. The upper management use and abuse staff. They are the leaders of who they should talk to and promote not always on merrit. Company's benefits and RSP matching is a perk. Your usually overworked and under appreciated for any efforts. Any concerns you do bring forward are really not addressed and uaed against you at a later date. Team is far from what this company or employees are about or working towards all about pointing fingers classic management or employee move to throw a fellow employee under the bus.
Pros
Benifits and RSP
London Ontario former employee
Yard Worker (Former Employee) –  London, ON29 August 2018
Work in the yard in the London Ontario branch for 6 months,, people in the office were great to work with but in the yard it was a very unhappy place to be, always the same 2 people arguing and talking about each other which caused others to be miserable and the yard was poorly managed with no direction or support,, only way i would go back is if 3 out of the 5 people in the yard were not working there,,
Pros
Decent hours
Cons
Lots of drama
A company that only cares about the sale day and their customers, yard staff is at the bottom of the food chain.
Driver (Former Employee) –  Airdrie, Alberta29 August 2018
I'm not sure what management is like at other Adesa sites, but in Airdrie it is the most inept I have ever experienced. They talk the talk, but they do not walk the walk. Safety is a joke and working conditions are pathetic. There are only two things they worry about and that is the sale and the dealers, staff is secondary at least if you are paid hourly. Sales and office staff are the cream of the crop and the yard people are nothing. It would be interesting to see office and sales and managers set up the sale on their own without the peasants in the yard, it wouldn't happen. It is a great place if you only work part time and want a job where you can come and go as you please but I would not recommend full time to anyone. Low pay and no appreciation.
Pros
None, unless you are part time and do not really need the job.
Cons
Safety, working conditions and a lack of management.
Relaxed atmosphere
Driver (Former Employee) –  Nisku, AB7 October 2018
the workplace was relaxed and allowed me to set my own hours, I really enjoy vehicles so it was interesting to see so many different kinds.

Management was approachable and seemed to care about their employees.
Ayr Site is great
Driver (Current Employee) –  Ayr, ON7 September 2018
Fun bunch of people. Very accomodating with time off requests. There are always people who will not be the best to work anywhere with but overall from yard crew to management they are social & great to work with.
Fast pace
Receptionist (Current Employee) –  Nisku, AB22 September 2018
Work is a juggling act.

Nothing comes easy.

People are interesting.

The cafeteria is a bonus.

Team work is about communication.

Laid back environment.
Great job for retiree
Driver (Current Employee) –  Ayr, ON10 February 2018
Fun job as a driver if you like cars and driving. Great co-workers that are friendly and helpful. Great flexibility for retirees. Good positive attitude by management and workers.
Pros
Fun job, great co-workers
Cons
Minimum wage
Good job for casual employment
Professional Driver (Current Employee) –  Vancouver, BC26 November 2017
It's good if you are only looking for casual employment. The most enjoyable part of the job are the people that I work with. Management is concerned with employee happiness, but there is very little room for advancement, and there are no medical, dental etc.benefits if working casual.
Pros
Great Atmosphere
fun
Vehicle Inspector (Current Employee) –  Richmond, BC11 March 2018
fun place to work
learned good life skills here too
pays is pretty good 15$ an hour
benefits if you work full time
lots of opportunities to move around in the company
can be fun
Driver (Current Employee) –  halifax31 July 2017
no interaction between management and workers....job title does not entail what you really have to do....everyone thinks they are in charge and can be very intiminating at times.you drive some cars that should not be driven....lead driver vans are old and unsafe.schedules are great and you can pick your shift as you wish.
Pros
some people are very nice
Working for Adesa
Automotive inspector / Mobile Mechanic (Former Employee) –  Vancouver, BC11 April 2017
Working for Adesa Vancouver had its ups and downs . I did learn on working on automotive Inspections and mechanical . most enjoyable on the job was some of my co workers . They made the job fun . The bad part was moral on management . They make it harder on the job and did not make it any fun for the outside workers . Management always say the customer always come but there was one person said customers do not come first . The employees do . Take care of your employees and they will take care of your customers .
Very little or no contact whit upper management
Field representative for Autovin (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB19 March 2017
It was for me a very independent and fun work
enviroment, mostly because I loved to be on the Road and meet a lot of nice people at Car Dealer ships and also a new challenge inspecting Lease returned vehicles in three provinces. Not so great in poor weather conditions, driving conditions.Management
was ok until the work load dropped off an I was no longer needed.After that the most minute mistakes on data entry was played
out to be a dismissal mistake.
Pros
Independence most of the time
Cons
USA Corporation with no empathy for its Employees
Current employee
Vehicle Inspector (Current Employee) –  St. John's, NL28 December 2016
Worst company ever. If you are not on salary or have a nice cozy desk job, you will work your butt off and get crapped on constantly for very little money. They do not care at all for the hourly wages employees. Best thing to do to teach them all a lesson is if all the hourly wages employees went on strike and let them do the work and realize that hey....Maybe we should be paying our staff better because they do more work than the desk jockies.
Pros
Cons
Cares more about money than staff
Fun workplace, mostly driving all over Edmonton
Lead Driver, part time (Current Employee) –  Edmonton, AB5 October 2015
On Tuesday mornings, each person drives about 15 cars through their auction lane for bidding.

The remaining days, the lead driver takes five people in a van and drives to various car dealerships througout Edmonton and picks up cars/trucks for the Tuesday auction.

We have fun in the van, telling jokes and bugging each other, which is the most enjoyable part of the job. Also, the day goes by fast.
Cons
not guaranteed work shifts per week
Excellent Work Environment, Amazing Company
Accounting Department Manager, Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Richmond, BC11 November 2015
This company runs like a well-oiled machine. The staff are all happy and mainly long-term, management teams are well trained and knowledgeable about people practices. Everyone employed there knows their job and does it well, and with a positive attitude! This is an auto auction and the energy is high on Sale Days, it is exciting for everyone there. Best Employer Award.
Pros
Great environment, high pay, fun job
Great people, good management
Block Clerk (Former Employee) –  Enfield, NS17 November 2016
I enjoy my work at Adesa although the working conditions can be challenging. This comment relates only to the environment in that my job requires I work on the computer in an open garage type facility that gets very cold in the winter. It is sometimes difficult to work the mouse/keyboard as my hands get extremely cold.
Pros
Great people to work with.
Cons
Noisy, temperature fluctuations.
An effective workplace
Car Detailer (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON10 March 2015
Our work day used to carry the regular shift with proper refreshment brakes, providing enough opportunities to learn not only work culture but also the life values.
In the company of my co-workers i learnt how to manage my work properly well within stipulated time.
I also learnt how to enjoy hard things like repetitive work as well as i appreciated the enjoyment while doing power wash.
Not a bad place to work
Clerk, Reception (Former Employee) –  Vancouver, BC5 September 2017
Relatively a large company, which was nice. Learned a lot about vehicle auction process. Pay is a little low, but decent benefits. Little to no opportunity for advancements, however.
Bad management
Security Guard (Current Employee) –  Richmond, BC10 June 2016
Bad manager. Guards are asked to do garbage and other non security related duties. Impossible to do the number of rounds of patrol required, unless you go very fast, way above the speed limit. Don't care about employees safety.
Pros
Pay is average with benefits.
Cons
Manager is not educated nor trained for the job, unaccountable, unethical, always bullying workers.
I've had a repetitive job before but nothing like this
Vehicle Inspector (Former Employee) –  Nisku, AB17 December 2014
Way to repetitive, and no way to change otherwise or motivate.
Co-workers were extremely friendly and great to work with. Management was decent but nothing to exciting.
the job itself was just unbearable. Getting into it at first wasn't bad at all but after a while it was agonizing.
Pros
cafeteria!
Cons
way to repetative

Ask a question about working or interviewing at KAR Auction Services. Our community is ready to answer.