KFC Employee Reviews

Found 1,104 reviews matching the search See all 20,875 reviews
never to work in this location again
Shift Supervisor / Cashier (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON15 November 2018
Manager/owner of the location i worked was very greedy! Robs you with your worked hours and money so I have to always write my hours and checked it with the paystub. He robs customers too especially older ones so beware when ordering and always checked your receipt.
Nice
Assistant General Manager (OIC) (Current Employee) –  Calgary, AB13 November 2018
Hours is okey, great opportunity. Nice experience working in KFC
You will learn a lot quite stress but it's okey cause it"s part of the it.. Free meal for management team
good place to work
Cashier/Customer Service (Current Employee) –  Coquitlam, BC13 November 2018
It is hard but I like working there. the co workers are really good and co operative, the manager is also very good. people working there are friendly too.
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ON13 November 2018
I learned a lot about how to behave with customers and meet their needs. Fast-paced and great environment. Meet a lot of different kinds of people and overall pretty fun job.
Pros
Free lunches
Cons
Extensive cleaning
Worst company to work with.
Manager (Current Employee) –  Ns10 November 2018
There migh be some nice franchisee who treat their employees well but never work for FMI. They dont pay you proper, be ready to work for free, bullying, HR is in controled by oprations they are just rat to each other. Thats the only reason they hire immigrants because they use them & they are stuck with them with immigration purposes. Local hate to work their and they dont want to hire locals because they are aware of their rights. Again never work for FMI.
hard working
Kitchen staff (Former Employee) –  Saskatoon, SK9 November 2018
Working at KFC was my first job and it was quite enjoyable but also thought me hard work. It's a very fast paced environment with a family like environment amongst staff.
Pros
fun and hard work
Cons
lay offs
Would not recommend
Manager (Current Employee) –  Saskatchewan9 November 2018
Miserable place to work. Would not recommend to anyone. I don't mind the actual job but there is not a care in the world about employees and the pay is significantly below industry standard. Pay more for LMIA employees then they are willing to pay employees that have already busted their butts for years.
Pros
Free food, some benefits
Cons
Unpaid work, abusive environment, poor management
I have been working there for 3 years
Cashier (Current Employee) –  Edmonton, AB8 November 2018
The management and my co- workers are great but when you started dealing with your toxic co- workers, they don't really care about it. They will try to solve it but there's not actions being done.
Pros
good workplace if you have school
Cons
they don't pay overtime
Work was fun and easy, management and hours were bad.
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Stony Plain, AB7 November 2018
Work was very flexible and easy, customers can be quite rude. Agreeing with customers that you do not actually agree with was a learning curve. The manager picked favourites which deciphered who got the best shifts and most hours. The coworkers were fun and easy to get along with.
Pros
Free lunches
Cons
Poor management
Not a bad place to work
Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Chatham-Kent, ON5 November 2018
A pretty good place to work. Not too many hours but they were willing to give more or less when you ask which makes it easy to work around school and different events. The management changed a few times in the year but overall a good place to work.
Pros
free food on breaks
Cons
lots of changes in management
productive and enjoyable work environment
Cashier/Drive Thru (Former Employee) –  Greenwood, NS3 November 2018
awesome work place loved getting experience there. would only recommend for a first job since its quite stressfull and will show you what the world is about
productive workplace
RESTAURANT GENERAL MANAGER (Current Employee) –  Alberta30 October 2018
i have to multi task at all times but fun 'coz i've got to learn all station work, also I have gained a lot of respect due to my position. I also got high morale due to respect and importance of my work
Pros
free meal
Cons
no off
Very much enjoyed what I was doing
Cashier/Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Moncton, NB23 October 2018
I started as a cashier , during my spare time I learned kitchen. I enjoyed the staff and loved serving people. I make sure my work place was clean and organized
Pros
Staff
Cons
Not enough hours
Stressful workplace
Cook (Former Employee) –  Summerside, PE22 October 2018
Always stressful, shifts were all over the place alot of the time. Managers were rude, had to fight with managers sometimes to get breaks. Would have to sometimes stay 3 to 4 hours after close because other workers didn't want to clean.
Fun
Fast Food Worker (Former Employee) –  Belleville, ON19 October 2018
A typical day at work, I would make sure everything was stocked before we openes, make sure my area and the dinning room were clean and ready to go for the next shift \ I would pack order's, I would deliver order's and also I would be the cashier . I learned a lot about customer service, Being a team leader. Management over all was good, their were a couple that I personally didn't agree with what they were doing. Everyone seemed to get along great and a lot of positive vibes, generally everyone was happy to go or to be at work. The hardest part would have had to be when we had to wait on chicken, or the chicken ran out and we were waiting for more to come in, customer's would of course not be very impressed. I really enjoyed talking to my customer's getting to know a little about them when they were waiting on their order's to be ready.
Pros
one free meal, free drinks
Cons
disrespectful team member's
Easy work
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Peterborough, ON19 October 2018
.take orders,clean counters tables and floors,take out garbage,stock fridge and freezer and do inventory,clean bathrooms
.learned teamwork and management skills
Pros
Free food
Comfortable workplace
Cashier/Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Burns Lake, BC18 October 2018
My time at KFC was enjoyable and I felt that all of the employees worked well together. The management was reasonable, and I learned new skills in communication through customer service.
Pros
Free lunches
Fun place to work with a great staff!
Cashier (Current Employee) –  Red Deer, AB16 October 2018
Awesome place to work very fast paste. Enjoyable to work at with great staff and managers! Was super happy with the position i was given with such great environment.
productive
Cashier/Cook (Former Employee) –  Ponoka, AB15 October 2018
to build my work experience and learn to be at work. I didnt like staying home and doing nothing as soon as school ended. I love working and I wish to gain more experience
Pros
getting 50% off as an employee
Cons
cheap pay
Good place to work!
Chicken cook (Former Employee) –  Barrhaven, ON9 October 2018
I was working there while in school, the balance couldn't have been better and the management was at the time a dream. its been a few years since but I still hear good things from them
Pros
free lunch and left overs if you closed
Cons
sometimes gets crazy busy

Ask a question about working or interviewing at KFC. Our community is ready to answer.

55.8K