JYSK Employee Reviews

Not a fun place to work barely no hours
Warehouse Associate (Former Employee) –  Kitchener, ON19 May 2018
Didn't have enough hours management always had an excuse for not giving hours better off working elsewhere then jysk the management where really rude the managers had favorites... they got special treatment and they get away with everything and anything
Fun place to work
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  London, ON10 May 2018
Fun place to work! If you enjoy any type of interior decorating or a fun sales job this is it for sure. Easy task, lots of fun with merchandising new products and helping customers find nice items.
Pros
fun sales
Cons
multiple different sales departments
The customers ruined it for me
Cashier/Customer Service (Current Employee) –  Calgary, AB23 April 2018
I have to deal with customers constantly harassing me and there's nothing I could do about it. You know, the customers are always right *sigh* All of the insults and swearing thrown at me gave me really bad anxiety.
The managers are fine, but I barely get any hours now. However, around the holidays, I would work six 8 hr shifts a week and we were always understaffed. Making customers wait in line during the holidays = angry customers = harassing cashiers.
Pros
Mangers and co-workers are nice
Cons
Either extremely slow days or extremely busy days, only one unpaid break, understaffed, not enough shifts, no assistance for cashiers who get haraased
fun place to work while in school
CASHIER (Current Employee) –  Guelph, ON23 February 2018
In a typical work day at JYSK as a cashier you would be expected to ring through customers, you will sometimes do online order reserves, merchandising as well as facing the store. But your main focus is superb customer service because you are the customers first and last contact.
Cons
short hours due to being in school
New management made me quit
Soft goods (Former Employee) –  Niagara Falls, ON15 February 2018
They say people leave people not jobs. I was a transferred employee who loved my job in Kitchener. I was able to move to the Niagara Falls location which I thought was great as I was moving. The store welcomed me onto the team and life was great. Until recent management changes happened. The store manager left and a new one came In and half of the employees have now quit. We are talking about people who have been with this company 5+ years. Cutting my hours but hiring a second warehouse guy. This is a horrible place to consider working for now.
Pros
They paid you not well but always got paid
Cons
Management sucks
Great Job for Customer Service Experience
Lead Cashier (Former Employee) –  Nanaimo, BC3 February 2018
My duties as a supervisor where vast. Great job for building customer service and multi talking skills. Pleasant team environment and well rounded management.
Pros
Team/Community Environment
Cons
Low Hours during Slow Seasons
Somewhat Challenging Work Environment
Demand Planner (Current Employee) –  Port Coquitlam, BC18 January 2018
Challenging work environment with several moving pieces that don't always line up as they should. Management strives to make it a fun workplace to be in
A nice workplace for people wanting to get a first job.
Service client (Current Employee) –  Laval, QC18 January 2018
This is my first actual job that I ever got. It is a nice environment to work in with a lovely team of managers and other employees. The work itself isn't very hard and you can learn it pretty quickly. The only thing that isn't great is that you don't always get a lot of hours, if your just a part time worker which most people are besides mostly managers, and the salary is low. However, besides those cons, I did get to have a lot of experience working in that store with having supportive managers who want to help you learn and also with interacting with different kinds of customers.
Pros
Work environment
Cons
Not enough hours all the time, low salary
Okay Place to work
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Red Deer, AB2 January 2018
I worked at JYSK for close to two years and have to say I am glad I left! I worked through multiple changes in managers and staff and although in the time I worked there I did make a few friends and have a decent time there was a lot of conflict with managers in which HR didn't react to quickly enough causing a lot of stress in the work environment and people to leave. In saying so there has been a change in management but with my relations with people who still work there, there seems to still be a lot of conflict with new store managers and remaining managers.

If you are looking for shorter shifts and working occasionally every few days this job will work for you but the hours are limited.
Worst company to work for
N/A (Former Employee) –  Kelowna, BC18 December 2017
I worked for this company in Kelowna what is the worst company I've ever worked for the measurements terrible they're Liars they mistreat people they asked me to work a dangerous situations overall this is a not a company that you want to work for the company that goes nowhere
Pros
Cons
The management are all liars the Miss treat people
Fun, fast-paced place to work
Lead Cashier (Current Employee) –  Regina, SK12 December 2017
Typical day at work is dealing with friendly people, awesome coworkers, pretty busy place. I've learnt so much working here, my mangers have taught me so much from the very start.
Managment is great! They are very helpful, very friendly, always makes sure customer satisfaction is number 1!
The store is clean, tidy, well stocked.
The most enjoyable part of my job are the people I work with!

We are a very outgoing, energetic group of people!! :)
Horrible people to work with
Cashier and Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Belleville, ON28 November 2017
depending on the position you are hired for you are either standing for 8 hours straight or doing nothing but smoking sigs in the warehouse. Only one half hour brake
Pros
Cons
everything
No room to move up, can be fun though
Hard Goods Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Hamilton, ON22 October 2017
There is sadly no room for full time employees. Which means you do not qualify for benefits or bonuses even though you may put in at least 32 hours a week and work hard. Not directly management's fault but more so upper management. There is alot riding on your managers to perform above and beyond and if they don't they still get paid but you won't. .. good start for younger kids and younger crowd. Not so much for people with career goals and aspirations. Can be very busy so if your not used to being pulled in all kinds of directions do not apply. I came out of this job with some decent skills I'll take with me further. But I will never give jysk anymore of my time. I lasted 8 months.
Pros
My management team was fun, comissions were ok
Cons
Constant cutting of hours, have to do alot of work by yourself when you should have a second set of hands
Easy place to work
Warehouse Worker (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB19 October 2017
Didn't work there for too long, don't really have a minimum of 150 characters to type about it. why is that a thing I'm so close now just a bit more haha
Lied about multiple things in the interview
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Red Deer, AB15 October 2017
I was hired and told the schedules were done 4 weeks in advanced, theyre barely done a week ahead. Also was told it would be mainly 8 hour shifts, false 90% of them are 4 hour shifts. The ad i applied for said full time got to the interview turns out they dont even hire full time. Management doesnt actually train you they just expect you to know what you're doing and if its done wrong or you ask questions tgey are crabby and passive agressive. Have heard multiple members of management and coordinators make fun of myself and other new staff.
Pros
Get multiple paid breaks during the day
Productive and fun workplace
Senior AP Clerk (Former Employee) –  Port Coquitlam, BC26 September 2017
It's pretty impressive of working experience in JYSK because it's a fast expanding company has more than about 100 stores across Canada plus a web store.

Learned some new processing method on credit card reconciliation.
Pros
close to my home
A friendly working environment
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Red Deer, AB25 September 2017
Co worker is friendly.
Managers is very accommodating with the schedule.
They are very particular with staff break.
They will support you in your decisions.
They will help you if you are dealing with difficult customer.
Pros
15 staff discount
Cons
lesser hours
Poor working environment
CASHIER (Current Employee) –  Regina, SK20 September 2017
They don't give loyal workers any hours. With not getting any hours comes not getting benefits. The employees need a better attitude. The warehouse is an absolute disaster 90%, the only time it is clean is when the district manager comes out.Boxes are damaged a lot by the carelessness of the warehouse crew.The store manager does not give a hoot about his job just that hes glad to be paid good money.
Pros
exerience
Cons
absolutely bad company
welcoming company
Store Operator (Former Employee) –  Red Deer, AB18 September 2017
This company is one I recommend to friends who want a fast paced job with growth potential. Working for Jysk I learned a lot and made several lifelong friends.
Pros
culture of growth and community
Cons
salaried position
Fun workplace.
Owner Operator (Former Employee) –  Vancouver, BC18 September 2017
An average day the field is going to stores and picking up product from them. Interacting with the managers and warehouse workers. Driving to customers houses and delivering their product.

Hardest part of the job is lifting the heavy boxes.

Most enjoyable part of the job is watching the smiles on the customers faces when they recieve their product.
Pros
Good people to work with
Cons

Ask a question about working or interviewing at JYSK. Our community is ready to answer.