JW Research

JW Research Job security & advancement reviews

Clear
2.3Job security & advancement

There's pro's and con's with any job.

Been working there 2 weeks. I do have a great trainer. But they cut my hours as I could not get a single Credit Card sign up as January & February are slow months for retail. I can honestly say I tried everything. Many people are very debt conscious now. I applaud that. They know what works for them and what doesn't.

Dont work here

The management definitely needs to change the manner in which they treat their employees. This role had minimum room for professional development and the company has a huge turnover rate.

Pros

Cons

everything

Challenging and targes

“Nice company to work with, great learning opportunities and professional growth” This was by far my most positive work experience! I was supported every step of the way. This company is big on showing its appreciation for its employees and they are patient with you while you learn. They pay for your travel, food, and the commissions are excellent. No micromanaging! Your work shows through your sales.

It’s a scam

The whole place and company is a complete s c a m. They only pay you for the days that you get people to sign up for mastercards, not the 8 hour days where you constantly get rejected. The management is complete c r a p and it took them 2 months to actually train me and the training was just a slide show and no in store training. Whatever you do, do NOT work for them it’s a complete crapshow.

good experience

I really had a good experience at JWR Company,,,,,,,,,,,, I enjoyed having interaction with people and advertising for company,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,, there was a friendly environment there among employees.

Pros

friendly colleagues

Cons

not enough income

Waited on a call that never came

I waited 3 hours on management to call me for my second interview, they never did. I wasted 3 hours and a solid 2 weeks trying to contact them about the fact they never called me back.

Must be a people-person, and handle many Rejections.

Started the job with a great manager and sadly quit and no longer works with the company. Had me stress out for about 3 weeks with no work even though I completed the Hiring Package. Was then Passed on to another manager, truly did not like them at all. No point of having a schedule when location & time changes. Seems to be more like of On-Call type of job Everything is truly done last minute. Location alwayd ends up being changed, including time. You must really have a flexible schedule. As everyone says, there is a Target and you need to always hit it otherwise your shift will end early or you'll notice a big decrease in shifts later on. You will be replaced if you're not hitting the Targets, im not lying- my current manager even said that.

Good choice for ambitious worker

JW Research is a company with quite flexible management style and straight forward. The managers are very efficient and good at training its team members.

Disorganized terrible

So i was supposed to start training a month ago. Only had one "training" day where it was me sitting in the managers car and reading documents. Haven't heard from them since. Stay far far away

Oppurtunity to grow and make money

Joined the company in September and the company is warm and welcoming. The job itself can be difficult and take time to fit in the role, but once you are trained is rewarding with potential to make good money and oppurtunity to grow. The company believes in promoting within so a lot of oppurtunity to make it tour career. Definitely not a job for everyone, but people that driven and willing to learn and grow the potential is through the roof

Pros

Great pay, opportunity to grow, great learning

Cons

If you are not a people's person it can be difficult, but that provides an opportunity to get over your fear of talking to people

Do these reviews help you learn more about working at JW Research?

Not ethical

The manager made a disabled woman who was working at super centre signed up for that MasterCard and i quit on my first day after seeing this. The inhumanity was incredible. Poor woman didn't even know what she signed up for. This company must be shut down. I don't even know how they are still open under these circumstances.

Pros

nothing

Cons

everything

DO NOT even think about it.

I was promised an SA position and left my old job to start training. However, they literally never gave me a specific day to start and kept pushing the starting day every time I ask. Beyond unprofessional and so rude. I'm unemployed now and struggling to find a job because of THIS COMPANY! SCREW YOU JWR

Horrible, run away!

This job is the worst job anyone could ever have. Management sucks and always threatens to fire you if you don't get at least 8 apps a day. Also, the pay is a joke. You don't actually get paid what they say. The workplace is alright, but you hardly work with other people, all day is just spent bothering customers and getting yelled at. Additionally, this job causes lots of strain on the body. You stand for 8 hours and are in constant motion. I hurt my back really bad and asked to leave early and I was basically told that I would be fired if I left early. Heed my warning, find a different job.

Pros

customer interaction

Cons

everything

Not good

I went for my first day of training at the Metrotown Walmart location. Was told to be there for 1:00pm I was there on time and waited for my trainer for a half hour to show up herself. Then she showed me he back lunch room and handed me what I needed and was going to leave me. I’m training! She asked me if I read the papers she gave me to study the information about the job. And when i fumbled talking to customers she rolled her eyes at me, later she accused me of not reading the papers I was given. And she said to tell her the truth. I did tell her the truth! Couldn’t believe it! So I’m stressed and feeling sick so I went home early. And she said I should have stuck with hairdressing.

Pros

Cons

trainers don’t train

Very good company to work with

It had been a great experience to work with this company. This is an employee oriented company and it had given many opportunities to explore personal talents.

Pros

Employee oriented

No room for growth

It was a fun experience but it did not provide room for growth. I'm looking to work in an environment where I can grow and move up the corporate ladder

Pros

Paid transportation and meals

Cons

poor management

Do not come here.. even till this day I am having issues with this company.

ATTENTION. don’t waste ur time here. Please don’t. They don’t pay what they say.. they don’t train u enough. My manager kept leaving me alone in stores. I didn’t get paid enough.i worked with this company for a bit. I got fired for the most stupid reason. And they took 75% of my pay and left me with 50$ instead of 700$. Do not come here I made that mistake to join.i even spoke to the CEO. Don’t like him either.. never answers

Pros

Nothing.

Cons

Nothing.

Could be a fun place to work

The only unfortunate part of this position is a lot of the success is based on the location one works. Some locations are easier to obtain credit applications than others.

Pros

Independent work environment

Cons

Success depends on location

Good pay but boring work

They pay $16 plus commission which is really good but the work that you have to do is not something that everyone would enjoy. You just have to walk around the store and approach people and get them to sign up for a credit card, that's it.

Pros

good pay, good manager, scope for advancement

Cons

no teamwork, little to no training and all you do is talk to strangers

Fun place

Dealing with customers is always a challenge but it was a good learning experience. Not too much opportunity for advancement. Average place to work.

Pros

friendly

Cons

standing all day

Not an honest work place

My manager instructed me to lie to the customers to convince them to sign onto the master card. Also she lied to me about the wage i was going to be getting.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at JW Research. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

2.6