How has this company responded to COVID‑19?
Learn more

KFC Pay & benefits reviews

Canada1,547 reviews
Great job to work as for beginners who need experience.Pay could be higher, but its acceptable as it is as the job requires no experience.Would recommend as a first job.
Pros
Free meals for employees, flexible schedule, nice management
Cons
Dont always get a break, rude customers
Management switches a lot so you have to get used to meeting and collaborating with new people, but the overall experience was okay. You learn a lot of good skills like time management, customer service, and money handling.
Pros
Free lunch
Cons
Schedule changes
I didn’t receive enough pay for the amount of hours I worked each week. I didn’t receive a promotion in the field that I was working. I enjoyed working with my fellow employees which made for a nice experience. Changes in the work schedule from week to week was bad because it seemed to always change.
Pros
Enjoyed the people I worked with
Cons
Not enough pay for all the work I did
KFC my first time work Canada, Four year s work finish the kfc,kfc my salary $ 15 dollars, me work full time 44hour. Me kfc cooking, my workplace happy.
Pros
Free lunch
Cons
store was so badly in need of repairs, the celing was leaking onto electrical equipment cause it rained and i was the key holder (with no pay raise) and i didnt feel safe to open the store and got in trouble so i quit that day. things may have changed but they sniffed the meat if it was expired to see if it was still good, served gross dried out food, and things were constantly malfunctioning and they were too cheap to fix it, was told to do training at home without pay, would not recommend.
Pros
free food
Cons
no breaks.
Manager asked us to pay for our own meal. Despite sales going super high during covid 19 outbreak managements new rule is for us to pay our staff meal. Minimum wage, no benefit for part timer, super busy schedule, no compensation during covid 19, and on top of that, pay for the food you eat.
Pros
Easy to get hired
Cons
everything else.
It’s not a horrible job until you’re asked to pull doubles after calling in sick, there’s some good benefits there but it’s not very fair you can’t call in sick without having to pull doubles. Especially at 16.
Its good for a start but not for the long run. People are good on face but not at the back. Liked working there, but had a stressful life. Like even holidays never felt like holidays.
Productive and Fun workplace. Good balance between work and life. Secure Job. flexible schedules. I learned a lot about food and customer service quality.
Pros
Free lunches
Cons
Long Hours
the pay was minimum, the management get paid only a dollar more to handle cash, staff customers, inventory etc etc. it is not worth the effort. you score a rgm position, then its ok. but even that translates to 16-17 an hour in salary.
fun, good, meet new people everyday. pay raise after sometime. uniform is given. all the benefits - dental, vision and extended health. team job. good hours.
Work several years with company never received a raise in wage and there is no work life balance working there . Staff would not show up and u are told u have to stay longer.
In the begining I worked it was very good and everything was in management. but after this new manager most of the things are disturbed like my hours short
Pros
free $5 fill up only
Cons
Short hours and kind of discrimination and favourness
Good place to work part time if u need quick hours or students, Overall payrasies would be nice in term of job , more adults to work an have less students.
Pros
Staff meals n discounts
Cons
Need more staff
When I worked there they didn’t give me the hours they promised me I couldnt afford to pay bills only working about 10 hrs a week. I was a single woman living in her own very first place and that I didn’t have enough money working so many hours a week.
Pros
Not enough hours
Cons
Nice staff
Very fun place to work as, as a teenager. Relaxed at times when it wasn't rush hour. Could get pretty busy at rush hour. Not a very pressuring job. Gave me good shift hours and easy to keep up with school work at the same time.
Hired full time went on maternity leave came back now only getting very little part time hours. Not able survive on these hours while trying to raise a baby.
Not unless your willing to do the work of upper management with out the pay for a few years all while being jerked in a circle the whole time about what’s actually going on with your actually pay, benefits and official promotion.
It was a ok place to work the cut my hour couldn’t afford to live Was no good not for me but could be ok for someone esle that likes that kind of work
Perfect place to work.The environment is positive and staff is good.Its a fun place to work and enjoy.Great company.No benefits offered to employees though except employee discounts
This was a very good place to work. hours were fair, work was fair, everything was a typical fast-food job. Company is a good one, managers were good too