Kaplan

Kaplan Employee Reviews

Canada13 reviews
I learned to build relationships and liaise with people at all levels
while offering excellent customer service, realizing the importance of understanding clients’ needs and expectations while enjoying working with agents from all over the world not just with agents from my direct market (Latin America).
as a research and study group manager, I was in charge of R&D for Kaplan. They provide great support for all health care workers and educators. I will definitely recommend working here.
I highly enjoyed the experience and training provided. Great staff and management was very supportive. I highly recommend Kaplan as an employer. Great downtown location too.
This was a stressful place to work and you could not depend on a class opening or any back up from the management. You are not rewarded for your degree or experience. You are constantly forced to take new training, workshops, and seminars without compensation. Some last a week or more. They will take a class from you and give it to a faculty member without warning. There is no loyalty to the professors or respect of any kind. This is a terrible company to work for. They refuse to give recommendations for anyone and it is impossible to have contact with those in management. There are no benefits. Your work hard, teach your courses, and there are crickets at the other end. There are no raises are moving up in this organization.

If you refuse to teach a course you do not feel qualified for or the class seems completely useless. They will punish you by withholding classes from you for months at a time.
Very friendly environment. Good working conditions. Meeting with new comers and help them for their days in Canada. Improving your language and communication skills.
Had a great time getting to understand Kaplan products and services and being able to explain them to other students. Upper management is super friendly and guide you through everything
The role of the Student Ambassador is to be a positive role model and mentor to other students. This is achieved by assisting staff with translation issues; listening to students concerns and forwarding them to the services they need; sharing their experiences of studying in school; and assisting with the delivery of activities that take place in school. In addition, Student Ambassadors also represent the wider student population and attend regular meetings with Kaplan staff in which they feedback any comments or concerns on behalf of students. Student Ambassadors are also asked to provide input into decisions that are to be made in school if appropriate.
The most enjoyable part of this job is the opportunity to meet people from all over the world and share with them.
Pros
Great Live Experience
Cons
I doesn't have any cons.
At Kaplan Test Prep, being a student ambassador means communicating efficiently with clubs, promoting the brand on social media. The workplace culture is fantastic because it allows me to work with like minded individuals also interested in marketing.
Pros
healthy relationship with employer
Cons
Excellent environment and coworkers. They give you all the tools needed to grow within the company. If you are a hard worker and enjoy dealing with people, this is the best place for you.
Pros
Friendly Staff
Cons
great learning environment. President was very helpful in guiding the student and interns in the right direction. taught me had to run a business from the point of the Vice President and what was expected.
Pros
na
Cons
na
Great place to work, amazing staff, teachers, students, management and benefits. A company that knows what team work really means and is always there to help and support you.
Pros
great co-workers and benefits
Cons
nothing
A typical day involved managing staff and teachers, teacher roster, monitor classes, overlooking condition of classes and center, customer service, hiring and training, accounting, marketing, sales, inventory and sourcing suppliers.
My job involved managing and coaching my staff and teachers to help improve performance and help them use their strong skills. Helped motivate students and coach them on dealing with stress. Trained teacher on handling touch situations in classes.
Pros
had a great team, helped me use my multitasking skills, coaching and customer service skills.
Cons
Productive and fun workplace, nice staff to work with, lots of ressources. Good management. Good work area.
Pros
free lunches sometimes, good outings
Cons
long hours sometimes