Kananaskis Country Golf Course

Kananaskis Country Golf Course Employee Reviews

Met tons of great new people there, however the pay could have been better. That being said, the atmosphere was always super positive and was a very well ran course.
Cons
Had our tips shared with everyone
I had never been away from home before and found the environment to be welcoming and made me feel incredibly comfortable right away. I found the management to be awesome as they found the balance between being able to talk to you as a friend as well as still maintaining a level of authority. Overall it was a great experience and would 100% recommend to anyone that loves golf, nature, as well as being apart of a team atmosphere.
Pros
Golf
Cons
Far from any stores
If you’re looking for a great summer job in the mountains, this is the job you want. Whether you’re outside in the sun all morning/afternoon working on the course or serving on the patio in a fast paced restaurant there’s a fun position for you. You can commute from the city, Cochrane or Canmore but I highly recommend taking advantage of the accommodations. This job also includes your chance to learn a new sport or play golf on one of the most beautiful courses in Alberta. Why not work a long morning and play 18 in the late afternoon?
Pros
Tips (food &Beverage) discounts on food, gear/products and Golf!
Cons
Long hours (but that can be a good thing!), vehicle needed (1 hour from city, but there’s accommodations)
Would NOT recommend working at Kananaskis! - Management controls you at work and your home life. Do something at your accommodation your likely to get a talking to at work the next day.- Was always to be the staff's fault if something went wrong. Management never took any responsibility.- Staff weren't on their priority list to keep happy! Only golfers were - Job description sounds like it's straight from a movie. It is to good to be true!!
Pros
Golf (which you still have to pay for)
Cons
The last year at Kananaskis (summit restaurant & the snacks shacks) has seen a major improvement in management! The work-life-balance, work benefits in the valley, and room for advancement is exceptional! Definitely recommend working in Kananaskis if you’re looking for an adventure filled summer in the Rocky Mountains!
Pros
Golf discounts
Do not be deceived by this “PERFECT” job description. Even though you work in the most beautiful place in Alberta, it is not worth it. Although it’s the perfect work-life balance, you get to work outside in the sun all day and the work is enjoyable...the management is horrible. Management in the Kananskis valley controls almost every aspect of your life. If you don’t do your dishes at staff acom, don’t be surprised if you’re raking bunkers for weeks at work. If you have a little too much to drink at the bar in the village, you will surely get spoken to at work the next day. And that’s just skimming the surface, your social life is associated with work in ways you could never even imagine. If you ever have any positive input to contribute to the teams efficiency, you will be told you are undermining management. They will bully you, manipulate you and your boss will talk negatively about you behind your back to co-workers. Be prepared to have your education, skills, and personality degraded all summer long.
Pros
Easy work, mountain culture
Cons
Management, no fitness facility, no grocery stores nearby
It’s unfortunate that I had to leave the golf course mid season. I thoroughly enjoyed the work I did and the people I worked with. I also felt the work life balance was perfect BUT DO NOT BE FOOLEDThe management here at Kananaskis is that of a dictatorship where you are expendable, they do not care in the slightest and will walk all over you to make themselves look better. I was bullied and harassed all season and for this reason DO NOT WORK THERE
Pros
Shift length
Cons
Everything else
The Turf Care Department is a wonderful department, especially if you want to be able to explore the mountains and golf. There is no typical day in Turf Care. You are often doing something different, and learning something new. Having said that, you will have a consistent schedule and hours. You will know what weeks you work well in advance, and you work early mornings, and finish in the early afternoon. Personally, I learned a lot in the position, especially when it came to golf and Turf Care, but also the workings of specialized equipment. The department is managed by several individuals, each with their different levels of knowledge and experience. They are a newer team and therefore are constantly growing. The hardest part of the job is certainly being able to remain positive in all weather. Rain or shine, the Turf team is working and it can be hard to remain enthusiastic when you are soaked, head to toe. Having said that, I believe that overall the job was very enjoyable.You get to work outside and work on an incredible course with a diverse group of individuals. Being finished so early in the day allows you to really enjoy the area. Whether you want to hike, golf, swim or relax, you always have the time to do so. Overall, being in Kananaskis, and on the Turf Care Team is a wonderful experience, and is perfect for those who are willing to work, and want to explore more of the mountains.
Pros
Discounted Golf, Consistent Hours, Off Work Early, Affordable Housing, Discounts At Nearby Businesses, Nearby Hiking Trails, Nearby Lakes
Cons
Have to drive to work, Isolated (Canmore has the closest Grocery Store), No Work Out Facility, Pay for Postal Box
Amazing crew to work with all around. Has it's drama like any place of work. Managers are amazing and mostly understanding. downside, there is no HR, so any issues you have to trust your department manager to deal with but lots of things go un resolved and Kitchen staff are underpaid compared to surrounding businesses. However best staff accommodations between Kananaskis and Banff. 10/10 would recommend working here.
Waking up at the crack of dawn to set the course up for 400 new guests was hard, but worth the smiles that come through the door. Staying till the sun goes down and the last golfer has come off the course in pitch black to hear about the 3 great shots they had makes your day!! Our role was to provide and oasis way from the city and just enjoy your day of golf. Some of my co-workers turned out to be some of my greatest friends, these people you are working side by side everyday and consistently exploring new mountain tops with.
A typical day at work involved greeting and serving customers as well as cleaning and organizing the restaurant and snack shack. I learned the vaue of hard work as well as the ability to work independantly in abusy setting.
Pros
flexible schedule
Cons
lack of hours