JYSK Employee Reviews

Great people and great work
Sales & Warehouse associate (Former Employee) –  Oakville, ON14 March 2019
Working as a student was great, management was flexible with my hours and allowed my to pursuit my after school extracurriculars such as sports with ease. Would highly recommend as a student looking for part-time work.
Pros
Great environment, Flexible Hours
Cons
Boring stretches
Reliable and coordinated on work floor, sensible with a flexible schedule
Merchandiser (Former Employee) –  Medicine Hat, AB30 January 2019
Working as a great team member licensed, and providing sufficient costumer service in the work place at all times.
Employment is valued. Completely knowledgeable about the company and the job.
Ensure a open schedule with flexibly availability
Pros
Provided lunches, brakes and vocational pay if applicable
Cons
schedule not provided on time, available uniforms and visors or hats
Assistant Store Manager (Current Employee) –  Edmonton, AB20 January 2019
it was a good place to learn. It was a place where you could take your time and gain the knowledge needed to excel in your job description. Sales are hard, but with practise you can become an accomplished closer.
Good place to work, must be healthy and willing to work hard
Partenaire d'affaires aux Opérations (Current Employee) –  Longueuil, QC2 January 2019
This company is a place where you learn to mix hard work and customer service. There is a limit in advancement but the health benefits are quite good.
Pros
Life / Work flexability
Cons
Lack of communication within
Compagnie pas tres vielle alors souvant en changement
Directrice des opérations (Former Employee) –  Boisbriand, QC st-Jerome laval20 December 2018
Cette compagnie n'es pas tres vielle, il y as beaucoup d'essais et erreur. Alors difficile pour moi d'avoir une equilibre .Et le service a la clientele n'es pas a l'honneur.
Pros
Compagnie pres de chez moi
its nice
Sales Associate/ Cashier (Current Employee) –  Red Deer, AB22 November 2018
a typical work day is pretty fair if you ask me! if you are a fast learner and very keen to detail then i would have to say this job is the right one for you!

jysk defiantly has a good learning experience field as well, you will pretty much learn all the basic tools and necessities to make and land a sale while learning how to organize the store in a clean professional matter

the management there does have a few flaws, but all in all they are really friendly and outgoing people who are easy to work with and answer any questions that may come to your mind.

i would have to say the most enjoyable part of my job is making a costumers day. no matter what jysk strives to make sure costumers always come first over any priority in the store.
Pros
good hours, friendly staff, hard working environment
Cons
N/a
Not worth it
Warehouse (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ON6 November 2018
Too much politics in the warehouse. Don’t appreciate the employees who work hard. Always favours to the employees who doesn’t work. Warehouse management team needs to be fixed. The warehouse management just let people go cause these management people does not get along and and after give all kind of excuses.

Please don’t waste of your life here.
Corporate Culture Lacking
Manager (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON5 November 2018
I would not recommend this company.
Store employees and most store management were pleasant and easy to work with. Senior Management were change adverse.
Worst job ever!!
Cashier/Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB4 November 2018
It was good at first, but after a while, you will see your mental and physical health rapidly decline. There is very little protection for workers from the customers. I’ve been verbally and physically assaulted, and nothing was done. I now have PTSD, and was forced to quit my job. It was horrible, and I would rather be homeless than take this job again.
Pros
Flexible schedule
Cons
Long hours, no security, understaffed, little opportunity to advance or get a raise
Perfect Part-Time Job
Sales Associate/Seasonal Captain (Former Employee) –  Windsor, ON19 October 2018
- Typical day consists of laughing with coworkers and having a fun time working and stocking

- Customer service, communication, sales are skills you learn, many more.

- Management was alright but got much better

- Great culture

- No hard parts

- The people are great
Pros
everything
Cons
nothing
Excellent place to work
sales associate (Current Employee) –  Oshawa, ON13 October 2018
i loved working at jysk. I couuld not say one bad thing about my experience at JYSK. if i was having a bad day going to work would always cheer me up. There is lots of opportunitiesto move up within the company. the only reason i left my job at JYSK was because i had to move & there is no JYSK located in my city. The management was wonderful as were my fellow employees, i viewed everyone as a second family. 10/10 recommend getting a job at JYSK
Pros
great management, ability to move up in the company, competitive wages, doable workloads, fair treatment, fun job
Cons
Not a lot of hours at certain times of the year for smaller stores
Very long hours.
Warehouse Lead (Former Employee) –  Brampton, ON10 October 2018
Jysk was a very busy place and you would often be working very long shifts sometimes open to close. The management was not the greatest and were not too keen about giving days off.
enjoyable workplace , pay was okay , scheduling was not , some issues with management
Cashier / Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Stoney Creek, ON6 October 2018
when I got a second job thy would continue to book me in for shifts even thought I repeatedly told them the days I couldn't work
when I was supposed to be on cash they would have people from warehouse on cash and I was left to clean whole store , just disorganized
Warehouse is slavery
Warehouse Worker (Former Employee) –  Oakville, ON19 September 2018
In particular the oakville location is terrible, one guy working in the back (he will probably break his back no one helps him) I am afternoon shift person working here for awhile, management constantly changing, now we have a new anti social manager who only talks to one person, HONESTLY they should be paying the warehouse guys so much more.
Pros
good for introverts
Cons
terrible pay for the excessive amount of work done.
They only like to hire men.
Worked in the warehouse (Former Employee) –  Coquitlam, BC11 September 2018
They only like to work with men. They go through labour agencies and only want to have men sent there. That's all I have to say about it and that is that
not bad
Volunteer (Former Employee) –  Nanaimo, BC6 September 2018
i was a good place to work the co-workers were easy to get along with and the place was not taxing or difficult to get use to and the customers were not to pushy or angry with you when you said it was your first day...but don't open with that it won't help at all.
Pros
nice enviroment
Hands on approach required
Store Manager (Current Employee) –  Guelph, ON5 August 2018
A typical day at Jysk consists of sales and customer service. You need to have a hands approach. Unloading and bunking furniture. Working stock to the floor. Merchandising and replenishment skills are required. Loading furniture and other goods into customers vehicles required.
okay work i guess
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Surrey, BC31 July 2018
pay is ok work is ok
just warehouse stuff
lots of summer patio sales
lots of customer service
lots of customer support
weekends are really busy
lots of heavy lifting
Pros
ok job
Cons
ok job
Lead - Merchandiser/Warehouse (Former Employee) –  Belleville, ON10 July 2018
Managers are always up beat , and on task . Lots of good sales every week , costumes service is really good . Super friendly Cashiers , quick on their toes .
Jysk
MANAGER AND MERCHANDISER (Former Employee) –  Barrie, ON16 June 2018
Everyone is amazing, work load is large but what can you expect its a high end furniture store. great prices, great hours with a team focused on working together.
Pros
Great pay
Cons
Heavy work load