JYSK Employee Reviews

Canada233 reviews
Relaxed
Not a whole lot to do sometimes, but they'll make you vacuum till the vacuum dies if there's nothing else going on. Enjoyed the dynamic with the staff when I worked there.
Worst management team
I have worked almost 3 years and I have never had such awful experience with a management team. They have no respect for their employees and make you do their job most of the time. I was told to resolve customer issues with absolutely no training given of how to deal with aggressive customers.The store manager is very unprofessional and does not care for the wellbeing of his employees at work. I have never felt so stressed working here than the past year because of the change in management. I would not recommend working at this company.
Productive and Great Place to work..!!
I think JYSK is a wonderful place to work. Would recommend the job to anyone. I have learned a lot from this job. The staff and management are great to work with..JYSK sets measurable and reasonable goals for their staff.
Great management, awesome staff
I've worked at this Jysk location for almost 2 years, and I wouldn't have spent those years anywhere else. Its been awesome and fun, my co-workers all seemed to love their job, the work inst stressful or overly challenging (until they tell you to build, that is). My favourite part, and hardest part, is building the furniture, second being working with my customers. Management is some of the best I've had, and there's decent room to grow. I started as part-time cash and quickly moved to full-time cashier, second to the lead cashier. I then moved into full-time sales, which encompassed most of the work on the floor. Some days I was furniture sales, some cashier, others stock, all of which I've enjoyed and moved toward myself. I've never felt pressured into doing anything I didn't want to. Very well rounded and varied job. There was always something new going on the shelves, and I've never found myself bored going to work.
It was a good experience. I learned from this job
Working at jysk was face paced I was responsible for training new staff I was also responsible for cashing cash in and out at end of day I also did bank deposits
great job
super easy scheduling, always enjoyed working here. stupid people caused problems every now and then but regardless, got plenty of hours the team was always laughing and I loved it.
Terrible training and very poor “leadership”
No training and poor salary benefits and work life balance

Terrible training and very poor “leadership”

Strongly encourage, observing the managers or operations mangers. Their lack of experience and care for the people and business speaks volumes.
a ginormous space of work with respecting employes
a big space where you had two chore and it was to keep the place clean and take care of the clients. the boss would help me with the client if needed
Pros
relaxe
Cons
the songs would repeat to much
Great People To Work With
I enjoyed the employees that I worked with and also was able to build a good relationship with a lot of the regular customers. My favorite part of the job was definitely the interaction with customers.
Amateur hour
Worked for JYSK for 3 years and embarrassed to say that I worked there for that long. Here is a summary of JYSK:

JYSK has no interest providing high quality customer service. JYSK is more worried about the store conditions, and stacking product up to the rafters, where no one can reach. You can tell what kind of place this is once you walk in. You will not be greeted, and will have to go on an expedition in order to find employees willing to help. Woefully short staffed at all times. Do not provide a cleaners to clean store, the workers are basically glorified janitors.

JYSK head office is filled with Family members/lifers, who are grossly out of touch with the day to day operations at store level. Most have never worked for other organizations, and have no idea what "normal" is. It borders on being a cult like operation. Have witnessed upper management ask store managers to cover up their arm tattoos by wearing long sleeves. Even Police organizations do not require this. They will fly a group of grown adults out to meetings in Vancouver, refuse to pay them travel time (while acting like theyre doing YOU a favor), and make them sit for 10+ hours, in their work uniforms complete with name badge LOL. That doesn't happen at other organizations. CEO loves to play make believe and has a god complex. CEO has only ever worked for JYSK and his skill set is better suited to run a lemonade stand or a street meat cart.

Every resource is stretched laughably thin at JYSK. Have issues with employees and escalate them to HR? You're on your own to figure it out. They have no solutions,
 - more...
Run away fast
Store manager treats staff like they're stupid. NO OPEN DOOR POLICY! I was concerned with the way the manager was treating employees and after going to HR I was terminated without cause..
Pros
Hard to find any unless you like high stress environments with minimal compensation.
Cons
Poor management & HR structure with invincible managers who can get away with mistreating staff.
workplace experience
JYSK Is best workplace. I have never seen the staff before they have; I got supportive staff and they are very coprative with each other. they satisfied each and every costomer in store.
Horrible place to work
Where do I begin..

Store managers bully you into results and threaten you with write ups. Expect to be overworked and underpaid.

HR does not have your back and if you try to complain about how bad things are they will just terminate you. Good luck. Do yourself a solid and look elsewhere!
Terrible Management
Nepotism runs rampant. The district managers wife is a department manager in one of the stores. The store manager would clock in and disappear off the premises and I would end up working 11+ hours a day because of it. When I lodged a complaint I was let go from my position.
Average customer service job
If you’ve worked retail before then you already know what to expect. The worst thing about the job is they expect you to focus on stocking rather than customer service. It should be the other way around.. management was ok I went through 2 different managers when I was there. The first manager I had didn’t have a back bone so the staff walked over him. The 2nd manager, he was friends with a lot of the staff that already worked there so it turned into a hang out vs a work environment
Nice people
No advancement potential for great employees. Management was okay but constant turnover. Pay for work could have been a lot more but work itself was easy and quick.
People are great! Helpful. We work as a team. No gossiping.. great managment. Great products.
Love working at burlington jysk.. i love the people i work with.. managment is the best ive ever worked for. Some days you are really busy. Somedays i work in the warehouse to help out..
part time associates
part time associates are extremely under valued. no pay raises, hours cut at a drop of a hat and they refuse to fire people during probationary periods even given ample reasons to do so.
Relaxed Environment
Great people to work with, Little stressful trying to find products for customers most times didn't have stock, store is extremely too small for the amount of product, Warehouse far too small to work in and to get the customers their products. Cant use forklift in warehouse due to size so must climb ladders with product that could too heavy to carry on ladder
It was okay
It was an okay company. Immediate staff was great, head office was a bit much to deal with as someone in a management position at store level. Salary was okay, a bit lower. You had to fight for your pay increases, but they were good with compromising. Worked long hours on salary, rarely got time back for OT due to an incomplete management team at the time, but the store manager would try her best to . As a start unto management i would say ut was good, but it was not my final career choice.
Awful company who supports a toxic atmosphere
Avoid JYSK at all costs. During my short time with the company, I was witness to non-existent health & safety policies and illegal activity condoned by corporate. The CEO is a condescending, dismissive and unprofessional man who unfortunately does not inspire me to 'go that extra mile' for JYSK. I cannot speak for the working conditions of our European counterparts, but the Canadian branch is a joke. Avoid at all costs.