JW Research

JW Research Work-life balance reviews

Clear
2.7Pay & benefits

Hard job if your not used to working in that filed

It was an interesting learning experience I never worked in sales before it was a very challenging job it was hard to met the quota for the product I was offering to people it was a product that everyone seemed to have so it made it hard to find people who didn't have the product and wanted it

Fun place to work if you like marketing

I had a good team when I am working. I love marketing and meeting new people. My team always supports me and encourages me at work . If your shy talking to people that’s this job is not for you .

Dont work here

The management definitely needs to change the manner in which they treat their employees. This role had minimum room for professional development and the company has a huge turnover rate.

Pros

Cons

everything

Fantastic people work for this company

Great company to work for very understand, treated me like family Great pay they take great care of their employees at home and while away very accommodate

Pros

Able to work at my own pace given different locations to experience

Cons

Long hours at times long periods away from home

Challenging and targes

“Nice company to work with, great learning opportunities and professional growth” This was by far my most positive work experience! I was supported every step of the way. This company is big on showing its appreciation for its employees and they are patient with you while you learn. They pay for your travel, food, and the commissions are excellent. No micromanaging! Your work shows through your sales.

good

They put a lot of pressure on one person to sell credit cards which isn't easy because people don't even listen to us. If you don't make enough applications which is one every hour atleast, then you get very less number of hours to work.

Communicative and active workplace

I used to start to say hi to the customers of Real Canadian Superstore. I learned how to approach to a person and explain yourself. The hardest part of the job is to convince people to get MasterCard. Some of them were very rude to me. The most enjoyable part is to meet new people.

Pros

Meeting new people

Cons

Walking during the day

Must be a people-person, and handle many Rejections.

Started the job with a great manager and sadly quit and no longer works with the company. Had me stress out for about 3 weeks with no work even though I completed the Hiring Package. Was then Passed on to another manager, truly did not like them at all. No point of having a schedule when location & time changes. Seems to be more like of On-Call type of job Everything is truly done last minute. Location alwayd ends up being changed, including time. You must really have a flexible schedule. As everyone says, there is a Target and you need to always hit it otherwise your shift will end early or you'll notice a big decrease in shifts later on. You will be replaced if you're not hitting the Targets, im not lying- my current manager even said that.

Good choice for ambitious worker

JW Research is a company with quite flexible management style and straight forward. The managers are very efficient and good at training its team members.

Oppurtunity to grow and make money

Joined the company in September and the company is warm and welcoming. The job itself can be difficult and take time to fit in the role, but once you are trained is rewarding with potential to make good money and oppurtunity to grow. The company believes in promoting within so a lot of oppurtunity to make it tour career. Definitely not a job for everyone, but people that driven and willing to learn and grow the potential is through the roof

Pros

Great pay, opportunity to grow, great learning

Cons

If you are not a people's person it can be difficult, but that provides an opportunity to get over your fear of talking to people

The worst company

If you don't get 8 applications per day, they will ask you to convince your friends to apply for that credit card after work. They change your schedule every day, even they will ask you to go home earlier when you don't reach the target. They are hiring people every day to replace the employees who didn't achieve the target.

awful experience

They pushed you to sale, and if you didn't achieve the target (1-2 applications per hour) they will sent you home, and actually it's impossible to achieve. I supposed to start working at 10:00, and the supervisor called me at 9:57 to change the time. I've been worked for a week, and they change the time every single day. Only give me 15 min for lunch time.

Pros

Nothing at all

Cons

a lot

Find another job!!

You will be given targets that are unreasonable. You spend your whole day walking in the superstore trying to convince people to sign up for a credit card. And if you don’t get 8 applications per day, you’ll be given lesser hours the following day. Basically, you keep bothering shoppers. Just find another job!

Pros

At least they paid for the few days.

Cons

Everything else

DO NOT even think about it.

I was promised an SA position and left my old job to start training. However, they literally never gave me a specific day to start and kept pushing the starting day every time I ask. Beyond unprofessional and so rude. I'm unemployed now and struggling to find a job because of THIS COMPANY! SCREW YOU JWR

Unprofessional

Stressful! Had to get people to sign up for credit cards for president choice. I never got paid. Management was extremely unprofessional. No one wants more credit cards. I do not recommend this job. I worked for 1 month and never got a pay check! Not worth it at all

Pros

Cons

Long hours, no pay, no break, poorly managed

Not good

I went for my first day of training at the Metrotown Walmart location. Was told to be there for 1:00pm I was there on time and waited for my trainer for a half hour to show up herself. Then she showed me he back lunch room and handed me what I needed and was going to leave me. I’m training! She asked me if I read the papers she gave me to study the information about the job. And when i fumbled talking to customers she rolled her eyes at me, later she accused me of not reading the papers I was given. And she said to tell her the truth. I did tell her the truth! Couldn’t believe it! So I’m stressed and feeling sick so I went home early. And she said I should have stuck with hairdressing.

Pros

Cons

trainers don’t train

Very good company to work with

It had been a great experience to work with this company. This is an employee oriented company and it had given many opportunities to explore personal talents.

Pros

Employee oriented

Think about it

This job helps and challenges employees to find the right way to talk to a customer. You will experience rude, nice, funny, mean, serious and many other types of people; you need to not care about this and not take this personal. Overall, this job might get stressful because you need to accomplish certain targets, and if you don't, the manager will get upset and start pressing on you and being over you all the time. After some time, this job might become boring and you will not enjoy it at all.

Pros

Get to know different types of customers

Cons

Stressful

No room for growth

It was a fun experience but it did not provide room for growth. I'm looking to work in an environment where I can grow and move up the corporate ladder

Pros

Paid transportation and meals

Cons

poor management

Could be a fun place to work

The only unfortunate part of this position is a lot of the success is based on the location one works. Some locations are easier to obtain credit applications than others.

Pros

Independent work environment

Cons

Success depends on location

not a fun job to do

the job is selling cc to customers who dont really need it, the job is consent rejection, dealing with anger people, will reduce your joy in life with a lot of negativity

Ask a question about working or interviewing at JW Research. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

2.6

2.3Job security/advancement
  • JW Research
  • Work-Life Balance
Tell us how to improve this page
What would you add or change?