KFC Employee Reviews

Found 1,188 reviews matching the search See all 22,823 reviews
everything is nice
Crew Member (Former Employee) –  Windsor, ON24 May 2019
every employee has a nice nature and good to work with confidential behaviour. we worked over there in fun cultural status is very nice
i get good experience with customers.
Pros
increase communication skills
Cons
hours difference
not a great place to work managers are harrasing the employees and giving them a hard time.
Team Member (Former Employee) –  Dufferin street, ON23 May 2019
Pressure will be given to employees
over works without any increment
Managers always show partiality
Will not put enough employees on schedule,managers give more work to employees which they dont like
hard working team
Cook/Stock (Former Employee) –  Windsor, ON18 May 2019
Every week my hours would change. Majority of the time i was a cook, id clean and cook in the kitchen, if there was anytime i had no work to do i would help the staff upfront with packing and other needs. Hardest part of the job was disassembling and cleaning the cookers, but majority of the work was easy and simple.
Pros
easy work
Cons
district manager was not considerate of my belief and religion
productive and fun. good environment
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Belleville, ON15 May 2019
according to me my experience was very good. also very good staff. we had great fun while working their. staff is very helpful and loving. team members help their other team members.
Pros
free lunch
Cons
sometimes very busy or long hours
Cashier
Cashier/Cook (Former Employee) –  Quispamsis, NB14 May 2019
This was my very first job, I learned how to use the cash register, how to deal with customers, how to prepare food. Very faced paced environment. I learned how to properly sanitize the kitchen.
Pros
50 percent off when working
Cons
Not enough money
Less Pay
Shift Manager (Former Employee) –  2002 middlefield rd14 May 2019
- Less pay compared to work.
- too much oil smoke around as chicken is constantly cooked.
- One free meal.
-Too many dates to check.
- owners were good and very co-opertive.
Cons
Place is closed down for some reason.
Management never has a high school education
Manager/Cashier (Former Employee) –  London, ON12 May 2019
I have worked for KFC for a long period of time. Everyone promoted to a store manager position is just someone who can't work anywhere else because they don't even have a high school education and they think they're smarter than you because they have the position.
Pros
Free meals
Cons
Horrible management, Head office doesn't understand how the store actually works
Terrible shady Management
Shift Supervisor (Former Employee) –  London, ON11 May 2019
This place has literally 0 management skills. Corporate has no freaking idea what’s going on. Just visiting the store and talking to employees won’t resolve the problem when problem is actual YOU!! I’ve seen corporate visiting and treating supervisors like garbage (it’s REAL TRUE).. please do not work here or just work as a crew member, you ll still be chewed but less than a supervisor. Moving to the management position you will only get harsh treatment and mental stress.
Pros
Cons
Management, Corporate
nothing
cook food (Current Employee) –  Barrie, ON7 May 2019
I am happy to work in KFC, nice team work, the manage is very nice to me, every one get 40 hour training ,and everyone have opportunity to work on different station.
Pros
qq
Cons
qq
Fairly decent starter job
Cook (Former Employee) –  Kitchener, ON6 May 2019
I worked the night shift. I would come in at 5pm and work till about 10pm. The busyness of the day and who you were working with would make or break your shift. I learned to clean the cookers, bread the chicken the correct way, stock, clean, everything really. The hardest part of the job is dealing with rushes. You have no customers and then you have a huge rush. The most enjoyable part of the job, for me at least, was breading the chicken. There was something so soothing about it.
Pros
Light work load, easy to understand tasks, great starter pay
Cons
Mixed bag of co-workers, always changing promotions
Easy going managable job
Cashier/Cook (Former Employee) –  Kitchener-Waterloo, ON5 May 2019
A typical day at work would include, waiting on customers in the drive thru or front cash, cleaning the store, helping my co workers with orders, cleaning dishes and ensuring that each task was completed by the end of the shift. I learned how to work well with a team, self discipline, respect for customers and how to fail and try again.
good entry level job
Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Lethbridge, AB3 May 2019
Working at KFC taught me how to work in the service industry and to keep calm and collected with the public. It was fast paced and I was able to learn cash and till systems well and was able to also learn about the food service industry. It was a great job to start out with.
good place to work
SHIFT SUPERVISOR (Former Employee) –  Guelph, ON3 May 2019
my overall experience at KFC was pretty good. i started off as a cashier and quickly moved up into a management role soon after. every shift (5 hours or more) you would get a staff meal. you also receive a discount card which is good to use at all the companies run by the same owner (taco bell, KFC, pizza hut.) definitely recommend working at KFC.
Pros
staff meal. discount at taco bell, kfc and pizza hut
Cons
back to back shifts. you smell like chicken all the time
Fun workplace
Crew Member (Former Employee) –  Kamloops, BC1 May 2019
It's a fun workplace to work for. Great colleagues support you in work. helpful managers but hectic schedules and fewer work hours. Less opportunity to improve yourself.
awesome to work
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Richmond, BC1 May 2019
typical day at work is prepping chicken for marinating and preparation of boxes and supplies for the days consumers orders . hardest part if your short on people on a tuesday
Terrible place to work
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Clarenville, NL30 April 2019
I do not like to call people out but working there was ridiculous. They would sware out customers, go on prolonged smoke brakes and expect me to do the cooking, they cut my hours so they could bring in foreign works to do a position that was already filled so they could get cheaper labour, and my bosses on regular basses attack me for doing nothing.
Pros
Work experience, Interacting with customers
Cons
Bad atmosphere, poor management, unsafe working enviroment
Productive and exciting
Cook (Former Employee) –  Winnipeg, MB30 April 2019
At KFC my major responsibilities is cooking the chicken and making sure it is in the right temperature before frying it. There's so much things i learned from KFC and one of them is breading the chicken the right way. overall the management in KFC is wonderful, the only hard thing to do is washing the dishes because there's only one sink and you guys have to share. i recommend working in KFC it's such a fun and chill work environment.
Pros
50 percent discounts
Cons
washing dishes
Friendly Workplace
Team Member (Former Employee) –  St. Catharines, ON28 April 2019
I worked as family member to make this Restaurants more better place for local public to enjoy and eat their food. This Place teaches me many things about food industry and how to worked at fast-paced environment.
Great workplace and awesome people
Customer Service and Production (Former Employee) –  St. Paul, AB27 April 2019
Working at this company improved my work ethic. I enjoyed sharing quality customer service to the people. And my fellow employees were cooperative and friendly. Overall, this work experience was fun and knowledgeable.
Pros
Team work
Funwork place
Cashier/Customer Service (Current Employee) –  Brampton, ON26 April 2019
Its a good place to improve interpersonsl skills.
Always do your work with responsibility.
Stock up each and everythingin starting of your shift.
Team spirit is necessary.8
Pros
Free 5 dollar fill ups
Cons
No cons

Ask a question about working or interviewing at KFC. Our community is ready to answer.

56.3K