JW Research

JW Research Employee Reviews

Been working there 2 weeks. I do have a great trainer. But they cut my hours as I could not get a single Credit Card sign up as January & February are slow months for retail. I can honestly say I tried everything. Many people are very debt conscious now. I applaud that. They know what works for them and what doesn't.
You will be hired as customer services with no pressure of signing up people for mastercard in different superstores. Suddenly or i should say first day of your proper shift they give you pressure to sale mastercard and represent yourself as cows who is hitting everyone on way. What they say while they hire you turned out to be different on shift. That is why no one stays on job and their hiring remains on board 24 7. I should have trusted the reviews before joining them. They will eat your salary. If you do minimum 8 sales in 8 hours they will pay you their base pay which means you will not get any commission and all commission will go into manager pocket who gives you pressure to sale. Worst total worst. Either head office should hire better managers or better their own management. Something surely is worst. Rip off hiring process and rip off interviews and rip off your salary and time. Even if I dont have any jobs and this is my last option, i rather work for free for someone but not for them.
Pros
Cons
Everything. From Manager to everything.
This job helps and challenges employees to find the right way to talk to a customer. You will experience rude, nice, funny, mean, serious and many other types of people; you need to not care about this and not take this personal. Overall, this job might get stressful because you need to accomplish certain targets, and if you don't, the manager will get upset and start pressing on you and being over you all the time. After some time, this job might become boring and you will not enjoy it at all.
Pros
Get to know different types of customers
Cons
Stressful
Good culture Good management Good environment Commitment to work Friendly employees Good communication between management and staff. Very professional employees and hard workers. Enjoyed working with them.
Pros
great earning and we got paid hourly and there were bonuses
Cons
"Retail/Sales/Store Associates" Beware this company is smart. Their ad is created in a smart way to trick you. This job is in a retail store like SaveOn/Superstore etc where you walk around the whole superstore approaching customers who are shopping for groceries or whatever and then you 'promote' ONLY 1 financial product NOT a range of products. And the worst part - it not exactly by the hour pay but rather by the daily quota! Overall you are paid full commission actually! This is NOT A SCAM though. You will be paid as per your performance but you will quit unless you like going around chasing people - think door to door. Better sales is to approach through 'leads' or customers who walk into your private store.
Pros
Possibly decent supervisor
Cons
trust me you'll quit
It was a fun experience but it did not provide room for growth. I'm looking to work in an environment where I can grow and move up the corporate ladder
Pros
Paid transportation and meals
Cons
poor management
ATTENTION. don’t waste ur time here. Please don’t. They don’t pay what they say.. they don’t train u enough. My manager kept leaving me alone in stores. I didn’t get paid enough.i worked with this company for a bit. I got fired for the most stupid reason. And they took 75% of my pay and left me with 50$ instead of 700$. Do not come here I made that mistake to join.i even spoke to the CEO. Don’t like him either.. never answers
Pros
Nothing.
Cons
Nothing.
The only unfortunate part of this position is a lot of the success is based on the location one works. Some locations are easier to obtain credit applications than others.
Pros
Independent work environment
Cons
Success depends on location
I felt like it lacked complete organization. There was lots of talk about coaching and even switching stores, but was never contacted back, kept being dismissed or ignored.
Pros
Great staff within the store
Cons
Being ignored and lack of coaching, lack of organization and communication. Poor management, inappropriate Comversations at work.
Great overall team and management always gotta be positive help you grow and learn how to approach clients.. help them save money on sales but also could be difficult if you wear your no's but overall great and positive environment to work amazing manager in addrienne
Pros
Great work team great management always positive and supportive
Cons
Rude customers, not everyone wants a credit card so they could be really rude, hours could be cut if you don't get certain amount of application
the job is selling cc to customers who dont really need it, the job is consent rejection, dealing with anger people, will reduce your joy in life with a lot of negativity
I enjoyed working with JWR . I enjoyed the interaction the job allowed me to have with the customers. I would say overall it is a good job to have for the right person.
Pros
Good money when you hit sales
Cons
Short days with no sales
They pay $16 plus commission which is really good but the work that you have to do is not something that everyone would enjoy. You just have to walk around the store and approach people and get them to sign up for a credit card, that's it.
Pros
good pay, good manager, scope for advancement
Cons
no teamwork, little to no training and all you do is talk to strangers
Nice job culture, work as team and sometimes lead the team. Work ethics improved. Learn to be accurate and punctual. Customer satisfaction is always main objective.
You get to meet and talk with many people signing them up for a credit card. Also nice interacting with the people that work for the store. Great pay for many sign ups.
Pros
Great pay
Cons
Great pay only if you do well
Dealing with customers is always a challenge but it was a good learning experience. Not too much opportunity for advancement. Average place to work.
Pros
friendly
Cons
standing all day
My manager instructed me to lie to the customers to convince them to sign onto the master card. Also she lied to me about the wage i was going to be getting.
Honestly the worst company I've ever worked for. The managers in winnipeg are completely unprofessional & the management in general is done horribly. Nothing is organized within the company and even head office is completely useless when you try getting a hold of them. Not only is it a boring job it's a huge waste of time and the skills are not helpful at all with anything else.
Pros
Cons
Everything about this job is a con
Good employement to boost customer service, direct sales and marketing skills Flexible shifts and independent work in various locations to promote contractor's products Comission opportunities, but no benefits Ideal for part-time workers, but also offers full-time shifts
Pros
Time flexibility, independent work
Cons
No benefits, repetitive
Pays well if you can deliver your sales Per hours but if you can't provide the sales and number risking being fired, But you can use sale and reach your targets you will be can earn well and Two days off
Pros
Competition
Cons
Must reach your sales per hours or risk being fired
Its flexibility job and you are control your time. Management is bad. They push really hard Salary is 15 per hours but you need sale or you will be cut hours
Pros
Flexibility
Cons
too much push
  1. Employee reviews