KFC Employee Reviews

Found 1,547 reviews matching the search
Great job to work as for beginners who need experience.Pay could be higher, but its acceptable as it is as the job requires no experience.Would recommend as a first job.
Pros
Free meals for employees, flexible schedule, nice management
Cons
Dont always get a break, rude customers
Managers will yell at the staff, swear and roll their eyes when in training. Managers speak badly about other employees in the company in front of customers. At least 6 people are needed for daily duties due to health code but they only have 3 at a time so it makes for a hard day when you are in training. The managers ask that you do not have your phone, wear rings, bracelets or any jewelry and wear gloves at all times due to health and safety concerns but the managers will use their phones, wear rings, jewelry and not have gloves on while cooking packaging and serving the food. They use new employees as mules to fill in 2-3 hour shifts while the other staff takes off every holiday, every weekend and any other day they need to watch wrestling or have a party. Leaving the new trainee by themselves on the floor to handle all areas of the store and that causes stress on top of many other things that can be avoided if the poor management was dealt with. It’s not even worth the free meal or the discount. Managers get mad when you ask questions on how to do something you’re unsure of. It’s just a mess and I wouldn’t recommend anyone to work at this KFC. The only people who get the opportunity to move up in the company are friends and family of the staff.
Cons
No hours, poor management, rude staff, poor customer service, unprofessional environment, stressful, toxic, negative environment
Pay is very little and expectations are super high. some stupid has made labour matrix I think they don’t have operation background. It makes people get tired in 1 hour of work. This thing affects quality and service that’s why they are losing customer base.
Pros
Easy job to survive
Cons
Worst SOP
No accountability for unprofessionalism among district managers. Undercutting staff for labor creates toxic work environments. Expectations on favored staff are lower. Complete lack of proper training and presence of management. Might be this location specifically. Absolutely no room to advance. Skills and commitments that should be valued and dismissed!
Pros
Some of the staff are lovely
Cons
Everything else.
Thus was by far my favourite place to work at. Not only because I love chicken but because the people there made me feel so welcomed. When working at other places I often compare them with this one because KFC was the best place to work at! I felt as if it was my second family 💓
Pros
Fun environment, staff that treats you like family & discount
Cons
They closed our store down that I worked at lol
Management switches a lot so you have to get used to meeting and collaborating with new people, but the overall experience was okay. You learn a lot of good skills like time management, customer service, and money handling.
Pros
Free lunch
Cons
Schedule changes
pfk a beaucoup de chose a changer le cadre de gérance et une coupe de leur employer cela ne convient vraiment pas a une bonne ambience d'un bon restaurant et même si cela nest qun fast food
Pros
très rare
Cons
mauvais employer mauvaise ambience je ne veux pas y aller sauf pour cadre de travaille
I didn’t receive enough pay for the amount of hours I worked each week. I didn’t receive a promotion in the field that I was working. I enjoyed working with my fellow employees which made for a nice experience. Changes in the work schedule from week to week was bad because it seemed to always change.
Pros
Enjoyed the people I worked with
Cons
Not enough pay for all the work I did
Driven into the ground. Zero support at the store level but expectations are high, broken stores, broken equipment, unpaid bills from suppliers.No training and even the electronic equipment you need to do the job is broken. The only support I have ever seen is when something is preventing you from opening the doors, then a band aid will be provided. never saw a big corp run by the seat of their pants like this one
Pros
Cons
everything
Do these reviews help you learn more about working at KFC?
the higher management setting the tone for the stores...specifically SOUL restaurants...are all out to use and abuse their management and team members. Constantly setting up their teams to fail, offer no support, and violate local and provincial labor laws without any regard. If you get a call from them. Run. Run for your life. No job is worth the stress.
Cons
KFC my first time work Canada, Four year s work finish the kfc,kfc my salary $ 15 dollars, me work full time 44hour. Me kfc cooking, my workplace happy.
Pros
Free lunch
Cons
I worked at a KFC in brantford. It was run by a katty manager who liked to chose favourites. I had to quit because of some family issues and needed to provide full time care to a family member. When i told the General Manager, he told me that that was not a justified reason to quit my job there. Horrible experience overall, would not recommend.
store was so badly in need of repairs, the celing was leaking onto electrical equipment cause it rained and i was the key holder (with no pay raise) and i didnt feel safe to open the store and got in trouble so i quit that day. things may have changed but they sniffed the meat if it was expired to see if it was still good, served gross dried out food, and things were constantly malfunctioning and they were too cheap to fix it, was told to do training at home without pay, would not recommend.
Pros
free food
Cons
no breaks.
It’s an easy and local job, the staff is always changing so it’s not easy to make connections with the team you work with. The store is clean and the training processes are easy to learn and follow.
Pros
Easy work
Cons
Not easy to work as a team
alot of drama and people talking poorly about everyone. Alot of drama and head games also most times they get your job duties to be more then one person could do and then deduct lunch from your check even though yoy didn't have time to get a lunch and they don't care you are not a person in there eyes and to corporate your just a robot . People try to get you into trouble saying you didn't do your job when ita them that dont wanna do there job
Pros
Cons
Everythinf
Get there, wash up, start preparing chicken, bread it, fry it, take it out and put it into the warmer's, keep up with making chicken during the dinner rush, clean the kitchen, wash all the dishes then sign out.
Pros
Free $5 lunch meals if you woek more than 5 hours
Cons
you only get a break if you work five hours.
rien à dire à propos de cette entreprise j'espère que
Manager asked us to pay for our own meal. Despite sales going super high during covid 19 outbreak managements new rule is for us to pay our staff meal. Minimum wage, no benefit for part timer, super busy schedule, no compensation during covid 19, and on top of that, pay for the food you eat.
Pros
Easy to get hired
Cons
everything else.
they all very friendly and they are fallowing the cleanliness of the store and the food is very fresh the make sure all there customer leave the store happy and serve properly.
I enjoyed working at KFC in meadow lake, fortunately I had to quit due to being a student and upgrading my classes so I had to quit working there for reasons due to personal issues (I.e) school.
you need to have perfect in every situation. you can get a great experience in a fast-paced environment. one can learn how to grow and develop oneself.
Pros
free lunch
Cons
hard work, fast paced