JYSK Employee Reviews

Not the greatest place to work
Operations Manager (Former Employee) –  Brampton, ON2 July 2019
The company is growing still trying to figure out to many things without proper planning beforehand expecting stores to work with little hours to give to mostly part-time staff they try to give good benefits to all staff the one plus but higher up management can't keep stores all in the same playing field by helping with tucks or finding easier ways to deal with unloading trucks trying to find product in an old inventory system
Honestly the best place I've ever worked
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Port Coquitlam, BC29 June 2019
Working at cash, I would check customer's item's out, help them with any questions they had, cleaned the cash area when the store wasn't busy, and occasionally took out and brought in the outdoor furniture in the morning or at the end of the night. As a cashier, you learn to communicate with people and learn to help as much as you can. Majority of the time, the customers were pleasant, and it was nice to be there long enough to learn the regular's names and get to know them. The employees there are the best people I've ever worked with; they were caring and good at their job, as well as nice to be around. It's a nice environment and since it is one of their smaller stores, it is easy to learn the stock and your surroundings, which makes it easier to answer customer's questions. The hardest part of the job was keeping time with cash when it got busy. Most customers are nice during this time, which makes the process a lot easier. The most enjoyable part of the job was bringing in the outdoor furniture because it gave me a bit of fresh air and quite a workout. All in all, a great place to work and I will miss it very much.
Pros
Make great friends and references
Cons
Standing for long periods of time
great work place
Cashier/Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Winnipeg, MB27 June 2019
I really enjoyed working here, staff and customers were always super nice! Work always went by so fast because they kept me busy, and I enjoyed my time working there too.
Overall Good Experience
Warehouse Associate (Current Employee) –  Sherwood Park, AB3 June 2019
An average day consists of responding to customer needs and concerns. Organizing warehouse and sales floor. Managing orders and deliveries. Close knit group of employees make for an enjoyable work experience.
Never again.
Sales Associate/Cashier (Former Employee) –  Winnipeg, MB29 May 2019
Management lied to me for months stating that I would move up the company, get a better position & more responsibility. Well I got more responsibilities but no raise or new job title. The staff is not properly trained.
Cons
Never room for advancement, unpredictable hours, terrible management
Meh
Warehouse Worker (Current Employee) –  Ottawa West, ON14 May 2019
Working at Jysk is alright, not the greatest. It is what it is though, it's a fine job for a first timer or just starting out but it won't last long..
Pros
Cool people to work with
Cons
you would want to quit the first month working in retail
Great place to work for a short time, does get stressful if it's long term.
Cashier (Former Employee) –  BC11 May 2019
The actual manager of the store is great and does a lot to keep the place up and running. It is your normal retail job and does get a little stressful or feels repetitive. Has good flexibility for those in school or has prior engagements. Everyone is friendly but does kind of stick to themselves.
Experince
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Ottawa, ON30 April 2019
Working at JYSK was great experience. Somedays where difficult but overall it was a great working there. The people are very friendly and it feels like a family
Pros
Work experince, Good working environment, Friendly associates
Cons
Short hours
Productive and fun workplace
CASHIER (Former Employee) –  Prince George, BC17 April 2019
Responded to customer’s concerns and complaints. Put out stock and maintained stores cleanliness. Helped direct customers to the appropriate sales associate or product. Greeted and directed the customers to the appropriate areas as per their needs either in person or by phone.
only worked there for a year
Warehouse Worker (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB13 April 2019
it was ok, super boring job but ok. its also super lame how your making me type you a story about a job that i barely even remember. so were almost at 150 now. good night jim kite
customer service and cashier
Cashier (Current Employee) –  Saskatoon, SK9 April 2019
Doing cashier and take care of customers.
learn how to used retail and merchandising.
good team work and work along.
always respect and enjoy working.
Everybody works as a team.
Cashier/Customer Service (Current Employee) –  Edmonton, AB8 April 2019
As a cash lead, i was able to interact with customers and have pleasant conversations with them. I also processed returns and put stock away in my area. With this position, I learned I had to be firm with customers at times, but they always left the store happy/satisfied. The workplace itself was very happy and friendly and the staff was great and always willing to help. For me, the hardest part in my entire career at Jysk was accepting changes to our policy after doing the same thing for 5 years. Since I started, I was always told I had to obey the return policy to a T. Recently, I was told to ignore everything the policy was about, just to make customers happy. I'm all about making customers happy but I also feel the policies are there for a reason and for sanitary reasons as well. The best part of my job is always making the customers happy, always going that extra mile to make sure they left the store with what they intended (and then some). This is a great place to work and I'm happy I was a part of it.
Used to be a good place
Store Manager (Former Employee) –  London, ON4 April 2019
The recent change in upper management has made this place a toxic environment to work.
The store managers are now supported to be disrespectful and put down staff yet do nothing.
I have known of hourly staff to complain to hr regarding store managers practices and because of who they were hired by they are protected.
terrible management
Cashier and Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Saskatoon, SK29 March 2019
company is doing terrible and they are putting way to much pressure and expectations on part-time minimum wage workers. they are much more relax jobs out there. this job should not have been such high stress for the pay.
Pros
absolutely nothing
Cons
absolutely everything
Horrible place to work
Warehouse / Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Barrie, ON21 March 2019
This place is not well managed, and the problems come from head office. They change shifts last minute, sell broken merchandise all the time, managers are never available when needed, no chance of promotions since they always hire from outside the company. Just a bad place to work.
Pros
Not working there
Cons
Everything else
Great people and great work
Sales & Warehouse associate (Former Employee) –  Oakville, ON14 March 2019
Working as a student was great, management was flexible with my hours and allowed my to pursuit my after school extracurriculars such as sports with ease. Would highly recommend as a student looking for part-time work.
Pros
Great environment, Flexible Hours
Cons
Boring stretches
Reliable and coordinated on work floor, sensible with a flexible schedule
Merchandiser (Former Employee) –  Medicine Hat, AB30 January 2019
Working as a great team member licensed, and providing sufficient costumer service in the work place at all times.
Employment is valued. Completely knowledgeable about the company and the job.
Ensure a open schedule with flexibly availability
Pros
Provided lunches, brakes and vocational pay if applicable
Cons
schedule not provided on time, available uniforms and visors or hats
Assistant Store Manager (Current Employee) –  Edmonton, AB20 January 2019
it was a good place to learn. It was a place where you could take your time and gain the knowledge needed to excel in your job description. Sales are hard, but with practise you can become an accomplished closer.
Can be an okay place to work
Cashier/Sales and Warehouse Associate (Former Employee) –  Guelph, ON6 January 2019
It is heavily dependent on your management. I personally dealt with three different managers during my time at Jysk, and they very heavily impacted the culture and environment of that given workplace.
There seems to be little managing of the managers strictly beyond merchandising and sales review in my experience, and that can lead to some problems.

Not a bad place to work, but not the best.
Pros
Can make comission
Cons
It's only on a very small number of store products which rarely go on sale
Good place to work, must be healthy and willing to work hard
Partenaire d'affaires aux Opérations (Current Employee) –  Longueuil, QC2 January 2019
This company is a place where you learn to mix hard work and customer service. There is a limit in advancement but the health benefits are quite good.
Pros
Life / Work flexability
Cons
Lack of communication within