JYSK Employee Reviews

They only like to hire men.
Worked in the warehouse (Former Employee) –  Coquitlam, BC11 September 2018
They only like to work with men. They go through labour agencies and only want to have men sent there. That's all I have to say about it and that is that
Hands on approach required
Store Manager (Current Employee) –  Guelph, ON5 August 2018
A typical day at Jysk consists of sales and customer service. You need to have a hands approach. Unloading and bunking furniture. Working stock to the floor. Merchandising and replenishment skills are required. Loading furniture and other goods into customers vehicles required.
okay work i guess
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Surrey, BC31 July 2018
pay is ok work is ok
just warehouse stuff
lots of summer patio sales
lots of customer service
lots of customer support
weekends are really busy
lots of heavy lifting
Pros
ok job
Cons
ok job
Lead - Merchandiser/Warehouse (Former Employee) –  Belleville, ON10 July 2018
Managers are always up beat , and on task . Lots of good sales every week , costumes service is really good . Super friendly Cashiers , quick on their toes .
Jysk
MANAGER AND MERCHANDISER (Former Employee) –  Barrie, ON16 June 2018
Everyone is amazing, work load is large but what can you expect its a high end furniture store. great prices, great hours with a team focused on working together.
Pros
Great pay
Cons
Heavy work load
Someone get me out
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Surrey, BC15 June 2018
Honestly just there cause I need the money.
The managers make me feel awful enough that I don't even feel super comfortable putting my position in case they identify me.
They're so rude and condescending. Two are great, one is meh, one is just terrible. The one is vulgar, swears left right and center, talks badly about customers (which I don't do, even when frustrated) and will always ALWAYS try to guilt trip you if you mess up. It's such a toxic work environment. I feel like crying in every shift.
The only silver lining is the fact that the employees are awesome. They're so nice and funny, we joke around and it's like we've all got a little family of sufferers. Suffering really makes you connect with someone. Why I didn't give them straight one star reviews, great people to work with. Still can't wait until I can leave though.
Please do not apply here. Seriously. Unless you are actually going to start starving on the street. Disregard the former employee, I gave false dates, I'm still there but again I don't want to identify myself.
Pros
You're funny.
Cons
I don't have 300 hours to write and describe them all.
Great Place to Work
Cashier (Current Employee) –  Surrey, BC12 June 2018
I have worked here for 1.5 years and I love it. Coworkers are super fun, management is very open and approachable, open door policy. We are like a family, we all joke around with each other. I love it there. 5 stars.
Good Job
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Saskatoon, SK12 June 2018
Good People, Good job, Nice atmosphere. Learn new things, All good . Nice Staff, Good Management. Good Hours. Nice Staff. Good Employers. Nice Working Atmosphere.
Not a fun place to work barely no hours
Warehouse Associate (Former Employee) –  Kitchener, ON19 May 2018
Didn't have enough hours management always had an excuse for not giving hours better off working elsewhere then jysk the management where really rude the managers had favorites... they got special treatment and they get away with everything and anything
Great company
CUSTOMER SERVICE REP (Former Employee) –  Brampton, ON13 May 2018
I was able to maintain a top seller and top customer service rep due to my training maintained at Jysk. I was able to learn how to work with customers and how to make the happy.
Fun place to work
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  London, ON10 May 2018
Fun place to work! If you enjoy any type of interior decorating or a fun sales job this is it for sure. Easy task, lots of fun with merchandising new products and helping customers find nice items.
Pros
fun sales
Cons
multiple different sales departments
The customers ruined it for me
Cashier/Customer Service (Current Employee) –  Calgary, AB23 April 2018
I have to deal with customers constantly harassing me and there's nothing I could do about it. You know, the customers are always right *sigh* All of the insults and swearing thrown at me gave me really bad anxiety.
The managers are fine, but I barely get any hours now. However, around the holidays, I would work six 8 hr shifts a week and we were always understaffed. Making customers wait in line during the holidays = angry customers = harassing cashiers.
Pros
Mangers and co-workers are nice
Cons
Either extremely slow days or extremely busy days, only one unpaid break, understaffed, not enough shifts, no assistance for cashiers who get haraased
fun place to work while in school
CASHIER (Current Employee) –  Guelph, ON23 February 2018
In a typical work day at JYSK as a cashier you would be expected to ring through customers, you will sometimes do online order reserves, merchandising as well as facing the store. But your main focus is superb customer service because you are the customers first and last contact.
Cons
short hours due to being in school
New management made me quit
Soft goods (Former Employee) –  Niagara Falls, ON15 February 2018
They say people leave people not jobs. I was a transferred employee who loved my job in Kitchener. I was able to move to the Niagara Falls location which I thought was great as I was moving. The store welcomed me onto the team and life was great. Until recent management changes happened. The store manager left and a new one came In and half of the employees have now quit. We are talking about people who have been with this company 5+ years. Cutting my hours but hiring a second warehouse guy. This is a horrible place to consider working for now.
Pros
They paid you not well but always got paid
Cons
Management sucks
Great Job for Customer Service Experience
Lead Cashier (Former Employee) –  Nanaimo, BC3 February 2018
My duties as a supervisor where vast. Great job for building customer service and multi talking skills. Pleasant team environment and well rounded management.
Pros
Team/Community Environment
Cons
Low Hours during Slow Seasons
Somewhat Challenging Work Environment
Demand Planner (Current Employee) –  Port Coquitlam, BC18 January 2018
Challenging work environment with several moving pieces that don't always line up as they should. Management strives to make it a fun workplace to be in
A nice workplace for people wanting to get a first job.
Service client (Current Employee) –  Laval, QC18 January 2018
This is my first actual job that I ever got. It is a nice environment to work in with a lovely team of managers and other employees. The work itself isn't very hard and you can learn it pretty quickly. The only thing that isn't great is that you don't always get a lot of hours, if your just a part time worker which most people are besides mostly managers, and the salary is low. However, besides those cons, I did get to have a lot of experience working in that store with having supportive managers who want to help you learn and also with interacting with different kinds of customers.
Pros
Work environment
Cons
Not enough hours all the time, low salary
Okay Place to work
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Red Deer, AB2 January 2018
I worked at JYSK for close to two years and have to say I am glad I left! I worked through multiple changes in managers and staff and although in the time I worked there I did make a few friends and have a decent time there was a lot of conflict with managers in which HR didn't react to quickly enough causing a lot of stress in the work environment and people to leave. In saying so there has been a change in management but with my relations with people who still work there, there seems to still be a lot of conflict with new store managers and remaining managers.

If you are looking for shorter shifts and working occasionally every few days this job will work for you but the hours are limited.
Worst company to work for
N/A (Former Employee) –  Kelowna, BC18 December 2017
I worked for this company in Kelowna what is the worst company I've ever worked for the measurements terrible they're Liars they mistreat people they asked me to work a dangerous situations overall this is a not a company that you want to work for the company that goes nowhere
Pros
Cons
The management are all liars the Miss treat people
Fun, fast-paced place to work
Lead Cashier (Current Employee) –  Regina, SK12 December 2017
Typical day at work is dealing with friendly people, awesome coworkers, pretty busy place. I've learnt so much working here, my mangers have taught me so much from the very start.
Managment is great! They are very helpful, very friendly, always makes sure customer satisfaction is number 1!
The store is clean, tidy, well stocked.
The most enjoyable part of my job are the people I work with!

We are a very outgoing, energetic group of people!! :)

Ask a question about working or interviewing at JYSK. Our community is ready to answer.