JYSK Employee Reviews

Worst job ever!!
Cashier/Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB4 November 2018
It was good at first, but after a while, you will see your mental and physical health rapidly decline. There is very little protection for workers from the customers. I’ve been verbally and physically assaulted, and nothing was done. I now have PTSD, and was forced to quit my job. It was horrible, and I would rather be homeless than take this job again.
Pros
Flexible schedule
Cons
Long hours, no security, understaffed, little opportunity to advance or get a raise
Not worth it
Warehouse (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ON6 November 2018
Too much politics in the warehouse. Don’t appreciate the employees who work hard. Always favours to the employees who doesn’t work. Warehouse management team needs to be fixed. The warehouse management just let people go cause these management people does not get along and and after give all kind of excuses.

Please don’t waste of your life here.
Excellent place to work
sales associate (Current Employee) –  Oshawa, ON13 October 2018
i loved working at jysk. I couuld not say one bad thing about my experience at JYSK. if i was having a bad day going to work would always cheer me up. There is lots of opportunitiesto move up within the company. the only reason i left my job at JYSK was because i had to move & there is no JYSK located in my city. The management was wonderful as were my fellow employees, i viewed everyone as a second family. 10/10 recommend getting a job at JYSK
Pros
great management, ability to move up in the company, competitive wages, doable workloads, fair treatment, fun job
Cons
Not a lot of hours at certain times of the year for smaller stores
Good place to work, must be healthy and willing to work hard
Partenaire d'affaires aux Opérations (Current Employee) –  Longueuil, QC2 January 2019
This company is a place where you learn to mix hard work and customer service. There is a limit in advancement but the health benefits are quite good.
Pros
Life / Work flexability
Cons
Lack of communication within
its nice
Sales Associate/ Cashier (Current Employee) –  Red Deer, AB22 November 2018
a typical work day is pretty fair if you ask me! if you are a fast learner and very keen to detail then i would have to say this job is the right one for you!

jysk defiantly has a good learning experience field as well, you will pretty much learn all the basic tools and necessities to make and land a sale while learning how to organize the store in a clean professional matter

the management there does have a few flaws, but all in all they are really friendly and outgoing people who are easy to work with and answer any questions that may come to your mind.

i would have to say the most enjoyable part of my job is making a costumers day. no matter what jysk strives to make sure costumers always come first over any priority in the store.
Pros
good hours, friendly staff, hard working environment
Cons
N/a
Perfect Part-Time Job
Sales Associate/Seasonal Captain (Former Employee) –  Windsor, ON19 October 2018
- Typical day consists of laughing with coworkers and having a fun time working and stocking

- Customer service, communication, sales are skills you learn, many more.

- Management was alright but got much better

- Great culture

- No hard parts

- The people are great
Pros
everything
Cons
nothing
Warehouse is slavery
Warehouse Worker (Former Employee) –  Oakville, ON19 September 2018
In particular the oakville location is terrible, one guy working in the back (he will probably break his back no one helps him) I am afternoon shift person working here for awhile, management constantly changing, now we have a new anti social manager who only talks to one person, HONESTLY they should be paying the warehouse guys so much more.
Pros
good for introverts
Cons
terrible pay for the excessive amount of work done.
Company
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  London, ON10 June 2018
At my location, the company is under new management all around, and needs to be worked on. Organization should be a priority, but instead they're working on customers customers customers.... but customers aren't going to show up if the store isn't clean and organized.

Other than that, I love the job. As a sales representative i feel like management is very fair towards us. Although I would like more chances to prove I am capable of more than just "soft goods".

This is only the 2nd job I've ever had, and I've stuck to it for 2 years, and enjoy the family atmosphere.
Pros
Sarcastic, friendly, enjoyable coworkers
Cons
New management needs better organization skills.
No room to move up, can be fun though
Hard Goods Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Hamilton, ON22 October 2017
There is sadly no room for full time employees. Which means you do not qualify for benefits or bonuses even though you may put in at least 32 hours a week and work hard. Not directly management's fault but more so upper management. There is alot riding on your managers to perform above and beyond and if they don't they still get paid but you won't. .. good start for younger kids and younger crowd. Not so much for people with career goals and aspirations. Can be very busy so if your not used to being pulled in all kinds of directions do not apply. I came out of this job with some decent skills I'll take with me further. But I will never give jysk anymore of my time. I lasted 8 months.
Pros
My management team was fun, comissions were ok
Cons
Constant cutting of hours, have to do alot of work by yourself when you should have a second set of hands
Be wary
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  London, ON19 May 2018
South store management much better than North store, however... Company has incredibly high turn over, not many can handle the pressure and how they expect you to live at the store with no work life balance. Store manager at North is very two faced and passive aggressive, be warned.
Very long hours.
Warehouse Lead (Former Employee) –  Brampton, ON10 October 2018
Jysk was a very busy place and you would often be working very long shifts sometimes open to close. The management was not the greatest and were not too keen about giving days off.
Corporate Culture Lacking
Manager (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON5 November 2018
I would not recommend this company.
Store employees and most store management were pleasant and easy to work with. Senior Management were change adverse.
enjoyable workplace , pay was okay , scheduling was not , some issues with management
Cashier / Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Stoney Creek, ON6 October 2018
when I got a second job thy would continue to book me in for shifts even thought I repeatedly told them the days I couldn't work
when I was supposed to be on cash they would have people from warehouse on cash and I was left to clean whole store , just disorganized
Someone get me out
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Surrey, BC15 June 2018
Honestly just there cause I need the money.
The managers make me feel awful enough that I don't even feel super comfortable putting my position in case they identify me.
They're so rude and condescending. Two are great, one is meh, one is just terrible. The one is vulgar, swears left right and center, talks badly about customers (which I don't do, even when frustrated) and will always ALWAYS try to guilt trip you if you mess up. It's such a toxic work environment. I feel like crying in every shift.
The only silver lining is the fact that the employees are awesome. They're so nice and funny, we joke around and it's like we've all got a little family of sufferers. Suffering really makes you connect with someone. Why I didn't give them straight one star reviews, great people to work with. Still can't wait until I can leave though.
Please do not apply here. Seriously. Unless you are actually going to start starving on the street. Disregard the former employee, I gave false dates, I'm still there but again I don't want to identify myself.
Pros
You're funny.
Cons
I don't have 300 hours to write and describe them all.
Assistant Store Manager (Current Employee) –  Edmonton, AB20 January 2019
it was a good place to learn. It was a place where you could take your time and gain the knowledge needed to excel in your job description. Sales are hard, but with practise you can become an accomplished closer.
Compagnie pas tres vielle alors souvant en changement
Directrice des opérations (Former Employee) –  Boisbriand, QC st-Jerome laval20 December 2018
Cette compagnie n'es pas tres vielle, il y as beaucoup d'essais et erreur. Alors difficile pour moi d'avoir une equilibre .Et le service a la clientele n'es pas a l'honneur.
Pros
Compagnie pres de chez moi
Great Place to Work
Cashier (Current Employee) –  Surrey, BC12 June 2018
I have worked here for 1.5 years and I love it. Coworkers are super fun, management is very open and approachable, open door policy. We are like a family, we all joke around with each other. I love it there. 5 stars.
Not a fun place to work barely no hours
Warehouse Associate (Former Employee) –  Kitchener, ON19 May 2018
Didn't have enough hours management always had an excuse for not giving hours better off working elsewhere then jysk the management where really rude the managers had favorites... they got special treatment and they get away with everything and anything
Cons
New management made me quit
Soft goods (Former Employee) –  Niagara Falls, ON15 February 2018
They say people leave people not jobs. I was a transferred employee who loved my job in Kitchener. I was able to move to the Niagara Falls location which I thought was great as I was moving. The store welcomed me onto the team and life was great. Until recent management changes happened. The store manager left and a new one came In and half of the employees have now quit. We are talking about people who have been with this company 5+ years. Cutting my hours but hiring a second warehouse guy. This is a horrible place to consider working for now.
Pros
They paid you not well but always got paid
Cons
Management sucks
not bad
Volunteer (Former Employee) –  Nanaimo, BC6 September 2018
i was a good place to work the co-workers were easy to get along with and the place was not taxing or difficult to get use to and the customers were not to pushy or angry with you when you said it was your first day...but don't open with that it won't help at all.
Pros
nice enviroment
Cons

Ask a question about working or interviewing at JYSK. Our community is ready to answer.