Kal Tire
Here to help: Coronavirus update

Kal Tire Employee Reviews

Canada554 reviews
fun, yet competitive environment. tough place to learn.
fast paced environment, tough to learn at first. great people. many mixed personalities can be conflicting during tough days. overall great experience. wouldn't recommend to weak minded individuals.
Helpful people but care for staff is not a very good
Would not go back only hire for the contract time so they don’t have to provide benefits
. While I was their on the contract some staff were helpful but others seemed rude. Some of team members would talk about other staff behind their backs. Not the greatest atmosphere.
Pros
Cons
Use staff
Great Company
I had some personal health problems at the time I needed medication which I found out after I quit
Overall I was proud to work at Kal Tire Management was Great
productive days collecting money and issuing credit
From start of the day until you finish your day you are busy. You must have time management skills or you will not get the jobs finished. Strict policies and safety protocols.
friendly environment , and fun to work kal tire team work
I start working with kal tire in 2017 according to the interview that I did
with the manager , and I was afraid in the beginning for a new home owner in a new city .

but after that I realized it was very easy job for me as a professional

automotive tech .

I would like to thank Kal Tire to having me working for them .
Kaltire as a company is great but can be stressful on which locations you get
I have worked in 5 different Kaltire store locations in Edmonton. Great place to work during winter and spring season since they will hire a lot during these times to cope with the increased workload and you get your worth of 80 hours per pay but the overtime is another story I am not gonna get into. after the busy season they will pick the ones that stand out from the new hires and they will either keep them or send them to other stores that needs more people to keep each stores with adequate number of team members. Then you get to the off season some days are okay, you get decent amount of vehicles to work on and some days are not. During this time that's when they will give you lesser work days, to the point that having barely any hours, you're lucky to get 60 hours per paycheck. But what i personally think that can make or break a company depends on which store and the mentality of the management. Each and every store has their own plans some stores stick with said plans and some break it in couple days. most of the time they expect you to finish a truck the same time as to finish a small sedan. i think the hardest part of the job is if your job title at Kaltire is sales and service that no matter how much sweat or tears you give that has no value whatsoever "Do a million things right and people only see the one thing you did wrong". Best part of the job is having that team building experience with people that you work with. The friendly competitiveness of who can finish a job faster in certain times. or just simply singing along with the radio. in Summary GREAT place to - more...
good
very nice shop, the tire techs can jet the jobs done fairly quick faster than I usually expect. clean and well run auto shop and they have a truck shop too.
An excellent company to work with.
I've been with Kal Tire since August 2017. I started out as a part-time Customer Service Representative in the Retail Service Centre/Call Centre. While working there I also had the opportunity to work in the Payroll department part-time moving into a fulltime/permanent position in April 2019. I love working for Kal Tire. The company looks out for their Team Members and treats us fairly. I would recommend working for them to family, friends and acquaintances.

I
do a good job and get rewarded
they expect a lot from their employees but reward a job well done.
At the time the company was going though a transition and there were too many chiefs.Although I left on bad terms Kal Tire is still a good place to work.Would I work there again? Probably But it would have to be after

some negotiations.
Good working environment
Team members are supportive and good to work with. Work is varied and challenging. Many changes taking place in the IT environment, constant challenges to meet.
terrible company to work for.
terrible company to work for. They cut every corner they can, upsell and overcharge as much as possible. The pay is just plain bad. Worst management in the business. The management fast-track program guarantee it will stay that way. I wouldn't wish this job on anyone.
Pros
Benifits
Cons
Literally everything else.
fast paced atmosphere with great benefits
A standard work day at kal tire as a automotive mechanic consists of alignments, brakes, suspension work, oil changes and preventative maintenance. as the long at the shop is busy and your busy making the require labour expectations your ok. if its slow and your not busy your expected to find work and if theres no work to be found chances are your going home. all jobs are expected to be completed as fast as possible. (same as any shop) down sides are bookings are not always very well done therefore alot of times you will be over lapped with jobs
A great work experience.
I really enjoyed my time at Kal tire. I found it was perfect for getting started in the automotive field. It was stressful during winter tire season. The main issue I had during my time here was the lack of machines for the amount of work we had. we had 3 bays dedicated to tires but only 2 sets of working equipment (there was 3 sets but 1 tire changer and 1 balancer always seemed to break).
A mixed bag
Working at Kal Tire can be good depending on your location however they try to get people into their shop during the busy season, promising a permanent position. However, when it comes to a slow period, they lay people off very easily. Would not recommend
Focus on supportive work environments
Senior Management truly invests in a supportive work environment. However, lower levels of Management are competitive and do not always support lower level employees.
Not a good place
When I started at Kal tire as a manager in training it all seemed to good to be true, sadly it was. I worked 80hrs a week with no extra pay, I did everything they asked of me but when I had another child and couldn't do 80hrs a week anymore suddenly I wasnt working hard enough.
Terrible place to work do not work for Kal Tire, they lie to you, they lie to customers and they lie to each other.
Hard working pace, and the management/front counter think of themselves as the best guys.
My experience kal tire was lot of cons, but few pros, and it was hard to balance life while working hours you can’t rest fully from. Also they treat the employees like dirt, and expect them to do everything there is no team effort in kal. It’s just the management but I would recommend somewhere that’ll give you opportunities to move forward, and become better as employee and member.
Pros
If you’re good worker, wicked good skills to have.
Cons
The make you do lots of work and expect all of it done, long hours, and management thinks they’re the holy grail of the shop.
Fast-paced and seasonally based industry leads to a tight-knit culture
The industry is seasonally based, so it is extremely fast paced with a steep learning curve where attention to detail is absolutely paramount. However, the culture is great with many career possibilities for those who demonstrate the right attitude and aptitude.
Kal tire
Well organized company with a good group of benefit packages for you to choose from. Wages were less than other shops and expectations were usually higher.
Work Review
While i was working there i learned a lot of skills that will help me in the future in the business and in life. the people there are very nice and it is a good work environment.
work hard play hard
competitive, structured, regular meetings for "team members" to self evaluate performance, constructive team annalists of current performance, new polices, job opportunities. and supplied meal (home cooked or take out.). positive work environment. outside group activities organized by team members, paid and participated by manager.
Great place.. work hard/play hard.

would recommend to anyone.