Kaba Ilco Employee Reviews

First Job
Customer service representative (Former Employee) –  Montréal, QC7 December 2017
My first job out of highschool.
I learned to be more helpful towards people.
I learned customer service was my passion, what made me who I am today.
The workplace at Ilco was very good. I worked with friends and colleagues and developed a bond that will last a life time.

Every day was a pleasure to work there.
There was no, oh, its Monday, it was more like, Monday and smile
Pros
It was the best place to work at.
Cons
Recession cut it down to nothing after 27 years
no room to grow
Direct Marketing & Inside Sales Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Montréal, QC13 November 2017
The company was in transition shortly after I began there and I volunteered my enthusiasm and skills to help move us through the transitions. Following the successful implementation of new platforms or administrative structures were complete, I was asked to return to my previous roles because there was no room for lateral, not horizontal advancement.
The lack of growth challenge prospects led me to look outside of the company and eventually build my own company.

There are some amazing people working there, and those whom I most admired have moved on for similar reasons as mine.
Pros
Easy work
Cons
Low challenge
work, work,work
Technical Support and Post Sales Support Agent (Former Employee) –  Montréal, QC10 November 2017
old fashioned work from start to finish. no social interaction. company comes first - employee should go elsewhere if they don't like it.
Pros
salary is pretty good
Cons
you get bullied into working more hours than you bargained for.
Good company
Tech Support Manager (Current Employee) –  Montréal, QC5 June 2017
Good company
Not allot of advancement
and not allot of advancement
People are friendly
Interacting with customers is what made me stay
Allot of call per day barely time to catch your breath
Pros
Great support
Cons
3 Shifts
About the company and work
Warehouse Clerk (Former Employee) –  Montréal, QC14 November 2016
This company was so so----nothing to said just a job,that's all.
The things were your working hard ,but you didn't got pay that much and your job not stable too.
Excellent company
Webmaster (Former Employee) –  Montréal, QC10 May 2016
Excellent place to work, great managers, great atmosphere to work.
Very stable employment possibility and company is well managed...very organized! I learned alot about organization here. I would go back to Kaba any time!
Pros
very well organized company
Cons
salary
Interesting place to work
Technical Support Coaching Leader (Former Employee) –  Montréal, QC25 November 2015
Is an interested place to work as you learn how does the equipment and systems of an entire hotel is build, design and function, the bad part is the managing of the department is unfair and have no manager skills at all
Limited advancement opportunities
Coordinateur de Marketing Direct (Former Employee) –  Montréal, QC26 October 2015
There was room for lateral change, but very difficult to set any advancement goals, based on diminishing local opportunities.
Pros
Flexible management in regards to personal needs
Cons
Little room for ambition and creativity
Belle expérience
Dessinatrice intermédiaire (Former Employee) –  Montréal, QC10 June 2015
horaire flexible,
avancements,
bon salaire,
belle gang
bien structuré
bonus annuel
Party de Noel et party d'été
Appris Pro/E
Pros
avancements
a typical day at work
Technical Support and Post Sales Support agent (Former Employee) –  Montréal, QC8 June 2015
I was be part of a team that was the first line contact between Kaba and Kaba's customer, where technical support was concerned. The customer could be calling with issues concerning the Kaba product, the installation of the product, or how to operate the product. In any case, I would be their contact for resolution. I would be responsible for helping the the caller within an acceptable call time, I would be responsible for documenting the call, and I would be responsible to ensure the call was resolved or, at least, an acceptable resolution was in progress. Aside from this main part of my position, I was also expected to confer with engineering whenever we discovered issues with any of our products, modify any in-office protocol in order to stream line our processes, create new documentation/hard copy whenever we modified any existing protocols or processes, and, lastly, once every three weeks I would be responsible for bringing my work home with me and providing 24 hour tech support during the weekend.
Pros
benefits, yearly bonuses, nice people
Cons
bringing work home on the weekend
KABA Ilco Inc
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Montréal, QC2 May 2015
KABA is a great place to work for. They offer French classes, they match what you put into your RRSP. They are very fast at addressing issues. A few times a year they hold employee days with games, food and cake!
Personnel courtois et environnement agréable
Commis à la production (Former Employee) –  Montréal, QC6 February 2013
Multinationale offrant des opportunités de développement pour des personnes pouvant relever de nouveaux défis.
Pros
possibilité de formation continue en entreprise
Cons
pas d'avantages en nature