Kai Concepts Employee Reviews

5.0Pay & Benefits
Good work variety, ability to grow, and not a desk job
Project Manager (Current Employee) –  Alameda, CA21 September 2017
I've worked for this project for more than 7 years and with the boss and part of the team at a previous company. Over that time, my job title and responsibilities have changed and grown many times. I like that this company gives you ample opportunities to direct yourself and to take initiative to fill a need that you identify. It's a small company so there is always more to do and everybody's role is a hybrid of multiple positions.

I also like that I get to move around a lot at work—even if I'm doing mainly computer work on a particular day, I get to walk across the warehouse and am not just sitting like in a typical office job. I also like being in a place where everyone shares my love of extreme sports and the outdoors.
Pros
task variety, flexible schedule, good holidays, free snacks, ability to get outdoors and use hands
Cons
uncertain scheduling
Blurring the line between work and play
President/Founder (Current Employee) –  Alameda, CA21 September 2017
Every day at Kai Concepts is different. We're always thinking of new ideas faster than we can build them and trying to get prototypes out on the water for testing as often as possible. For me, testing prototypes really blurs the line between work and play, and when I'm not testing I love having the opportunity to get other people excited about hydrofoils. I've got a great team here, and it's a dream come true to work with them on developing new water sports technology.
Pros
learning new skills every day, work variety, getting outside

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Kai Concepts. Our community is ready to answer.

4.7