JW Research

JW Research Employee Reviews

Been working there 2 weeks. I do have a great trainer. But they cut my hours as I could not get a single Credit Card sign up as January & February are slow months for retail. I can honestly say I tried everything. Many people are very debt conscious now. I applaud that. They know what works for them and what doesn't.
the hardest part of the job is telling people you're signing them up for a master card, not everyone is willing to make that commitment. most days at work will be a breeze. try to get postings closer to your house if you don't drive
Pros
free lunches
Cons
you're signing people up for mastercards
Worked in Vancouver for PCF for just under a year. Generally a good company but they get really pushed hard by the banks to get more customers. One thing to point out is some sales reps seem to whine a lot about it being too hard. For me, I just talked to people honestly cause its a good card to get. The bonus was all the walking around superstore got me to lose some weight (lol!).
Pros
Great money if you actually try
Cons
Some customers can be a pain
We were always relocating had a great experience meeting all different kinds of people, built my customer service skills, enjoyed working in the environment, hardest part of the job was dealing with negative customers.
I had no problem helping the company selling products like bank credit cards. Earning was not bad; however, the job itself was so bored that you simply did not have any loyalty staying with the company. The supervisor or manager was very nice to be with. I would rather work somewhere I can be with a lot of kids.
Pros
earning not bad, good manager
Cons
job boring, no kids to be with
-enjoy the sales experience - hands on training -very long or short hours -have to have sales. .the company only cares about sales nothing else. Management a little rude and pushing..
Pros
1hour
Cons
need to do sales or fired
good place to work if you are commission based. many places to work at many locations. never get bored. if you like to sell its a good opportunity. not much opportunity to move up though
Pros
flexible hours
Cons
cant move up
Culture is bad and so is the stability. They fire people without cause and not a wise choice to work here if you have bills to pay My pay was held for 3 months before they released after all, these guys are crooks
Pros
Nthing
Cons
Evrything
I was very knowledgeable of competitive products on market because of previous work experience I found the credit cards they sell are a high interest cost and they expect you to close the sale on life and disability health insurance attached to card at a 50 percent closing ratio, these insurance products make the actual cost of credit about 30 percent of the card balance calculated annually, may be saleable in some market areas but only depending on demographics such as age, incomes and types of employment of people in the store ... I ended up in a store with highly transient customers people passing through or on vacation, local residents were either low income low credit scores or good credit but retired and had all the credit services they needed by that stage in life ... I could see almost right away that I wasn't going to meet the targets expected so I left before it became an issue ... the manager told me that I could overcome obstacles with their canned sales presentation which I thought was rediculious ... I had many more years sales and credit experience than the manager ....the job is a numbers game with customers and with employees .... continious on going recruiting due to high turn over of staff ... one size fits all approach to sales targets should be thought through better with some changes they would probably be able to hire better people and keep them longer. No comment on payroll issues didn't stay long enough.
Not a good company to work for over all management is so unorganzied tablet problems and scheduling they don't care if they waste your time driving to get new tablets an excuse one of the managers gave me was she forgot i didn't have a tablet to use on site bad place to work.
JWR sounded like a good job at first, but quickly after starting the "no client pressure" kept changing until they wanted us to harass customers like bad mall kiosks. Management did very little training and just threatened employees when goals were not being met.
Pros
Co-workers were amazing
Cons
poor shifts and poor management
This job is just terrible. The job itself is awful but someone has to do it. I wouldn't have had a problem trying to sell credit cards to people if it wasn't for the poor management, messed up payroll, poor compensation and just the overall awfulness of the company. When people say that in capitalism only well-run companies can make it I know they're full of it. Because If JW can make then nearly any company can no matter how poorly run if enough people are dumb enough to buy into it.
Pros
Wasn't slavery
Cons
Everything else
its good for person can talk effective so I have learned how I can be more confidence .Indeed, its manager has been so flexible and kindness .persuading people was headache.
As the title says, I wasn't paid at the rate that was in the contract. I also am still dealing with the company to try and remedy this issue as well as get my remaining pay.
love working with this comony get to lear lots of things learn to be tesm payer to work with dif people get to talk to dif customer problem.. co worker likes we have fun working with them managemnt is .. good .. but only thing no benifits that they can offer hard parts of the job iswhen customer comming bck to you and sz they dint get approved..
The most pathetic company of all time. They fire employees for not answering the phone call. Sounds stupid but it is true No growth and bad higher management
Pros
NO PROS at all
Cons
Pay deficits, fire you without any reason
It is a great opportunity to work as a sales representative in this company.The management and coworkers are approachable and ready to help me whenever needed.They are behind you to build up your self-confidence and motivation to achieve the goals.
Possible to make apps quickly to have more free time while working, but can also be very stressful when it is not possible to get a app and the pressure of management is on you.
Honestly, it started off well, but after a month and a bit in I still hadn't received a paycheck or any gas compensation for the trips they were expecting me to make. It's been a month since I stopped working with JW and still haven't been fully compensated.
Pros
Nothing perceivably beneficial.
Cons
Experienced free labor.
29 June 2016
Thank you for the review and I am sorry that you have not received any payment. Please reach out to our office immediately so that we can resolve this matter for you.
I referred a friend to a job in this company in British Columbia. Guess what , they rejected him just because he had a Alberta Driving license... What a silly and ridicuolous reason. If you want to work in any province, then you need to have drivers license issued by that province only. This is absolutely ridiculous I dont know where this company is heading . Also, because of the slowdown in economy in Alberta, it EXERTS UNDUE and NEEDLESS pressure on Employees which is indication of the company culture. If you wanna get suppressed by any organization in life, then join this organization. I would prefer begging on the streets rather than working here
Pros
Cons
DOMINATING culture, taking undue advantage of their employees
29 June 2016
Thank you for your feedback and I am sorry that your friend was declined employment based on a Drivers License. Our policy does require a credit and criminal check in order to represent our clients so identification is required but the province has never been an issue. As long as the identification is valid and you have a secondary piece as well. If you have more concerns in regards to this matter please contact our office and we would be happy to help.Good luck in your future career search
Company is a joke. Not anything to learn. Wont recommend anyone to join this company ever. Better to sit at home than joining this company
Pros
Flexible hours
Cons
Poor pay, no growth
28 June 2016
I am sorry that the experience did not meet your expectations. We appreciate any feedback you may have for us on how to better our organization for employees.If you feel you would like to provide direct feedback to our office please contact us at our website www.jwresearch.comGood Luck in your future job search
  1. Employee reviews