Kaizen Automotive Group Employee Reviews

No Support... Then Blame Everything on You to SAVE FACE
Apparent Stupid Idiot (Former Employee) –  Alberta31 October 2018
I think the "review summary" says it all. Constantly suggested improvements only to be shot down or ignored. Had meeting that was rescheduled 5 times (over a 5 week period) to discuss solutions and let go prior to the last scheduled meeting. I didn't need a babysitter, thankfully, but I did seek an intelligent, ethical, and an "eager to improve" leadership style. I could not find that with the management I was directly involved with. I admit when I have made a mistake, and I have shoulders big enough to take the blame of someone else's mistake, but to be let go because of an issue I tried to resolve over and over (5 times in fact) is proof that something is majorly askew.
Pros
Great Co-Workers
Cons
Deaf Ears
Great Company, Great Management, Great Staff, Great Experience
Bodyman (Current Employee) –  Fort McMurray, AB30 October 2018
I started with Kaizen Automotive a couple of years ago in an entry level position. I was welcomed into a friendly environment with informative and helpful staff. During my time with the company so far I have been able to learn the workings of a bodyshop and management pushed me to further my position in the industry and gave me the tools and motivation to further my career. Since beginning I have been able to advance and have always felt I was a part of a team, or family environment. I look forward to many more years with this company and the people who make it home. I highly recommend the company to anyone looking to get into the industry or anyone looking for a place to exercise their current skills.
horrid place to work. avoid service department until a complete turnover has happened
Service Advisor (Former Employee) –  Okotoks, AB21 October 2018
A horrible place to be. very toxic. the manager is selfish and only cares about herself. makes it miserable for all staff. techs, advisors ect. Sets you up for failure and humiliation with customers. doesn’t care at all about the customer and is only about the numbers. it’s understandable to want good numbers but your customers pay you rent.. better start caring about them. pay sucks. they force you to make calls to the customer asking that they give you only a 10 on a survey and nothing less. felt like i was bothering them and begging for something that is suppose to be for them. okotoks gm isn’t that busy and it’s due to how much they screw the customers. parts department gouges them and it’s a accelerated hourly rate on top of it. Rips people off bad enough a person paid money to put a decal on there vehicle that states “just another guy screwed over by okotoks gmc” this place has a complete potential to be a great place to not only work but to thrive financially but there to greedy and the management is terrible. until those are fixed i would avoid this place like the plague.
Pros
shop foreman and most techs are amazing
Cons
horrible management. money greedy. customers don’t mean anything. list can go on and on
Worst management in a body shop ever!
Bodyman (Former Employee) –  Shaw GMC Bodyshop20 October 2018
After working in the body shop for a short time I learned a lot. The back end staff are absolutely the best around. The top management are absolutely the worst! What they won’t tell you is that you will never get any sort of raise, or bonuses, they told one co-worker to sell his home. They are the most dishonest group I’ve ever worked for! They are the lowest paying in the city! I left the body shop and now making $12 more an hour than their industrial painter and told that’s the industry rate! The top 2 managers will do whatever it takes to keep the employees down! The best decision I ever made was to leave the Shaw body shop! Never believe anything they say! I’ve heard them talk down about the staff behind their back and call them useless idiots, they will starve you out of work if the don’t like you as they did with me. Id never work for such horrible people ever again! If you do have to work their talk to the staff in the back first! They know the truth about the place! You’ll starve before seeing a raise!
Pros
Excellent bodymen and painters
Cons
Worst management ever, below average wages
29 October 2018

Thank you for your feedback. We are sorry to hear about your experience. I would like the opportunity to discuss further the issues you encountered while you were here. We pride our shop with dealing with issues and learning from the experiences of our staff . We regularly do market surveys to make sure we stay competitive, and our last employee engagement survey was very positive.

Please reach out to me at sbillings@kaizenauto.com so we can understand and learn from any outstanding issues.

Steve Billings
Director of Bodyshop Operations

It’s a great place to work...
Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB29 September 2018
Especially if you enjoy having your pay cheque screwed up. Consistently. Then waiting months to get them to fix it while being told they’ll review it and then ghosting soon after. Still waiting for a resolution.

The hours are normal for the industry but the financial rewards rarely match. If it’s a career you want, great but there are other dealer groups to cut your chops with. The current compensation structure is not in line with the way cars are bought and sold now.
Pros
Free lunch on Saturdays
Cons
Incompetent Payroll Department
9 October 2018

As a company we strive to ensure payroll is correct 100% of the time and seek to rectify any payroll issues as soon as we are made aware of them. Commission sales for many people is a very rewarding career and we are happy to provide full disclosure on how commissions are paid to any of our consultants. Thank you for your feedback.

Zero training upper management doesn’t train there staff
Emoloyee (Current Employee) –  Calgary22 September 2018
GM at the Nisssan stores is inexperienced micromanaging abusive man. No support or training for the staff just yelling and bullying. Long hours little pay and no respect
Cons
Very inexperienced upper Management
26 October 2018

Thank you for your feedback. We are disappointed to hear your experience was less than positive. We are working hard to continually improve and have made some positive strides at building our team here at Nissan. Best of luck in your future endeavors

Shaun Kos
General Manager
Kaizen Automotive

Bullying, high pressure, no support
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Country Hills, AB19 September 2018
The GM at the new location was so toxic that he forced a coworker to work more than 13 hours everyday. I don't know if he still works there.
The finance guy was also a nightmare.
Pros
Life experience
Cons
No support, verbal abuse, hated coming in to work
29 October 2018

Shaun Kos
General Manager

Horrible place
Bodyman (Former Employee) –  Body shop26 August 2018
Horrible management, they promise you the world and don’t deliver. No training, belittle employees, lie about everything, managers only care about themselves and don’t care about the staff. Never delivered on any promises made when hired. It’s a get experience then leave place! Do not work in the body shop!!! They will screw you over! No appreciation whatsoever!!
9 October 2018

Thank you for taking the time to give us your feedback. I would like to hear from you regarding the issues you felt that were unresolved. We do pride our company with training and working closely with all employee concerns.
Please e-mail me @ sbillings@kaizenauto.com so I can understand your situation and work towards any solutions that may help us in the future.

Steve Billings
Director of Body Shop

Positive
Inventory Photographer (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB18 May 2018
Worked autonomously but within the marketing department. Pragmatic and always looking for better more efficient ways to perform duties, and as a company to improve internal processes, but also customer experiences.
best people to work with
Customer Service Representative/Service Reception (Current Employee) –  Calgary, AB11 April 2018
I worked in the service department and used car department at cmp auto, I have never worked with such amazing genuine people. Its a great place to work, everyone is very supportive and accommodating.
Come for the vehicles, leave when you're ready to grow.
Manager Summit Fleet (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB10 April 2018
Overall, Kaizen Group is a relatively positive place to work. Extremely lacking in mid-level and senior management leadership, there's room for serious improvement in those areas. HR representation is almost non-existent, so don't expect to be treated fairly. Your overall focus in any position will be growing the company, not your personal growth. I learned a fair bit in the roles I held, however, the company is definitely not invested in you as an individual. Don't expect to be promoted unless you can become 'teacher's pet', and look out for yourself.
Pros
Good employee pricing on vehicles.
Cons
Indeed wouldn't let me type them all out.
4 May 2018

We very much appreciate your feedback. It is very unfortunate that somebody felt that way while working for our organization. At Summit Fleet we believe in professional as well as emotional development of our people as we understand that as organization we are as strong as our weakest link. In the last couple years we have implemented different training and development programs and will continue doing that because we believe in the power of motivated, happy and skilled people working with us. That being said we will continue improving our processes, staff development/training programs and overall atmosphere in the organization.

Terrible service manager
Detailer (Former Employee) –  oko2 April 2018
service manager does not care about anything but hitting numbers. she made everyone hate work and doesn't understand how to be a manager. Do not work here until she is gone.
Pros
shop foreman and other techs
Cons
Service manager, no overtime pay
11 May 2018

We have strong employee retention but it sounds like we missed the mark with helping you individually. We are a performance based company and strive to always be better. Thanks for the feedback so we can better our coaching techniques.

Awesome place to work
Sales (Former Employee) –  CMP- Calgary12 February 2018
I love CMP. I had to move but will miss CMP. They have high standards and value their each employee. They put time in training you to get you running. I would recommend CMP and Kaizen any day! I have learned a ton that will be beneficial in my life. Sales managers were great and eager to help and train when needed. Kaizen treated me fairly and was very transparent if I had questions. Kaizen lets you run your own "business" without the risk. They will invest in you to build your customers and continue to build you own book of customers for repeat customers. Great company and great people!
Pros
-Great work atmosphere
Cons
-They are like my family and will be missed
KAIZEN Autogroup is a place to learn and advance
Fixed ops (Current Employee) –  KAIZEN autogrooup31 January 2018
I have learned a lot from the Kaizen Autogroup it has offered me lots of training and helped me set a career path. They challenge me everyday to be better. The group of people I work with directly and indirectly all are great , I always feel like they have my best interest.
It’s a great place to work and have a career with
Pros
Lots of room for advancement, progressive company
Sales Manager (Former Employee) –  Various27 January 2018
Great place to work with opportunities for advancement. I started with no experience and was promoted over the years through various stores. The company is constantly growing and acquiring new stores.
Great Work Environment
Administrator (Current Employee) –  Calgary, AB5 January 2018
Working with Kaizen is one of the best jobs I have had, there is a fun relaxed environment where you are encouraged to voice your ideas. There is a high level of respect around the office and I really enjoy going to work each day.
Forward thinking workplace with a great Marketing Department
Marketing (Current Employee) –  Calgary, AB5 January 2018
This group pushes the boundaries of the auto industry. I work on the corporate side of the business and have been impressed with the people involved. Kaizen is a quickly expanding company and yet still has a family feel to the workplace. The Marketing Department is awesome and is an amazing place to work within the company.
Potential for Growth
Administration (Current Employee) –  Calgary, AB3 January 2018
Kaizen Automotive Group provides great growth opportunities within the company. The positive and friendly work environment always makes it easier to come to work.
Always Challenging (in good ways)
Sales Representative (Current Employee) –  Calgary, AB23 October 2017
Love working here! It's hard work, but that's what should be expected. Lots of opportunities to advance when you're found to be putting in the effort.

Of course the hours are going to be long - you have to work hard. You're faced with new and unique challenges daily.
Pros
Great team building, respectable people, challenge, fair compensation
Cons
Worst place I have ever worked.
Advisor (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB20 September 2017
Management is terrible, they do not care about employees or customers only the bottom line. Workers are encouraged to sell things to customers that are not needed. Management threatens job security everyday, puts off the impression that they are willing to help employee succeed but really they lack the knowledge to do so. Favorites are played constantly, rules are only applicable to certain people, benefits are terrible, working hours are 630- to 600pm even though they will tell you different in your interview. Staff is subjected to managements mood swings this can range from a nasty comment to loosing your job. They put up a good front but don't be fooled this is the worst place to work.
Pros
Cons
Management, long hours, no time off

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Kaizen Automotive Group. Our community is ready to answer.

Kaizen Automotive Group Reviews by Location