JYSK Employee Reviews

Not worth it
Warehouse (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ON6 November 2018
Too much politics in the warehouse. Don’t appreciate the employees who work hard. Always favours to the employees who doesn’t work. Warehouse management team needs to be fixed. The warehouse management just let people go cause these management people does not get along and and after give all kind of excuses.

Please don’t waste of your life here.
Corporate Culture Lacking
Manager (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON5 November 2018
I would not recommend this company.
Store employees and most store management were pleasant and easy to work with. Senior Management were change adverse.
Excellent place to work
sales associate (Current Employee) –  Oshawa, ON13 October 2018
i loved working at jysk. I couuld not say one bad thing about my experience at JYSK. if i was having a bad day going to work would always cheer me up. There is lots of opportunitiesto move up within the company. the only reason i left my job at JYSK was because i had to move & there is no JYSK located in my city. The management was wonderful as were my fellow employees, i viewed everyone as a second family. 10/10 recommend getting a job at JYSK
Pros
great management, ability to move up in the company, competitive wages, doable workloads, fair treatment, fun job
Cons
Not a lot of hours at certain times of the year for smaller stores
Warehouse is slavery
Warehouse Worker (Former Employee) –  Oakville, ON19 September 2018
In particular the oakville location is terrible, one guy working in the back (he will probably break his back no one helps him) I am afternoon shift person working here for awhile, management constantly changing, now we have a new anti social manager who only talks to one person, HONESTLY they should be paying the warehouse guys so much more.
Pros
good for introverts
Cons
terrible pay for the excessive amount of work done.
They only like to hire men.
Worked in the warehouse (Former Employee) –  Coquitlam, BC11 September 2018
They only like to work with men. They go through labour agencies and only want to have men sent there. That's all I have to say about it and that is that
not bad
Volunteer (Former Employee) –  Nanaimo, BC6 September 2018
i was a good place to work the co-workers were easy to get along with and the place was not taxing or difficult to get use to and the customers were not to pushy or angry with you when you said it was your first day...but don't open with that it won't help at all.
Pros
nice enviroment
Hands on approach required
Store Manager (Current Employee) –  Guelph, ON5 August 2018
A typical day at Jysk consists of sales and customer service. You need to have a hands approach. Unloading and bunking furniture. Working stock to the floor. Merchandising and replenishment skills are required. Loading furniture and other goods into customers vehicles required.
okay work i guess
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Surrey, BC31 July 2018
pay is ok work is ok
just warehouse stuff
lots of summer patio sales
lots of customer service
lots of customer support
weekends are really busy
lots of heavy lifting
Pros
ok job
Cons
ok job
Lead - Merchandiser/Warehouse (Former Employee) –  Belleville, ON10 July 2018
Managers are always up beat , and on task . Lots of good sales every week , costumes service is really good . Super friendly Cashiers , quick on their toes .
Jysk
MANAGER AND MERCHANDISER (Former Employee) –  Barrie, ON16 June 2018
Everyone is amazing, work load is large but what can you expect its a high end furniture store. great prices, great hours with a team focused on working together.
Pros
Great pay
Cons
Heavy work load
Someone get me out
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Surrey, BC15 June 2018
Honestly just there cause I need the money.
The managers make me feel awful enough that I don't even feel super comfortable putting my position in case they identify me.
They're so rude and condescending. Two are great, one is meh, one is just terrible. The one is vulgar, swears left right and center, talks badly about customers (which I don't do, even when frustrated) and will always ALWAYS try to guilt trip you if you mess up. It's such a toxic work environment. I feel like crying in every shift.
The only silver lining is the fact that the employees are awesome. They're so nice and funny, we joke around and it's like we've all got a little family of sufferers. Suffering really makes you connect with someone. Why I didn't give them straight one star reviews, great people to work with. Still can't wait until I can leave though.
Please do not apply here. Seriously. Unless you are actually going to start starving on the street. Disregard the former employee, I gave false dates, I'm still there but again I don't want to identify myself.
Pros
You're funny.
Cons
I don't have 300 hours to write and describe them all.
Great Place to Work
Cashier (Current Employee) –  Surrey, BC12 June 2018
I have worked here for 1.5 years and I love it. Coworkers are super fun, management is very open and approachable, open door policy. We are like a family, we all joke around with each other. I love it there. 5 stars.
Good Job
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Saskatoon, SK12 June 2018
Good People, Good job, Nice atmosphere. Learn new things, All good . Nice Staff, Good Management. Good Hours. Nice Staff. Good Employers. Nice Working Atmosphere.
Not a fun place to work barely no hours
Warehouse Associate (Former Employee) –  Kitchener, ON19 May 2018
Didn't have enough hours management always had an excuse for not giving hours better off working elsewhere then jysk the management where really rude the managers had favorites... they got special treatment and they get away with everything and anything
Great company
CUSTOMER SERVICE REP (Former Employee) –  Brampton, ON13 May 2018
I was able to maintain a top seller and top customer service rep due to my training maintained at Jysk. I was able to learn how to work with customers and how to make the happy.
Fun place to work
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  London, ON10 May 2018
Fun place to work! If you enjoy any type of interior decorating or a fun sales job this is it for sure. Easy task, lots of fun with merchandising new products and helping customers find nice items.
Pros
fun sales
Cons
multiple different sales departments
The customers ruined it for me
Cashier/Customer Service (Current Employee) –  Calgary, AB23 April 2018
I have to deal with customers constantly harassing me and there's nothing I could do about it. You know, the customers are always right *sigh* All of the insults and swearing thrown at me gave me really bad anxiety.
The managers are fine, but I barely get any hours now. However, around the holidays, I would work six 8 hr shifts a week and we were always understaffed. Making customers wait in line during the holidays = angry customers = harassing cashiers.
Pros
Mangers and co-workers are nice
Cons
Either extremely slow days or extremely busy days, only one unpaid break, understaffed, not enough shifts, no assistance for cashiers who get haraased
fun place to work while in school
CASHIER (Current Employee) –  Guelph, ON23 February 2018
In a typical work day at JYSK as a cashier you would be expected to ring through customers, you will sometimes do online order reserves, merchandising as well as facing the store. But your main focus is superb customer service because you are the customers first and last contact.
Cons
short hours due to being in school
New management made me quit
Soft goods (Former Employee) –  Niagara Falls, ON15 February 2018
They say people leave people not jobs. I was a transferred employee who loved my job in Kitchener. I was able to move to the Niagara Falls location which I thought was great as I was moving. The store welcomed me onto the team and life was great. Until recent management changes happened. The store manager left and a new one came In and half of the employees have now quit. We are talking about people who have been with this company 5+ years. Cutting my hours but hiring a second warehouse guy. This is a horrible place to consider working for now.
Pros
They paid you not well but always got paid
Cons
Management sucks
Great Job for Customer Service Experience
Lead Cashier (Former Employee) –  Nanaimo, BC3 February 2018
My duties as a supervisor where vast. Great job for building customer service and multi talking skills. Pleasant team environment and well rounded management.
Pros
Team/Community Environment
Cons
Low Hours during Slow Seasons

Ask a question about working or interviewing at JYSK. Our community is ready to answer.