KFC Employee Reviews

Great work environment! I loved it here
Crew Member (Former Employee) –  Thompson, MB18 June 2018
Working at KFC was a big step in my life as I was heading to my junior year in high school, I was playing sports at the moment and was working with KFC also, It was a good environment and the workplace was fun and suitable for a teen to work at, I was working every two days or sometimes every day during a weekday after school and practice.
Pros
Free food for break
Cons
working alone sometimes during drive thru rush hours.
No longer a KFC location
Cook (Former Employee) –  Merritt, BC17 June 2018
Loved working there, manager and other staff were really nice and fun people to be around. Wasn't too busy, but would get to be a little much. Never got more than minimum wage. Heard my manager quit due to changes in how higher ups wanted things to be run. Restaurant shut down shortly afterwards.
Pros
Free meal
Cons
Rushes(when happened)
deep fry cook
Cook (Former Employee) –  Aurora, ON10 June 2018
Prepared chicken for deep frying with secret receipt. Ensured that all items where clean and food safety was adhered too. Worked evenings and weekends
need more leadership
Chef, Customer service, Key holder, Food packer (Former Employee) –  Kirkland, QC7 June 2018
did not get engouh hours,was treated poorly.
call you at last minute to come into work
rude emplyes .
manager treated me differently form others staff
Horrible place to work.
Cashier and Customer Service (Current Employee) –  Pickering, ON7 June 2018
Let's start with the most enjoyable part of the job, the people you work with.

Everything else is horrible. You don"t clock yourself in when you start or leave. you get clocked out when the store closes at 10pm even though you are there until 10:30pm or later cleaning up. In 4 years there I have probably worked for $2000 for free. Second, every location has its own set of rules made up by the Area Manager. My location does not take breaks since we are constantly cutting hours and there is nobody to cover your position.

In summary, for a company as recognizable as KFC they do not really care about their employees or their brand image. They only care about MONEY and the PROFIT at the end of the day.
Pros
Free food when you work
Was a great place to work as a high-school studen
Cashier (Current Employee) –  Dunnville, ON6 June 2018
As a high-school student the environment, hours, and pay were great. Now that I have graduated i feel as if the only way to improve the experience would be to become a manager.
feeling always busy
Cook/Cashier (Former Employee) –  London, ON4 June 2018
We all want to be effective. We all want to show up to work, bright-eyed and bushy tailed and enjoy our day. At the same time, we want to show up for our life, for the people and activities we care about beyond the pantry. Especially in the restaurant industry, positive energy is infectious… and negative energy is contagious.
great work enviroment
Cook (Former Employee) –  Fort Qu'Appelle, SK3 June 2018
the work enviroment was very fun and laidback and casual though strict when necessary the work enviroment was also very productive and the days were always busy
Pros
free lunches
Decent workplace
Crew member (Current Employee) –  Calgary, AB2 June 2018
A usual day consists of handling the cash register as well as providing customer service, cleaning the store, helped packed the order by putting the food in the proper box and case to then give to the customer

I learned various customer service skills such as providing them with the best deals and hospitality to make them feel welcomed

Management was okay, I wished for more flexible hours however I understand the situation of the management

workplace was welcoming

there was no part of the job that was hard.
Pros
Discounts
Cons
management
Restaurant Cook (Former Employee) –  Medicine Hat, AB1 June 2018
I enjoyed working at KFC but full-time employment is not readily available. I learned to cook using fryers, make sandwiches, clean the kitchen and work with others. Management was fair.
Was an alright job
Cook chicken (Former Employee) –  Saskatoon, SK31 May 2018
It was an alright job but like most fast food jobs was very demanding on top of a full university schedule. Ended up quitting due to conflicting schedules.
Pros
Free lunch
Cons
Long demanding days.
a typical day at work
Delivery Driver/Customer Service (Current Employee) –  Edmonton, AB31 May 2018
As a KFC delivery driver you are basicly in charge of food deliveries as prompt and efficiantly as possible.You start at 4 and end at 10 or later depending on the time of the orders.
Pros
Greatly reduced food or even free
Cons
Can get busy fast and can be somewhat over wellming at times
Productive and friendly
Cook (Former Employee) –  Lawrence, ON30 May 2018
I would work the night shift and I learned how to cook the food that we served to our customers. My boss was nice she taught me how to do my job properly that most difficult part was keeping up with the order the most enjoyable part was being able to eat the food they have there for lunch.
Pros
Good environment
Cons
Not enough hours
Work
Cashier/Line Worker (Former Employee) –  Tillsonburg, ON29 May 2018
I found this place good to work at first, Always excited, but then i started being disrespected and treated not fairly. the managers walk all over students that work at their store. i mean if you got told you had to work with a doctors note if YOU not your managers you, couldnt find someone to work for you, would you not quit?
Pros
Free Break Meals
Cons
Horrible Managers
Not a great place to work... Sorry!!!
AREA MANAGER (Former Employee) –  Saskatoon, SK28 May 2018
When things are not going well our manager used to take away the employee benefits of 50% discount meal... This is a such a bad sign to the production employees that sometime are counting with this meal to support themselves.
Pros
In Restaurants are always fun to work.
Cons
Upper management needs to connect with their base
Fun Workplace
Restaurant Team Member (Current Employee) –  London, ON22 May 2018
Good Management, the team members are really friendly. There is a proper management system. With proper hours allotment. Working here is good. To obtain experience.
It’s a great place to work
Cook (Current Employee) –  Brampton, ON20 May 2018
The establishment is great, the food is great and the staff are very welcoming. The only issue with the work place is the hours and the workspace. Also the equipment is very old
Pros
The people are very welcoming
Cons
It’s a small work space
None productive at all
Food Service Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Prince Albert, SK20 May 2018
It has had been an experience for me working in Fast Food out of my country which is different,because back there we work for salary and here per hours.
I really dont like how we work with shot staff most of the time,because it is almost impossible to give a very good service.
And in almost three years the raise of rate just has had been of ten cents for us.
Pros
Cons
Normal
productive and unique enviroment
Cook (Former Employee) –  Fort Qu'Appelle, SK20 May 2018
work was fun learning the techniques for making the chicken and sandwiches the manager was always there to help and ensure the workers knew what to do in any situation
Pros
free lunches
Cons
fluctuation hours
Balance of good and bad
Cutomer Service (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB15 May 2018
The manager turns into a monster when she’s stressed, and somehow i always get blamed for everything when i’m trying my best managing the drive thru and helping with the expediting. But i did meet new friends (co-workers) because i worked there so it was a little fun.
Pros
Free lunches
Cons
Bad management

Ask a question about working or interviewing at KFC. Our community is ready to answer.

55.3K