KAR Auction Services Employee Reviews

Production lines with cars and vehicles to get ready by time
Assistant (Former Employee) –  Brampton, ON22 March 2019
Its a very good company to start work with as trainee and grab good working training and experience.
Staff is too supportive and energetic.
Its a production line type, where vehicles need to get ready by time, all staff are coordinating and well behaved with everyone.
Good experience, good start, payment and structure all good.
Staff super friendly On job training was not very good
Commercial Account Rep (Former Employee) –  Leduc, AB14 February 2019
The position I had there was multiple of things to remember and to do and I feel like i was been pressured all the time to do things faster my trainer kept making me feel like i was not progressing fast enough.

Training terrible

Everything else great!
Pros
Friendly staff
Not the best place to work!
Clerk (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON9 February 2019
The person who was suppose to train me for the job was setting me up for failure. I was let go after 3 days even though I did everything I was asked to do. I don't feel bad since it was a chance for me to find a way better job which I love.
Pros
Not sure
Cons
Poor work conditions
Good work people
Accounting/Block Clerk (Former Employee) –  Airdrie, AB9 November 2018
Just one bad thing ~ SALARY!!! (not paid well)
Great staff including all management.
Loved working for the company.
Work environment was pleasant - GREAT
Relaxed atmosphere
Driver (Former Employee) –  Nisku, AB7 October 2018
the workplace was relaxed and allowed me to set my own hours, I really enjoy vehicles so it was interesting to see so many different kinds.

Management was approachable and seemed to care about their employees.
Fast pace
Receptionist (Current Employee) –  Nisku, AB22 September 2018
Work is a juggling act.

Nothing comes easy.

People are interesting.

The cafeteria is a bonus.

Team work is about communication.

Laid back environment.
Ayr Site is great
Driver (Current Employee) –  Ayr, ON7 September 2018
Fun bunch of people. Very accomodating with time off requests. There are always people who will not be the best to work anywhere with but overall from yard crew to management they are social & great to work with.
You must be apart of the click
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Rocky View, AB29 August 2018
Worked here for a few years but a very clicky place. The upper management use and abuse staff. They are the leaders of who they should talk to and promote not always on merrit. Company's benefits and RSP matching is a perk. Your usually overworked and under appreciated for any efforts. Any concerns you do bring forward are really not addressed and uaed against you at a later date. Team is far from what this company or employees are about or working towards all about pointing fingers classic management or employee move to throw a fellow employee under the bus.
Pros
Benifits and RSP
Cons
A company that only cares about the sale day and their customers, yard staff is at the bottom of the food chain.
Driver (Former Employee) –  Airdrie, Alberta29 August 2018
I'm not sure what management is like at other Adesa sites, but in Airdrie it is the most inept I have ever experienced. They talk the talk, but they do not walk the walk. Safety is a joke and working conditions are pathetic. There are only two things they worry about and that is the sale and the dealers, staff is secondary at least if you are paid hourly. Sales and office staff are the cream of the crop and the yard people are nothing. It would be interesting to see office and sales and managers set up the sale on their own without the peasants in the yard, it wouldn't happen. It is a great place if you only work part time and want a job where you can come and go as you please but I would not recommend full time to anyone. Low pay and no appreciation.
Pros
None, unless you are part time and do not really need the job.
Cons
Safety, working conditions and a lack of management.
London Ontario former employee
Yard Worker (Former Employee) –  London, ON29 August 2018
Work in the yard in the London Ontario branch for 6 months,, people in the office were great to work with but in the yard it was a very unhappy place to be, always the same 2 people arguing and talking about each other which caused others to be miserable and the yard was poorly managed with no direction or support,, only way i would go back is if 3 out of the 5 people in the yard were not working there,,
Pros
Decent hours
Cons
Lots of drama
fun
Vehicle Inspector (Current Employee) –  Richmond, BC11 March 2018
fun place to work
learned good life skills here too
pays is pretty good 15$ an hour
benefits if you work full time
lots of opportunities to move around in the company
Great job for retiree
Driver (Current Employee) –  Ayr, ON10 February 2018
Fun job as a driver if you like cars and driving. Great co-workers that are friendly and helpful. Great flexibility for retirees. Good positive attitude by management and workers.
Pros
Fun job, great co-workers
Cons
Minimum wage
Good job for casual employment
Professional Driver (Current Employee) –  Vancouver, BC26 November 2017
It's good if you are only looking for casual employment. The most enjoyable part of the job are the people that I work with. Management is concerned with employee happiness, but there is very little room for advancement, and there are no medical, dental etc.benefits if working casual.
Pros
Great Atmosphere
Easy work but miserable atmosphere (most of time)
Inspector (Current Employee) –  Brampton, ON20 November 2017
Always looking for new people to hire and the work is easy to learn/do.

The pay isn't great for the work/conditions.

You have to work outside in ANY weather (rain, snow, heat, etc.) and the company provides you with zero equipment or clothing to help deal with the elements. Expect to shell out money to buy warm clothes if you plan to stay on-board during the winter (I spent $300 on high-grade undergarments and winter clothing and still find myself feeling chilled to the bone on days).

While I've made a few friends here, the people aren't great...They're boisterous, disrespectful, ignorant, and almost always offensive. I'm not a particularly PC person but even I've found myself shocked at some of the "locker room" talk I've been apart of while working here. So be prepared for a real crass, working class, male dominated work environment.

Management is all over the place. I used to like my managers but the longer I've worked with ADESA, the longer I've felt ignored and misled. They also seem to expect you work overtime and will constantly pester you to do so but there is almost zero incentive work extra hours.

Also you'll be introduced to some very sketchy people/work practices. A lot of the dealers you'll encounter will raise plenty of ethical problems for you.
Pros
Occasional coffee or lunch (very rare)
Cons
Expected to work overtime, mediocre pay, outdoor work (in all weather conditions), inconsistent management, sketchy work practices
Not a bad place to work
Clerk, Reception (Former Employee) –  Vancouver, BC5 September 2017
Relatively a large company, which was nice. Learned a lot about vehicle auction process. Pay is a little low, but decent benefits. Little to no opportunity for advancements, however.
can be fun
Driver (Current Employee) –  halifax31 July 2017
no interaction between management and workers....job title does not entail what you really have to do....everyone thinks they are in charge and can be very intiminating at times.you drive some cars that should not be driven....lead driver vans are old and unsafe.schedules are great and you can pick your shift as you wish.
Pros
some people are very nice
Corporate America
Sales Representative (Current Employee) –  Richmond, BC12 July 2017
Hard place to get to, and a never ending fight to climb the "corporate ladder". Not the ideal place to expand a career, especially in the vehicle industry.
Pros
great benefits
Cons
American Company
Needs improvement
CSR - Call Centre Autovin Canada (Current Employee) –  Montréal, QC17 April 2017
The company relies too much on old ways and standards, and makes it hard to adapt to new technologies.
Management, tends to rule with an iron fist, rather than lead by example.
Cons
Ran by bosses and not leaders
Working for Adesa
Automotive inspector / Mobile Mechanic (Former Employee) –  Vancouver, BC11 April 2017
Working for Adesa Vancouver had its ups and downs . I did learn on working on automotive Inspections and mechanical . most enjoyable on the job was some of my co workers . They made the job fun . The bad part was moral on management . They make it harder on the job and did not make it any fun for the outside workers . Management always say the customer always come but there was one person said customers do not come first . The employees do . Take care of your employees and they will take care of your customers .
Very little or no contact whit upper management
Field representative for Autovin (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB19 March 2017
It was for me a very independent and fun work
enviroment, mostly because I loved to be on the Road and meet a lot of nice people at Car Dealer ships and also a new challenge inspecting Lease returned vehicles in three provinces. Not so great in poor weather conditions, driving conditions.Management
was ok until the work load dropped off an I was no longer needed.After that the most minute mistakes on data entry was played
out to be a dismissal mistake.
Pros
Independence most of the time
Cons
USA Corporation with no empathy for its Employees

Ask a question about working or interviewing at KAR Auction Services. Our community is ready to answer.