JW Research

JW Research Employee Reviews for Sales Representative

This job is the worst job anyone could ever have. Management sucks and always threatens to fire you if you don't get at least 8 apps a day. Also, the pay is a joke. You don't actually get paid what they say. The workplace is alright, but you hardly work with other people, all day is just spent bothering customers and getting yelled at. Additionally, this job causes lots of strain on the body. You stand for 8 hours and are in constant motion. I hurt my back really bad and asked to leave early and I was basically told that I would be fired if I left early. Heed my warning, find a different job.
Pros
customer interaction
Cons
everything
Great company to work for very understand, treated me like family Great pay they take great care of their employees at home and while away very accommodate
Pros
Able to work at my own pace given different locations to experience
Cons
Long hours at times long periods away from home
The whole place and company is a complete s c a m. They only pay you for the days that you get people to sign up for mastercards, not the 8 hour days where you constantly get rejected. The management is complete c r a p and it took them 2 months to actually train me and the training was just a slide show and no in store training. Whatever you do, do NOT work for them it’s a complete crapshow.
I really had a good experience at JWR Company,,,,,,,,,,,, I enjoyed having interaction with people and advertising for company,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,, there was a friendly environment there among employees.
Pros
friendly colleagues
Cons
not enough income
Scripted dialogue training 30 minutes Target of signing up people while they shop at Walmart You carry a iPad around ,walking full 4 to 5 hour shift You verbalize script word per word asJW Sales Manager follows behind you ,hiding behind racks,eaves dropping on your communication. Manager doesn't have office so you meet in McDonald's every hour,where she sets up shop at table all day in McDonald's at Walmart. The job itself is presented incorrectly during interviews process. There are actually no guaranteed hours and I witnessed Sales Reps being sent home because they had a bad hour of no sign ups I found the employees were not trained correctly and manager missed the value of proper support tools for success. In the short time there ,the turn over was daily ,here today,quit tomorrow. Manager and some team members went out hourly for smoke breaks and came back reeking of cigarettes on the sales floor. Not a good job for professionals.
Pros
Talking with new people every day
Cons
Turn over, lack of Consistency with training support, also can't seem to talk to higher ups, only the JW manager who sits in the McDonald's all day. Literally walk all day, carrying ipad and a Point if sale system. Looks unprofessional and your arms get super sore
They put a lot of pressure on one person to sell credit cards which isn't easy because people don't even listen to us. If you don't make enough applications which is one every hour atleast, then you get very less number of hours to work.
Handled customers’ queries in a professional and a timely manner Made outbound calls and encouraged customers to apply for credit cards Analyzed customers’ account data and offered appropriate solutions Made customers signing up for credit cards Conducted interviews, presented and sold products and services to customers
I used to start to say hi to the customers of Real Canadian Superstore. I learned how to approach to a person and explain yourself. The hardest part of the job is to convince people to get MasterCard. Some of them were very rude to me. The most enjoyable part is to meet new people.
Pros
Meeting new people
Cons
Walking during the day
I worked here for a very less amount of time. Cause i knew they are giving unrealistic targets as soon as i was on the field trying to sign up customers. And when i left the job the manager did the worst thing he could do. I gave him my total hours and he never paid me for a certain number of hours out of my pay which was around 12 hours. I tried to contact the HR to complain about it but never heard back from them. He also paid me very late which was 20 days. Employers are bound by the law to pay in under 10 days after leaving the job. But i still neglected it. It has been more than 20 days and he is yet to pay me for my training hours. And for those wondering yes i wanted to take legal action. But my schedule is so tight that i cannot go places other than I'm supposed to. Worst place to work for
Pros
Commission and pay
Cons
Everything else
It's the worst company you could work for they trick and say its base wage + commission dont believe it its totally target based job and if you work 25 hours there is no way you can hit your target unless you are the best salesman ever other than annoying customers and hearing 100-150 NO a day bad manners for people and you'll be pampered like a baby from the managment. And if you didnt hit the target you'll get less hours and some times you'll end shifts si if you are a student then it may work for but for a full time job you cannot love in this.
Pros
The sales manager is nice abd helping
Cons
Annoying shoppers, managment are deceptive about the money and wage check your pay stubs
Learned a lot and had personal growth while working here. Not a job for everybody, but if you are good then this job is easy. Bonuses were great because its the same amount of having another Part Time job.
Pros
Flexible schedule
Cons
Not paid lunch
If you don't get 8 applications per day, they will ask you to convince your friends to apply for that credit card after work. They change your schedule every day, even they will ask you to go home earlier when you don't reach the target. They are hiring people every day to replace the employees who didn't achieve the target.
They pushed you to sale, and if you didn't achieve the target (1-2 applications per hour) they will sent you home, and actually it's impossible to achieve. I supposed to start working at 10:00, and the supervisor called me at 9:57 to change the time. I've been worked for a week, and they change the time every single day. Only give me 15 min for lunch time.
Pros
Nothing at all
Cons
a lot
You will be given targets that are unreasonable. You spend your whole day walking in the superstore trying to convince people to sign up for a credit card. And if you don’t get 8 applications per day, you’ll be given lesser hours the following day. Basically, you keep bothering shoppers. Just find another job!
Pros
At least they paid for the few days.
Cons
Everything else
Too much work and not enough appreciation. No proper guidance and communication structure with the management. They allowed to work without supervision
The manager made a disabled woman who was working at super centre signed up for that MasterCard and i quit on my first day after seeing this. The inhumanity was incredible. Poor woman didn't even know what she signed up for. This company must be shut down. I don't even know how they are still open under these circumstances.
Pros
nothing
Cons
everything
Literally would yell at me and shake me during training if I did something wrong. Between the verbal and sometimes physical abuse from people who didn’t want to be bothered while shopping and the management that would cut your hours if you didn’t make sales there was no real breaks or direction and it was just all around a stressful and chaotic place to work.
Cons
I worked there for 2 weeks so aint got much to say, but basically youre selling credit cards while walking around Target stores, they help you with the pitch and you also get commission.
As all the other reviews say this is a general waste of time unless you can get 10 + plus ppl a day to apply for a credit card , the training wasn’t good at all they just throw you in a store and see what you can do, and if you can’t they cut you , terrible management , no training ...just poor overall.
You will be hired as customer services with no pressure of signing up people for mastercard in different superstores. Suddenly or i should say first day of your proper shift they give you pressure to sale mastercard and represent yourself as cows who is hitting everyone on way. What they say while they hire you turned out to be different on shift. That is why no one stays on job and their hiring remains on board 24 7. I should have trusted the reviews before joining them. They will eat your salary. If you do minimum 8 sales in 8 hours they will pay you their base pay which means you will not get any commission and all commission will go into manager pocket who gives you pressure to sale. Worst total worst. Either head office should hire better managers or better their own management. Something surely is worst. Rip off hiring process and rip off interviews and rip off your salary and time. Even if I dont have any jobs and this is my last option, i rather work for free for someone but not for them.
Pros
Cons
Everything. From Manager to everything.
Good culture Good management Good environment Commitment to work Friendly employees Good communication between management and staff. Very professional employees and hard workers. Enjoyed working with them.
Pros
great earning and we got paid hourly and there were bonuses