KBR Employee Reviews

gym billards table tennis
Journeyman Pipefitter (Former Employee) –  Fort Saskatchewan, AB31 March 2018
This company is good our accommodation and food is good everyday we a forum before going to the field.the HR is always roaming around for our safety.our work is good.
Full Of knowledgeable employees
HSE Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Fort McMurray, AB25 February 2018
I've had the opportunity to work directly for KBR as well as along side them on a few occassion as a subcontractor when they whey were the prime contractor for a few major projects and i can honestly say that all employees were always helpful and knowledgeable from the first day i started to even when i was a sub and had questions and needed their help.
A very safe and productive environment
Journeyman Pipefitter (Former Employee) –  Fort Hills, AB20 February 2018
Working with a group of Gf's and Superintendent's that understand and communicates with the workers. Giving and pointing us in the right direction towards work and having a safe environment.
Pros
Giving recognitions
Cons
Some delayed in materials
Kbr
Pipefitter Apprentice (Former Employee) –  Dawson Creek, BC14 February 2018
Good company, great pay and good supervisor. Disorganized could be more in order. Great employees to work with dissent safety culture good company to work for.
Pros
Good pay
Cons
A bit disorganized
Great
Pipefitter (Current Employee) –  Edmonton, AB13 February 2018
Met great people. Management was fair and friendly. Always provided necessary tool, supplies, and information to do the job. Very focused on safety. One of the best.
good construction job
Piping General Foreman/ Foreman (Former Employee) –  Fort McMurray, AB6 February 2018
The only job I worked with KBR on was fort Hills, was a good construction job, workers were good atmosphere was excellent. We were busy most days working on pipe installation
Good Salary, plenty of room for advancement
QC LEAD (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB30 January 2018
Overall the best company I've worked for in terms of pay/opportunities for advancement. Unfortunately they don't have any projects right now otherwise I would still be here.
Pros
Good Salary
Cons
Not able to provide continuous work
great company
Pipefitter Apprentice (Former Employee) –  Fort McMurray, AB14 January 2018
great company great job
good environment
good manangement
good benefits
the days were long but overall it was a good experience as an apprentice
would work for them again
Great team leadership and cool work environment
3rd Year Pipefitter Apprentice (Former Employee) –  Fort Hills, AB11 January 2018
First time out with KBR, it was a good experience and supervision was readily available for any questions or concerns that needed to be addressed. One of the better outfits I've worked for in the patch!
Pros
Money was alright
Cons
No travel for flights
Great company to work for
Cost Controller (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB21 December 2017
I absolutely enjoy working for this company. I have met great people and worked within some very good groups. The mentors I have had have always been helpful and helped me to grow in my field.
Kbr
Turnover Coordinator/QC Administrator (Former Employee) –  Fort Mackay, AB19 December 2017
- Very fast pace
- Interesting Programs
- Made everyday an interesting day
- Fun coworkers
- Always on your toes
- Everyday you learn something new
- Have to work around office politics
Direct supervision is a revolving door
Utility Driver (Class 1) (Former Employee) –  Anzac, AB7 November 2017
During my time with KBR the supervision changed hands almost monthly. This makes it very difficult to know who your direction is supposed to come from.
Cons
Remote work sites
great place to work
Welder (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB6 November 2017
had a great time working with kbr. great management ,employees and overall work environment. long hours and good pay. i would recommend this company as A plus.
Camp Manager
Camp Services Manager/Administrator (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB24 October 2017
Ensure that all, life support, food services and accommodation management requirements are met by the camp contractors, and attend and participate in contractor safety meetings. Perform documented weekly camp and associated facilities inspections and ensure that all deficiencies are corrected in a timely manner.
Pros
Salary
Very productive
Civil Superintendent (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB17 October 2017
It was a great experience, Lots of activities happening at the same time and this required a lot of coordination to make things happen, we depended a lot on good weather and made the most of the good days. Other trades were good to deal with.
Pros
Close to home
Hr
Journeyman Electrician (Former Employee) –  Fort McMurray, AB8 October 2017
The HR management staff that i had worked with do have his job commitment. Working in oil and sand industrial must come with commitment and safety culture which every one of us must have.
Well rounded company
Assistant Contracts Administrator (Former Employee) –  Fort McMurray, AB7 October 2017
KBR believes in life balance and treats all employees as individuals. Safety and job satisfaction are number one priority. Company provided benefits are an extra bonus.
Very friendly staff and looked after workers safety
Steamfitter/Pipefitter Apprentice (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB5 October 2017
I worked with this company for 8 months and really enjoyed it there. Its always difficult with a job comes to and end and you get laid off. I wish to get back with them in the near future or a company that treats their employees as they did.
Pros
employee benefits and safe work environment
Cons
not enough work for full time
A great company to work in, very diverse and professional
Human Resource Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Kuwait30 August 2017
I have worked for KBR for more than 8 years, it is a gas and construction company to support the American army overseas, and it is very diverse and teaches you different perspectives from different people from around the world, it is long hours though but what makes it bearable is the high professionalism of its employees and their kind background that makes you forget the hours worked, loved every day
Pros
Free accommodation, food and transportation, vaactions are every 4 months
Cons
long hours, and only one day off
20 of my best years
Journeyman "B" Pressure Welder (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB30 August 2017
20 of my best years were with KBR, I started my apprenticeship with KBR and became a full fledged Journeyman Welder with KBR. Trained by some of the best individuals.