JW Research

JW Research Pay & benefits reviews

Clear
2.7Pay & benefits

Sales Associate

They do not pay the commission, but they help you with if you need to apply for BCPNP. The manager is nice, but this type of sales is either do it or you're out.

Pros

Support with BCPNP

Cons

no real commission

Wonderful part time job

Caring and kind management, if you like to talk and also about all the wonderful benefits of the card it’s a great job. No pressure with keeping with quota... you just go out and do the best you can and have fun out there.. wonderful training with a professional manger. They were kind , caring and a happy environment and they did not stress me out at all. Just a shame about the pandemic and hoping to get back soon!

Pros

Happy place, not a lot of pressure, nice bosses

good company

Sales is not for everyone. But for those willing to stick it through this job can definitely help you develop your character and give you lots of awesome experience. Best part of the job is the flexible hours and good pay.

Very good job

Talk with customer only few hours.but salary is good very good management I like that job more opportunities to learn something new office administrator job very good for future.customer are very dirty but good to learn work is only on the internet.made p.c card for customer and we can learn about cosmetician pharmacy job fashion for trend everything in the store I really like.

Need thick skin

Good place to learn sales skills and to understand how to sell something. At the beginning you will only be required to sign people up for the free credit cards but after a week or two they will expect you to upsell people insurance for the card. Pay isn't great. Long transportation.

Pros

Build thick skin and sales experience

Cons

Effort to pay ratio is very underwhelming

good management and person can improve communication skill. meet new people everytime.

It is a flexible schedule. Good environment to work. Every person can increase communication skills. If you meet the target and do good work you will get a bonus.

Pros

Flexible Schedule

Cons

Meet the target

Learning experience

Learned a lot and had personal growth while working here. Not a job for everybody, but if you are good then this job is easy. Bonuses were great because its the same amount of having another Part Time job.

Pros

Flexible schedule

Cons

Not paid lunch

Awful and unpleasant workplace with selfish management

Management is very selfish, rude, and make unreasonable all-or-nothing demands of how many credit cards they want you to sell. At first, they gave me the wrong sized company t-shirt, then they gave me a used company t-shirt with stains all over it, and a tablet and dropped me into the store and said I should go sell credit cards. No sales means you don't get paid and they tell you to act like a movie character in order to so called influence people into signing up for something they don't want to. When you do make a lot of sales in busy stores they try to put you down and dismiss that fact. This becomes clear when they subtly ridicule you and find a reason, other than your hard work, as to why you sold a lot. Only about 60% of people who say yes on average, move on to complete the application. When they want to terminate your employment, they change your manager and try to manipulate you to continue working for the company while they secretly look for someone to replace you behind your back and the new manager starts texting you for your new schedule. In summary, this is a terrible place to work (you don't actually get paid the salary or bonuses they advertise. It's commission, based on the number of sales you make) unless you enjoy bothering people who are shopping and typically don't want to get another credit card. This company earns a well deserved 0/10 rating.

Pros

Have nice chat with some customers

Cons

Unreasonable and unprofessional management with no guaranteed salary pay

Highly selfish and rude management with extreme pressure to sell

They give you a tablet, a used company t-shirt, disclosure sheets, and then throw you into the store on your own and expect you to walk up to and sell credit cards to everyone inside who are typically not interested in having another credit card. Management is very selfish, treating you like a number, and if you don't sell any credit cards or work long enough you are considered a liability to the business and need to be replaced. This is a commission not salary based job like independent contractor work. This job does not pay you adequately considering how difficult it is to sell one credit card and after going through dozens of no's, only about 60% on average of people who typically say yes after extreme hard work convincing them, move on to complete the application. Unless you like bothering people who are shopping, don't expect to last here for more than two months.

Pros

Learn people skills

Cons

Very selfish, rude management, Low pay, most people do not want to be sold, not a real longterm job

Unprofessional

Stressful! Had to get people to sign up for credit cards for president choice. I never got paid. Management was extremely unprofessional. No one wants more credit cards. I do not recommend this job. I worked for 1 month and never got a pay check! Not worth it at all

Pros

Cons

Long hours, no pay, no break, poorly managed

Don’t work here

This job is terrible. You only get two (not paid) 15 min breaks no lunch. Even when you decide to not take break during work they would still take .5 hr every day from your pay. I find that unprofessional. Scheduling were terrible you only get text message every Sunday of your schedule and no time slips which is odd. Some locations they assigned you are great but when you get location that’s not busy and sales are poor they send you home. If you keep up with poor sales they cut your hrs. You only get like 4 days of training. You work alone and is expected of you to walk around during the whole shift so get good soles for your feet. Also they’re always hiring every week which I view as bad sign; barely anyone stays long. The only thing is good is the manager and pay. That’s it. Good luck for everyone that works there!

Pros

The pay

Cons

Only 2 15 min break and unpaid, locations, the schedule.

Waste place to work

They are liars they said they given you 16 but they stand you 14 and Bush you to off the limit and is not nice job for your mantel health and they are roud

Broken equipment

Couldn't even get a single hour completed due to the broken electronics they give you! No compensation for traveling all over the countryside to realize my tablet wouldn't work, also they didn't pay out the minimum 3 hours as required in Alberta when you show up for a shift!! The stress of dealing with garbage technology, terrible WiFi, and management that were less than capable made me leave within days!! Totally not even worth it as a last resort!!!!

Meh

They tried me out for like a week, my manager just threw me into a store and said ok get credit card applications good luck , after my third day of not getting any , I started to see that this job is near impossible, because no one wants to be bothered when doing their groceries or getting their gas, if you can’t keep up with a ridiculous quota your gone!

Pros

Decent pay

Cons

Crazy quota for zero demand

Terrible management

These guys don't know anything. I worked for then over 2 years ago, pay was terrible, especially the management. Extremely rude boss with ill manners. No one should work for them. I was beating there employee's records and still they weren't satisfied, my money was short and I had to keep tabs otherwise they wouldn't have paid me, so before you look at the hourly wage you better be able to take insults from them, whether you do good or not.

Pros

Cons

Terrible management and extremely rude with ill manners

Worst job on my list, with worst Management

You will be hired as customer services with no pressure of signing up people for mastercard in different superstores. Suddenly or i should say first day of your proper shift they give you pressure to sale mastercard and represent yourself as cows who is hitting everyone on way. What they say while they hire you turned out to be different on shift. That is why no one stays on job and their hiring remains on board 24 7. I should have trusted the reviews before joining them. They will eat your salary. If you do minimum 8 sales in 8 hours they will pay you their base pay which means you will not get any commission and all commission will go into manager pocket who gives you pressure to sale. Worst total worst. Either head office should hire better managers or better their own management. Something surely is worst. Rip off hiring process and rip off interviews and rip off your salary and time. Even if I dont have any jobs and this is my last option, i rather work for free for someone but not for them.

Pros

Cons

Everything. From Manager to everything.

Productive, fun enviroment, and great customer interafton.

I enjoyed working with JWR . I enjoyed the interaction the job allowed me to have with the customers. I would say overall it is a good job to have for the right person.

Pros

Good money when you hit sales

Cons

Short days with no sales

Good pay but boring work

They pay $16 plus commission which is really good but the work that you have to do is not something that everyone would enjoy. You just have to walk around the store and approach people and get them to sign up for a credit card, that's it.

Pros

good pay, good manager, scope for advancement

Cons

no teamwork, little to no training and all you do is talk to strangers

Work indepently in various locations to promote financial services

Good employement to boost customer service, direct sales and marketing skills Flexible shifts and independent work in various locations to promote contractor's products Comission opportunities, but no benefits Ideal for part-time workers, but also offers full-time shifts

Pros

Time flexibility, independent work

Cons

No benefits, repetitive

PC mastercard sale

Its flexibility job and you are control your time. Management is bad. They push really hard Salary is 15 per hours but you need sale or you will be cut hours

Pros

Flexibility

Cons

too much push

very flexible hours

good place to work if you are commission based. many places to work at many locations. never get bored. if you like to sell its a good opportunity. not much opportunity to move up though

Pros

flexible hours

Cons

cant move up

Ask a question about working or interviewing at JW Research. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

2.6