Kaizen Automotive Group Employee Reviews

Positive
Inventory Photographer (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB18 May 2018
Worked autonomously but within the marketing department. Pragmatic and always looking for better more efficient ways to perform duties, and as a company to improve internal processes, but also customer experiences.
best people to work with
Customer Service Representative/Service Reception (Current Employee) –  Calgary, AB11 April 2018
I worked in the service department and used car department at cmp auto, I have never worked with such amazing genuine people. Its a great place to work, everyone is very supportive and accommodating.
Come for the vehicles, leave when you're ready to grow.
Manager Summit Fleet (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB10 April 2018
Overall, Kaizen Group is a relatively positive place to work. Extremely lacking in mid-level and senior management leadership, there's room for serious improvement in those areas. HR representation is almost non-existent, so don't expect to be treated fairly. Your overall focus in any position will be growing the company, not your personal growth. I learned a fair bit in the roles I held, however, the company is definitely not invested in you as an individual. Don't expect to be promoted unless you can become 'teacher's pet', and look out for yourself.
Pros
Good employee pricing on vehicles.
Cons
Indeed wouldn't let me type them all out.
Official response from Kaizen Automotive Group
4 May 2018

We very much appreciate your feedback. It is very unfortunate that somebody felt that way while working for our organization. At Summit Fleet we believe in professional as well as emotional development of our people as we understand that as organization we are as strong as our weakest link. In the last couple years we have implemented different training and development programs and will continue doing that because we believe in the power of motivated, happy and skilled people working with us. That being said we will continue improving our processes, staff development/training programs and overall atmosphere in the organization.

Terrible service manager
Detailer (Former Employee) –  oko2 April 2018
service manager does not care about anything but hitting numbers. she made everyone hate work and doesn't understand how to be a manager. Do not work here until she is gone.
Pros
shop foreman and other techs
Cons
Service manager, no overtime pay
Official response from Kaizen Automotive Group
11 May 2018

We have strong employee retention but it sounds like we missed the mark with helping you individually. We are a performance based company and strive to always be better. Thanks for the feedback so we can better our coaching techniques.

Awesome place to work
Sales (Former Employee) –  CMP- Calgary12 February 2018
I love CMP. I had to move but will miss CMP. They have high standards and value their each employee. They put time in training you to get you running. I would recommend CMP and Kaizen any day! I have learned a ton that will be beneficial in my life. Sales managers were great and eager to help and train when needed. Kaizen treated me fairly and was very transparent if I had questions. Kaizen lets you run your own "business" without the risk. They will invest in you to build your customers and continue to build you own book of customers for repeat customers. Great company and great people!
Pros
-Great work atmosphere
Cons
-They are like my family and will be missed
KAIZEN Autogroup is a place to learn and advance
Fixed ops (Current Employee) –  KAIZEN autogrooup31 January 2018
I have learned a lot from the Kaizen Autogroup it has offered me lots of training and helped me set a career path. They challenge me everyday to be better. The group of people I work with directly and indirectly all are great , I always feel like they have my best interest.
It’s a great place to work and have a career with
Pros
Lots of room for advancement, progressive company
Sales Manager (Former Employee) –  Various27 January 2018
Great place to work with opportunities for advancement. I started with no experience and was promoted over the years through various stores. The company is constantly growing and acquiring new stores.
Great Work Environment
Administrator (Current Employee) –  Calgary, AB5 January 2018
Working with Kaizen is one of the best jobs I have had, there is a fun relaxed environment where you are encouraged to voice your ideas. There is a high level of respect around the office and I really enjoy going to work each day.
Forward thinking workplace with a great Marketing Department
Marketing (Current Employee) –  Calgary, AB5 January 2018
This group pushes the boundaries of the auto industry. I work on the corporate side of the business and have been impressed with the people involved. Kaizen is a quickly expanding company and yet still has a family feel to the workplace. The Marketing Department is awesome and is an amazing place to work within the company.
Always Challenging (in good ways)
Sales Representative (Current Employee) –  Calgary, AB23 October 2017
Love working here! It's hard work, but that's what should be expected. Lots of opportunities to advance when you're found to be putting in the effort.

Of course the hours are going to be long - you have to work hard. You're faced with new and unique challenges daily.
Pros
Great team building, respectable people, challenge, fair compensation
Cons
Worst place I have ever worked.
Advisor (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB20 September 2017
Management is terrible, they do not care about employees or customers only the bottom line. Workers are encouraged to sell things to customers that are not needed. Management threatens job security everyday, puts off the impression that they are willing to help employee succeed but really they lack the knowledge to do so. Favorites are played constantly, rules are only applicable to certain people, benefits are terrible, working hours are 630- to 600pm even though they will tell you different in your interview. Staff is subjected to managements mood swings this can range from a nasty comment to loosing your job. They put up a good front but don't be fooled this is the worst place to work.
Pros
Cons
Management, long hours, no time off
Bad management
Automotive Technician (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB30 August 2017
Working with them for 9 years + get injury (permanent) switched to different department to get recover after months in new job service Director Manager come in and give me lead off raison not happy customer
Real is cause by shorts in Technician also bring people's (Technician) from over sease no english and get other Technician to make translation for them and all its our faults what excuses.
Also get promoted twice Technician of the years and best .
What bad company not helping her workers get away from them when get hurt.
Pros
Technician
Embarrassing experience
Prepper (Former Employee) –  Fort McMurray, AB23 July 2017
management doesnt know the first thing about autobody,and it funnels down from there.promise you stable position when the heats on and. then when everything gets caught up yr out the door and if they dont like you,you may find yourself getting fired for something rediculous.if you have alot of experience,your a threat to the ones already there and if your green.be prepared for alot of frustration .its not the place for you.it all happens in three months soon as benefits kick in your done.I know this to be true because i used to work there.
Pros
boarding rooms
Cons
management experience in autobody
fun place
Service Advisor (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB13 June 2017
I loved working here, the people, managers all got along well. it was a great place to be. hard work was recognized. and appreciated......................
Great opportuntiy to work for a growing business
Administrative Support (Current Employee) –  Calgary, AB29 May 2017
I work Monday-Friday with flexibility in my start time (kids). I was given a role that new and have been allowed to develop the workday to meet expectations from my immediate boss. I've noticed they have added some new roles to help develop more company culture efforts are being made to get employees thoughts about how the company is moving.
Pros
Flexible work hours, knowledgable peers, growth opportunities
Horrible place
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB11 May 2017
Was good at first, terrible managers, terrible service dept, some of the staff are great others need a good kick in the teeth. Entire dealership and company is a joke, pay always gets screwed with and it's always missing money hoping you won't notice
Pros
Free lunch Saturday
Cons
Management, service dept, owners, lack of maintenance on building, constant threats of job loss, constant mistakes from finance and management as well as damage always caused by detailers
Fast paced
Event Staff (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB8 April 2017
As one of the largest vehicle dealerships in western Canada, there is always lots to do. Customer relationships was important in all aspects of the dealership
no integrity or support for employees
Sales Support Specialist (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB5 April 2017
horrible company to work for. empty Promises for training. people got fired for not doing their jobs that they weren't trained for. Rather than meet employees concerns etc. They transfer them to a different dealership just long enough to let them go within 3months. No integrity what so ever!!!
Pros
work mates good to work with
Cons
no integrity or property management.
High pesure and over heated building
Customer Service Specialist (Current Employee) –  CMP22 March 2017
To much pressure and too much using the economic situation to threaten employee's. Sales focus has to be to the benefit of the company even if it is unethical
Pros
Cons
forced presure
Typical Automotive Store
Financial Services Manager (Former Employee) –  Calgary, ab21 March 2017
Typical day was a position that was almost always open to close, 8-8, 5 days a week and 8-5 Saturdays. I was able to learn the ability to handle large volume of work. Direct management was ok, although the higher levels did not allow for great encouragement of staff or motivation. Workplace culture was very difficult with very little personal encouragement or praise. The best part of the job was direct involvement with immediate peers.
Pros
lots of work
Cons
very long hours

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Kaizen Automotive Group. Our community is ready to answer.

Kaizen Automotive Group Reviews by Location