JW Research logo
JW Research

JW Research Employee Reviews

2.7
Work-life balance

There's pro's and con's with any job.

Been working there 2 weeks. I do have a great trainer. But they cut my hours as I could not get a single Credit Card sign up as January & February are slow months for retail. I can honestly say I tried everything. Many people are very debt conscious now. I applaud that. They know what works for them and what doesn't.

Too much

Too much work and not enough appreciation. No proper guidance and communication structure with the management. They allowed to work without supervision

Not ethical

The manager made a disabled woman who was working at super centre signed up for that MasterCard and i quit on my first day after seeing this. The inhumanity was incredible. Poor woman didn't even know what she signed up for. This company must be shut down. I don't even know how they are still open under these circumstances.

Pros

nothing

Cons

everything

Don’t work for this company

Literally would yell at me and shake me during training if I did something wrong. Between the verbal and sometimes physical abuse from people who didn’t want to be bothered while shopping and the management that would cut your hours if you didn’t make sales there was no real breaks or direction and it was just all around a stressful and chaotic place to work.

Cons

DO NOT even think about it.

I was promised an SA position and left my old job to start training. However, they literally never gave me a specific day to start and kept pushing the starting day every time I ask. Beyond unprofessional and so rude. I'm unemployed now and struggling to find a job because of THIS COMPANY! SCREW YOU JWR

Horrible, run away!

This job is the worst job anyone could ever have. Management sucks and always threatens to fire you if you don't get at least 8 apps a day. Also, the pay is a joke. You don't actually get paid what they say. The workplace is alright, but you hardly work with other people, all day is just spent bothering customers and getting yelled at. Additionally, this job causes lots of strain on the body. You stand for 8 hours and are in constant motion. I hurt my back really bad and asked to leave early and I was basically told that I would be fired if I left early. Heed my warning, find a different job.

Pros

customer interaction

Cons

everything

Mediocare

I worked there for 2 weeks so aint got much to say, but basically youre selling credit cards while walking around Target stores, they help you with the pitch and you also get commission.

Unprofessional

Stressful! Had to get people to sign up for credit cards for president choice. I never got paid. Management was extremely unprofessional. No one wants more credit cards. I do not recommend this job. I worked for 1 month and never got a pay check! Not worth it at all

Pros

Cons

Long hours, no pay, no break, poorly managed

Not good

I went for my first day of training at the Metrotown Walmart location. Was told to be there for 1:00pm I was there on time and waited for my trainer for a half hour to show up herself. Then she showed me he back lunch room and handed me what I needed and was going to leave me. I’m training! She asked me if I read the papers she gave me to study the information about the job. And when i fumbled talking to customers she rolled her eyes at me, later she accused me of not reading the papers I was given. And she said to tell her the truth. I did tell her the truth! Couldn’t believe it! So I’m stressed and feeling sick so I went home early. And she said I should have stuck with hairdressing.

Pros

Cons

trainers don’t train

Don’t work here

This job is terrible. You only get two (not paid) 15 min breaks no lunch. Even when you decide to not take break during work they would still take .5 hr every day from your pay. I find that unprofessional. Scheduling were terrible you only get text message every Sunday of your schedule and no time slips which is odd. Some locations they assigned you are great but when you get location that’s not busy and sales are poor they send you home. If you keep up with poor sales they cut your hrs. You only get like 4 days of training. You work alone and is expected of you to walk around during the whole shift so get good soles for your feet. Also they’re always hiring every week which I view as bad sign; barely anyone stays long. The only thing is good is the manager and pay. That’s it. Good luck for everyone that works there!

Pros

The pay

Cons

Only 2 15 min break and unpaid, locations, the schedule.

Insanely stressful

This was easily the worst job I’ve ever had. If you don’t make your sales they treat you like complete garbage. Drowning around a supermarket begging people to sign up for your credit card, constantly getting rejected, sometimes an aggressive form, only to be screamed at by management/have my job threatened for not making your numbers. 0/10.

Cons

Waste of time,terrible experience very poor management.

As all the other reviews say this is a general waste of time unless you can get 10 + plus ppl a day to apply for a credit card , the training wasn’t good at all they just throw you in a store and see what you can do, and if you can’t they cut you , terrible management , no training ...just poor overall.

Very good company to work with

It had been a great experience to work with this company. This is an employee oriented company and it had given many opportunities to explore personal talents.

Pros

Employee oriented

Horrible company

Management doesnt care and piggybacks their bonuses off of how many sales you make. They are rude and talk bad about staff behind their back constantly, even to new hires who are being trained

Worst job I’ve ever had

Minimal training with high expectations of results in the first week of working. They promise all kinds of bonuses but it’s nearly impossible to get them. Management is terrible and calls you at all times even on days off expecting you to work even if you’re not scheduled. I was told to target Native people and immigrants, and heard a lot of racist language from the manager.

Pros

Full time hours

Cons

Poor management, bad work environment, racism

Pathetic experience

It’s a pathetic place to work don’t waste your time and energy here it’s simply target oriented work n you keep struggling to beg everyone to make card They attract jobless and newcomers and then you are at their mercy it’s better to work at basic pay anywhere else

Waste place to work

They are liars they said they given you 16 but they stand you 14 and Bush you to off the limit and is not nice job for your mantel health and they are roud

Broken equipment

Couldn't even get a single hour completed due to the broken electronics they give you! No compensation for traveling all over the countryside to realize my tablet wouldn't work, also they didn't pay out the minimum 3 hours as required in Alberta when you show up for a shift!! The stress of dealing with garbage technology, terrible WiFi, and management that were less than capable made me leave within days!! Totally not even worth it as a last resort!!!!

Very unorganized and unprofessional

Great experience learning new sales tactics but the management was terrible. They talked about switching programs but put you out of work until they figure things out but they never really get back to you. I wouldn’t recommend this company to anyone

Pros

New learning experience

Cons

Poor management, very unprofessional, no communication.

Meh

They tried me out for like a week, my manager just threw me into a store and said ok get credit card applications good luck , after my third day of not getting any , I started to see that this job is near impossible, because no one wants to be bothered when doing their groceries or getting their gas, if you can’t keep up with a ridiculous quota your gone!

Pros

Decent pay

Cons

Crazy quota for zero demand

Terrible management

These guys don't know anything. I worked for then over 2 years ago, pay was terrible, especially the management. Extremely rude boss with ill manners. No one should work for them. I was beating there employee's records and still they weren't satisfied, my money was short and I had to keep tabs otherwise they wouldn't have paid me, so before you look at the hourly wage you better be able to take insults from them, whether you do good or not.

Pros

Cons

Terrible management and extremely rude with ill manners