Kal Tire Employee Review

over promised and under delivered...
Store Manager (Former Employee) –  Maple Ridge, BC2 April 2014
No matter whom you interview with or what position you interview for, your experience will be the same. “You’re going to be a store manager making upwards of $90,000/yr. inside of 2 years!” that’s the line everyone gets. What they don’t tell you is that they are hiring 20 of you in the area and in the end there may only be 2-3 openings. They say you don’t ever have to transfer to another location if you don’t want to. “You always have the final say” the truth is if you ever try to say no they tell you that if you say no now you may not be asked next time. Everything is run by intimidation.
In the end you’ll end up working 12-13 hours a day for around $50,000/yr. with no real future for growth. The culture the company has is amazing; they just don’t always live by it. They have these core values they call “Aims” and at the top of that list are customers then their people and then profit. Unfortunately the Sr. management team in the Vancouver area sees it as profit first and everything else can take a back seat.
Take my review for what it is. I’m an ex-employee (who quit, not fired) but my view is based on my experience. There are some very good people who care a lot working there. However there are the other kind of people there as well.

Other Kal Tire Employee Reviews

Great place
Tire Technician (Former Employee) –  Drayton Valley, AB2 April 2018
Good place for the physically driven people. Managment and employees all made that place enjoyable to work at, lots of room for advancement. With the option of relocating all over Canada
Pros
great place
Cons
low pay
Very hard working people who take their job seriously but know how to joke around
Helper (Former Employee) –  New Westminster, BC31 March 2018
Very good job especially for me at the time (was 16.) Theyre big on safety and customer satisfaction. however they're very nice and funny people! some days can be very slow or very busy depending on the season.
Pros
monthly partners meetings. music
Cons
can get mentally draining

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Kal Tire. Our community is ready to answer.