KBR Management reviews

Found 64 reviews matching the search See all 3,391 reviews
Very fun place to work. Always had lots of fun working with the boys
Journeyman Pipefitter RS (Former Employee) –  Fort McMurray, AB8 January 2019
I found this job realitivly easy due to all the safety we had. I learned how to read coodinates better and isometric drawings. Management was always good to us and treated us well. culture there was very good and moral was always at its peek. The hardest part of my job was working for a lead hand less expirenced than me. The thing i liked the most about working for KBR was having a good crew that I got along with.
Pros
Good money
Cons
Away from Home
Atmosphere
Document Management Lead Specialist (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB18 December 2018
This seemed to be the typical boys club. Very cold place to work, there didn't seem to be a sense of comfort. There seemed to be a lot of eggshells walked on by management down . It is good I left when I did as that was the start of the end of KBR in Canada.
they are gone
Journeyman Pipefitter (Former Employee) –  Fort McMurray, AB4 November 2018
i am not surprized that KBR does not exsit anymore, they are an aweful company who gives no respect to anyone. if the were still around, I would never work for them again
Excellent Working Environment
Senior Cost Control (Current Employee) –  Edmonton, AB18 September 2018
I found KBR amongst few of the best employer to work with. This company provides equal opportunities to its employees and groom them to undertake challenges on the job with full management support.
Educational
Laborer/ Tool Crib Attendant (Former Employee) –  Fort McMurray, AB10 July 2018
Was a typical 12 hour day of labouring. Can not say anything negative about management or co-workers. Management was very flexible with time off and showed concern for the well being of their employees
Great Company to work for
Oversight Superintendent (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB9 July 2018
I worked over 8 years for KBR and truly enjoyed each project I was assigned to. Management was always there to assist and had a "no big problems, only solutions" attitude.
Pros
The People
Productive Workplace
Sr. Quantity Surveyor/ Estimator (Current Employee) –  Fort McMurray, AB15 May 2018
Health and Safety and Code of Ethics is upmost importance for their employees. Its a culture that is being set on each individual employee which is paramount.
Pros
Ethics
Cons
Security of Tenure
good
Pipefitter (Former Employee) –  Fort McMurray, AB30 April 2018
great management and lots of incentives. management were great to work for. all courses and tools were available. never had any issues getting anything that was needed for the job
Great
Pipefitter (Current Employee) –  Edmonton, AB13 February 2018
Met great people. Management was fair and friendly. Always provided necessary tool, supplies, and information to do the job. Very focused on safety. One of the best.
Direct supervision is a revolving door
Utility Driver (Class 1) (Former Employee) –  Anzac, AB7 November 2017
During my time with KBR the supervision changed hands almost monthly. This makes it very difficult to know who your direction is supposed to come from.
Cons
Remote work sites
great place to work
Welder (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB6 November 2017
had a great time working with kbr. great management ,employees and overall work environment. long hours and good pay. i would recommend this company as A plus.
Camp Manager
Camp Services Manager/Administrator (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB24 October 2017
Ensure that all, life support, food services and accommodation management requirements are met by the camp contractors, and attend and participate in contractor safety meetings. Perform documented weekly camp and associated facilities inspections and ensure that all deficiencies are corrected in a timely manner.
Pros
Salary
Hr
Journeyman Electrician (Former Employee) –  Fort McMurray, AB8 October 2017
The HR management staff that i had worked with do have his job commitment. Working in oil and sand industrial must come with commitment and safety culture which every one of us must have.
Pretty Good
Pipefitter (Current Employee) –  Fort McMurray, AB18 July 2017
Good management and well organized. Job was camp based, 10 hour shifts, competitive salary. Tools were always readily available, and morale was good overall.
all work no play
Structural Ironworker Apprentice (Former Employee) –  Fort Hills, AB1 July 2017
camp job. 14/7 shifts money was good but no life outside of work. i would hop on another camp job with this company in the future. management at times were just going back and forth and leading us workers in circles.
i enjoyed working for this company
Accounting Support Specialist (Former Employee) –  Kitimat, BC22 June 2017
My manager is an awesome woman. She patiently trained her employees with new accounting software and gave us positive guidance. She cares about her employees.
good overall work experience
Ironworker/Foreman (Former Employee) –  Sherwood Park, AB6 June 2017
A good overall work experience,

- good qualified and fair supervision and most upper management
-great coworkers at the time
-good working conditions
Working at a Camp site
Health and Safety Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Cigar Lake Mine, SK3 June 2017
The camp setting was good great food /people and entertainment.Working with the mining as well as the Surface construction was a great experience. great managers and love working and training the Northerners who were like sponges as they were being taught new ways and ideas.

I then proceed to start my own company(JH Safety Services ltd) and work for Director of Safety at the same site Cigar Lake/ Rabbit Lake.I use to travel a few days a week between sites. The Safety Director was Wayne Anderson from the Saskatoon office . He was also a great Mentor / advisor.Working as Safety Manager/ Coordinator and field advisor.The Cigar lake Project was over 2 billion dollars and we achieved the project without any major Safety Injuries,with sometimes 10-12 different contractors.
I have always been on the Construction Management Team for the past 6 years.
Pros
Great people
Cons
Long Days
Was a great company to work for
Iron worker (Former Employee) –  Fort Hills, AB30 May 2017
while working there I learned more tricks of the trade and grew more into the safety culture. the management went out of their way to ensure the employees were happy.
Good company, good job
Senior quality assurance (Current Employee) –  Fort McMurray, AB21 May 2017
Good company, good job, management was old school and didn't understand all of the responsibilities that the quality department had. Therefore denied getting the manpower required and in turn made themselves look bad.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at KBR. Our community is ready to answer.

51.5K