JW Research

JW Research Employee Reviews

Been working there 2 weeks. I do have a great trainer. But they cut my hours as I could not get a single Credit Card sign up as January & February are slow months for retail. I can honestly say I tried everything. Many people are very debt conscious now. I applaud that. They know what works for them and what doesn't.
Good place to learn sales skills and to understand how to sell something. At the beginning you will only be required to sign people up for the free credit cards but after a week or two they will expect you to upsell people insurance for the card. Pay isn't great. Long transportation.
Pros
Build thick skin and sales experience
Cons
Effort to pay ratio is very underwhelming
It is a flexible schedule. Good environment to work. Every person can increase communication skills. If you meet the target and do good work you will get a bonus.
Pros
Flexible Schedule
Cons
Meet the target
I used to work for them and I am very still angry at them. What a horrible place to work. People can always apply for a credit card online and don't need to be harassed about it.
Pros
Cons
Useless waste of time
Started the job with a great manager and sadly quit and no longer works with the company. Had me stress out for about 3 weeks with no work even though I completed the Hiring Package. Was then Passed on to another manager, truly did not like them at all. No point of having a schedule when location & time changes. Seems to be more like of On-Call type of job Everything is truly done last minute. Location alwayd ends up being changed, including time. You must really have a flexible schedule. As everyone says, there is a Target and you need to always hit it otherwise your shift will end early or you'll notice a big decrease in shifts later on. You will be replaced if you're not hitting the Targets, im not lying- my current manager even said that.
JW Research is a company with quite flexible management style and straight forward. The managers are very efficient and good at training its team members.
They encouraged us to lie to customers and tell them that that the MasterCard could be used just as a points card. They told us to bend the truth as much as needed to make the sale. They encouraged us to target seniors. This company should be shut down because of their awful business practices.
Cons
The whole job is a Con. Literally.
So i was supposed to start training a month ago. Only had one "training" day where it was me sitting in the managers car and reading documents. Haven't heard from them since. Stay far far away
I worked here for a very less amount of time. Cause i knew they are giving unrealistic targets as soon as i was on the field trying to sign up customers. And when i left the job the manager did the worst thing he could do. I gave him my total hours and he never paid me for a certain number of hours out of my pay which was around 12 hours. I tried to contact the HR to complain about it but never heard back from them. He also paid me very late which was 20 days. Employers are bound by the law to pay in under 10 days after leaving the job. But i still neglected it. It has been more than 20 days and he is yet to pay me for my training hours. And for those wondering yes i wanted to take legal action. But my schedule is so tight that i cannot go places other than I'm supposed to. Worst place to work for
Pros
Commission and pay
Cons
Everything else
They do not pay the commission, but they help you with if you need to apply for BCPNP. The manager is nice, but this type of sales is either do it or you're out.
Pros
Support with BCPNP
Cons
no real commission
Do these reviews help you learn more about working at JW Research?
Too many products, Unreasonable targets. Staff keeps changing each shift. Not worth it, unless you are making ends meet as a student. Needs better management.
Pros
Flexible schedule
Cons
Unreasonable target expectations.
It's the worst company you could work for they trick and say its base wage + commission dont believe it its totally target based job and if you work 25 hours there is no way you can hit your target unless you are the best salesman ever other than annoying customers and hearing 100-150 NO a day bad manners for people and you'll be pampered like a baby from the managment. And if you didnt hit the target you'll get less hours and some times you'll end shifts si if you are a student then it may work for but for a full time job you cannot love in this.
Pros
The sales manager is nice abd helping
Cons
Annoying shoppers, managment are deceptive about the money and wage check your pay stubs
Joined the company in September and the company is warm and welcoming. The job itself can be difficult and take time to fit in the role, but once you are trained is rewarding with potential to make good money and oppurtunity to grow. The company believes in promoting within so a lot of oppurtunity to make it tour career. Definitely not a job for everyone, but people that driven and willing to learn and grow the potential is through the roof
Pros
Great pay, opportunity to grow, great learning
Cons
If you are not a people's person it can be difficult, but that provides an opportunity to get over your fear of talking to people
Learned a lot and had personal growth while working here. Not a job for everybody, but if you are good then this job is easy. Bonuses were great because its the same amount of having another Part Time job.
Pros
Flexible schedule
Cons
Not paid lunch
If you don't get 8 applications per day, they will ask you to convince your friends to apply for that credit card after work. They change your schedule every day, even they will ask you to go home earlier when you don't reach the target. They are hiring people every day to replace the employees who didn't achieve the target.
Management is very selfish, rude, and make unreasonable all-or-nothing demands of how many credit cards they want you to sell. At first, they gave me the wrong sized company t-shirt, then they gave me a used company t-shirt with stains all over it, and a tablet and dropped me into the store and said I should go sell credit cards. No sales means you don't get paid and they tell you to act like a movie character in order to so called influence people into signing up for something they don't want to. When you do make a lot of sales in busy stores they try to put you down and dismiss that fact. This becomes clear when they subtly ridicule you and find a reason, other than your hard work, as to why you sold a lot. Only about 60% of people who say yes on average, move on to complete the application. When they want to terminate your employment, they change your manager and try to manipulate you to continue working for the company while they secretly look for someone to replace you behind your back and the new manager starts texting you for your new schedule. In summary, this is a terrible place to work (you don't actually get paid the salary or bonuses they advertise. It's commission, based on the number of sales you make) unless you enjoy bothering people who are shopping and typically don't want to get another credit card. This company earns a well deserved 0/10 rating.
Pros
Have nice chat with some customers
Cons
Unreasonable and unprofessional management with no guaranteed salary pay
Represent the third party company to promo MasterCard product and relate service Committed to a high level of customer service Consumer engagement
They give you a tablet, a used company t-shirt, disclosure sheets, and then throw you into the store on your own and expect you to walk up to and sell credit cards to everyone inside who are typically not interested in having another credit card. Management is very selfish, treating you like a number, and if you don't sell any credit cards or work long enough you are considered a liability to the business and need to be replaced. This is a commission not salary based job like independent contractor work. This job does not pay you adequately considering how difficult it is to sell one credit card and after going through dozens of no's, only about 60% on average of people who typically say yes after extreme hard work convincing them, move on to complete the application. Unless you like bothering people who are shopping, don't expect to last here for more than two months.
Pros
Learn people skills
Cons
Very selfish, rude management, Low pay, most people do not want to be sold, not a real longterm job
great company, feels welcome by others and minimal stress. even though, there are targets and goals it is great. The company is down to earth and the managers are nice.
They pushed you to sale, and if you didn't achieve the target (1-2 applications per hour) they will sent you home, and actually it's impossible to achieve. I supposed to start working at 10:00, and the supervisor called me at 9:57 to change the time. I've been worked for a week, and they change the time every single day. Only give me 15 min for lunch time.
Pros
Nothing at all
Cons
a lot
You will be given targets that are unreasonable. You spend your whole day walking in the superstore trying to convince people to sign up for a credit card. And if you don’t get 8 applications per day, you’ll be given lesser hours the following day. Basically, you keep bothering shoppers. Just find another job!
Pros
At least they paid for the few days.
Cons
Everything else
  1. Employee reviews