JW Research

JW Research Culture reviews

Clear

Excellent Workforce

recruiting, met sales target & distributed 500+ samples, brochures, and posters at events to attract customers’ attention and interest learned recruitment/sourcing HR Management fun workplace culture with field events the hardest part of the job is dealing with rude people the most enjoyable part of the job is recruiting

Fun place to work if you like marketing

I had a good team when I am working. I love marketing and meeting new people. My team always supports me and encourages me at work . If your shy talking to people that’s this job is not for you .

Learned a lot of B2C sales

I used to go to every Canadian Tire store in Vancouver and Burnaby. Customers from different cultures and countries used to come there and shop. I interacted with most of them and sold triangle MasterCard

Wonderful part time job

Caring and kind management, if you like to talk and also about all the wonderful benefits of the card it’s a great job. No pressure with keeping with quota... you just go out and do the best you can and have fun out there.. wonderful training with a professional manger. They were kind , caring and a happy environment and they did not stress me out at all. Just a shame about the pandemic and hoping to get back soon!

Pros

Happy place, not a lot of pressure, nice bosses

good experience

I really had a good experience at JWR Company,,,,,,,,,,,, I enjoyed having interaction with people and advertising for company,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,, there was a friendly environment there among employees.

Pros

friendly colleagues

Cons

not enough income

Communicative and active workplace

I used to start to say hi to the customers of Real Canadian Superstore. I learned how to approach to a person and explain yourself. The hardest part of the job is to convince people to get MasterCard. Some of them were very rude to me. The most enjoyable part is to meet new people.

Pros

Meeting new people

Cons

Walking during the day

Good choice for ambitious worker

JW Research is a company with quite flexible management style and straight forward. The managers are very efficient and good at training its team members.

great place

great company, feels welcome by others and minimal stress. even though, there are targets and goals it is great. The company is down to earth and the managers are nice.

Great manager and great company for sales talent

Good culture Good management Good environment Commitment to work Friendly employees Good communication between management and staff. Very professional employees and hard workers. Enjoyed working with them.

Pros

great earning and we got paid hourly and there were bonuses

Great worker n management

Great overall team and management always gotta be positive help you grow and learn how to approach clients.. help them save money on sales but also could be difficult if you wear your no's but overall great and positive environment to work amazing manager in addrienne

Pros

Great work team great management always positive and supportive

Cons

Rude customers, not everyone wants a credit card so they could be really rude, hours could be cut if you don't get certain amount of application

Excellant experience

Nice job culture, work as team and sometimes lead the team. Work ethics improved. Learn to be accurate and punctual. Customer satisfaction is always main objective.

Great pay

You get to meet and talk with many people signing them up for a credit card. Also nice interacting with the people that work for the store. Great pay for many sign ups.

Pros

Great pay

Cons

Great pay only if you do well

Productive fun work place

We were always relocating had a great experience meeting all different kinds of people, built my customer service skills, enjoyed working in the environment, hardest part of the job was dealing with negative customers.

Worst Company

Culture is bad and so is the stability. They fire people without cause and not a wise choice to work here if you have bills to pay My pay was held for 3 months before they released after all, these guys are crooks

Pros

Nthing

Cons

Evrything

Sales results vary depending on location of placement but same sales numbers are demanded regardless.

I was very knowledgeable of competitive products on market because of previous work experience I found the credit cards they sell are a high interest cost and they expect you to close the sale on life and disability health insurance attached to card at a 50 percent closing ratio, these insurance products make the actual cost of credit about 30 percent of the card balance calculated annually, may be saleable in some market areas but only depending on demographics such as age, incomes and types of employment of people in the store ... I ended up in a store with highly transient customers people passing through or on vacation, local residents were either low income low credit scores or good credit but retired and had all the credit services they needed by that stage in life ... I could see almost right away that I wasn't going to meet the targets expected so I left before it became an issue ... the manager told me that I could overcome obstacles with their canned sales presentation which I thought was rediculious ... I had many more years sales and credit experience than the manager ....the job is a numbers game with customers and with employees .... continious on going recruiting due to high turn over of staff ... one size fits all approach to sales targets should be thought through better with some changes they would probably be able to hire better people and keep them longer. No comment on payroll issues didn't stay long enough.

Productive and comfortable environment

It is a great opportunity to work as a sales representative in this company.The management and coworkers are approachable and ready to help me whenever needed.They are behind you to build up your self-confidence and motivation to achieve the goals.

Absoultely senseless

I referred a friend to a job in this company in British Columbia. Guess what , they rejected him just because he had a Alberta Driving license... What a silly and ridicuolous reason. If you want to work in any province, then you need to have drivers license issued by that province only. This is absolutely ridiculous I dont know where this company is heading . Also, because of the slowdown in economy in Alberta, it EXERTS UNDUE and NEEDLESS pressure on Employees which is indication of the company culture. If you wanna get suppressed by any organization in life, then join this organization. I would prefer begging on the streets rather than working here

Pros

Cons

DOMINATING culture, taking undue advantage of their employees

29 June 2016
Thank you for your feedback and I am sorry that your friend was declined employment based on a Drivers License. Our policy does require a credit and criminal check in order to represent our clients so identification is required but the province has never been an issue. As long as the identification is valid and you have a secondary piece as well. If you have more concerns in regards to this matter please contact our office and we would be happy to help.Good luck in your future career search

Very poor company

compensation structure is a joke. Barely making over minimum wage. Commissions are stacked so no one earns them. Micro management at its best these days Edmonton is a JOKE Managed from Kelowna by incompetent manager. Don't believe all the reviews. Company forces managers to make sure employees post a positive review. Each manager has to get a couple of people to post good reviews. Company is so bad it is BANNED from advertising and working in Stop lying to people about how great it is to work for. Even if you do a small mistake, you get fired, thats how bad it is

Pros

Easy to get a job. Company is desperate so any one can get hired these days

Cons

Bad culture with no margin for error

29 June 2016
Sorry about your experience. Our minimum pay in Edmonton is $16.00/ per hour so that is well above the minimum wage of $11.20. Our bonus structure is based on our clients needs and many representatives who have worked with us for years earn bonuses consistently. I am not sure where the disconnect with your self and your manager happened but if you need further assistance please contact us at www.jwresearch.com.

Competitive with positive attitude to suceed

Assume the promoting features of a given product and provide energetic attitude towards the benefits it gives. Establish the customer's financial limits in order to proceed whether or not the customer is able to handle the product.Personal presence and customer satisfaction is a needed key trait needed for the company. The management is always quick to catch bad habits therefore a strict eye is always set upon all employees. Being my role, I am to report performance from the team and to supervise. The hardest part is that it is always competitive and that the company is consistently changing locations. If the foot traffic is low, bonuses are not met. Fortunately, the enjoyable part of the job is that there are coworkers who contribute in a positive work atmosphere

Pros

bonuses

Cons

constantly changing locations, competitive

29 June 2016
Thanks for your review and your contribution in the business. We are always seeking leaders in the industry and strive to grow the best talent. Keep up the great work.

Challenging & Hardworking

Its a good place ,lot of challenges & target to meet Worked hard to reach the daily target as well as weekly

young man, on a big job

Had a ton of responsibility, managing the kiosk as well as needed to obtain sales targets and had a team to look after and made sure all had sales targets up to date.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at JW Research. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

2.6