KBR Employee Reviews in Edmonton, AB

Good Salary, plenty of room for advancement
QC LEAD (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB30 January 2018
Overall the best company I've worked for in terms of pay/opportunities for advancement. Unfortunately they don't have any projects right now otherwise I would still be here.
Pros
Good Salary
Cons
Not able to provide continuous work
Great company to work for
Cost Controller (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB21 December 2017
I absolutely enjoy working for this company. I have met great people and worked within some very good groups. The mentors I have had have always been helpful and helped me to grow in my field.
great place to work
Welder (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB6 November 2017
had a great time working with kbr. great management ,employees and overall work environment. long hours and good pay. i would recommend this company as A plus.
Camp Manager
Camp Services Manager/Administrator (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB24 October 2017
Ensure that all, life support, food services and accommodation management requirements are met by the camp contractors, and attend and participate in contractor safety meetings. Perform documented weekly camp and associated facilities inspections and ensure that all deficiencies are corrected in a timely manner.
Pros
Salary
Very productive
Civil Superintendent (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB17 October 2017
It was a great experience, Lots of activities happening at the same time and this required a lot of coordination to make things happen, we depended a lot on good weather and made the most of the good days. Other trades were good to deal with.
Pros
Close to home
Cons
Very friendly staff and looked after workers safety
Steamfitter/Pipefitter Apprentice (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB5 October 2017
I worked with this company for 8 months and really enjoyed it there. Its always difficult with a job comes to and end and you get laid off. I wish to get back with them in the near future or a company that treats their employees as they did.
Pros
employee benefits and safe work environment
Cons
not enough work for full time
20 of my best years
Journeyman "B" Pressure Welder (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB30 August 2017
20 of my best years were with KBR, I started my apprenticeship with KBR and became a full fledged Journeyman Welder with KBR. Trained by some of the best individuals.
Limited experience working here.
Superintendent (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB11 August 2017
Very professional culture. I enjoyed working with a top tier team who were truly experts in the construction sector. It was a learning experience of a lifetime.
Pros
A lot of responsibility.
Cons
No advancement.
Daily activites
Quality Control Inspector (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB31 July 2017
Modular construction consisting of various types of materials. Good mix of structural and mechanical inspections. Walk downs and deficiency lists, consumable controls are good.
Pros
Good people
Awesome work place
Shipper/Receiver (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB8 July 2017
I did all and almost everything possible. Shipping and receiving. Worked on the computer completing orders to going to the bank and handling check. Picking up and dropping off tools. Took inventory.
A great place to work
ADMINISTRATIVE SPECIALIST / LOGISTICS COORDINATOR (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB10 March 2017
A great typical day at work full of new exciting while daily discipline routine.

I learned to multi-task, learn new responsibilities in the same department.
Great Management. Great bosses and easy to talk.
There was no pressure on deadlines but still hard working atmosphere.
Nothing is hard when bosses are great.

The atmosphere always allowed breaks every two hours, stretches during morning and made us ready to get back to work next morning.
Pros
always a chance to change department or promotion
Cons
Exciting, but busy
Unorganized
Foreman/General Foreman (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB14 February 2017
I didn't mind worker for this company. They only reason why I enjoyed the company is because I had a great boss otherwise they treated you as a number. They tried to enforce FR coveralls in a mod yard when it was +35 out. There was no reason to be wearing the FR coveralls but yet they made everyone wear them.

Horrible company
Pros
Great boss
Cons
Treat workers as a number
Productive and fun
Journeyman ironworker (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB9 February 2017
Great moral good bbqs treated like a human being, was a fun and productive place to work the lunch sand tickets received were a great bonus, was constantly told how good a job we were doing
When in its prime
JOURNEYMAN MILLWRIGHT (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB16 December 2016
When this company was in its prime I was very lucky to have the journeyman and the vast variety of versatility to learn from for my trade. there were very many different types of skill to attain.
great place to work
Iron Worker (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB17 November 2016
they were a great company to work for, any tool you needed you had, the people and atmosphere make it a great place to work at. a typical work day was stretching in the morning and then you and your crew gather the tools needed for your daily task, three breaks in a day 2-15 min breaks and a half hour break.
before economic downturn was a company that provided opportunity
Material Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB25 October 2016
KBR offered great opportunity to grow before the economy made a turn for the worse. Great Benefits and most of the other staff were great to work with
Good Company
Turnover Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB18 March 2016
Good people to work with and wages were average. Deadlines were unrealistic and Management was not supportive. Benefits were above average.
Not the best place to work
Sr Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB19 January 2016
Office Manager is VERY cranky at all times...only sees her side of things and does not take suggestions to im prove office...making office moral very low..
Received a 2% raise after working hard for 2 years...office manager is very belittling and doesn't care about anyone's feelings but her own.
Hr is not for employees and not very professional...if you talk to them about a private problem the HR manager will spread it around the office - another con....really small office so you know who started what fight...wouldn't recommend working here.
Pros
Free food and benefits
Cons
Poor Management - like to micromanage office staff
KBR very easy and friendly company to for.
Heavy Equipment Operator (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB18 December 2015
Excellent working environment
Co workers very easy & helpful good working crews
Every day was a good day
Management very easy to work along side of, quick to help you if you required assistance.
Most enjoyable part of work day was all day
Pros
Company suppled PPE and heavy winter coats.
Cons
Hardest part of job was being laid off ( lost contract with Shell Canada)
great hours, lots of overtime, good co-workers.
Welder/Fitter (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB4 December 2015
the hours were great at this company, lots of overtime. very wise and knowledgeable journeymen that were not shy of sharing their experiences and knowledge.
Pros
lots of overtime
Cons
the compy no longer exits