JW Research

JW Research Employee Reviews for Sales Associate

It was an interesting learning experience I never worked in sales before it was a very challenging job it was hard to met the quota for the product I was offering to people it was a product that everyone seemed to have so it made it hard to find people who didn't have the product and wanted it
“Nice company to work with, great learning opportunities and professional growth” This was by far my most positive work experience! I was supported every step of the way. This company is big on showing its appreciation for its employees and they are patient with you while you learn. They pay for your travel, food, and the commissions are excellent. No micromanaging! Your work shows through your sales.
So i was supposed to start training a month ago. Only had one "training" day where it was me sitting in the managers car and reading documents. Haven't heard from them since. Stay far far away
They do not pay the commission, but they help you with if you need to apply for BCPNP. The manager is nice, but this type of sales is either do it or you're out.
Pros
Support with BCPNP
Cons
no real commission
Too many products, Unreasonable targets. Staff keeps changing each shift. Not worth it, unless you are making ends meet as a student. Needs better management.
Pros
Flexible schedule
Cons
Unreasonable target expectations.
Management is very selfish, rude, and make unreasonable all-or-nothing demands of how many credit cards they want you to sell. At first, they gave me the wrong sized company t-shirt, then they gave me a used company t-shirt with stains all over it, and a tablet and dropped me into the store and said I should go sell credit cards. No sales means you don't get paid and they tell you to act like a movie character in order to so called influence people into signing up for something they don't want to. When you do make a lot of sales in busy stores they try to put you down and dismiss that fact. This becomes clear when they subtly ridicule you and find a reason, other than your hard work, as to why you sold a lot. Only about 60% of people who say yes on average, move on to complete the application. When they want to terminate your employment, they change your manager and try to manipulate you to continue working for the company while they secretly look for someone to replace you behind your back and the new manager starts texting you for your new schedule. In summary, this is a terrible place to work (you don't actually get paid the salary or bonuses they advertise. It's commission, based on the number of sales you make) unless you enjoy bothering people who are shopping and typically don't want to get another credit card. This company earns a well deserved 0/10 rating.
Pros
Have nice chat with some customers
Cons
Unreasonable and unprofessional management with no guaranteed salary pay
They give you a tablet, a used company t-shirt, disclosure sheets, and then throw you into the store on your own and expect you to walk up to and sell credit cards to everyone inside who are typically not interested in having another credit card. Management is very selfish, treating you like a number, and if you don't sell any credit cards or work long enough you are considered a liability to the business and need to be replaced. This is a commission not salary based job like independent contractor work. This job does not pay you adequately considering how difficult it is to sell one credit card and after going through dozens of no's, only about 60% on average of people who typically say yes after extreme hard work convincing them, move on to complete the application. Unless you like bothering people who are shopping, don't expect to last here for more than two months.
Pros
Learn people skills
Cons
Very selfish, rude management, Low pay, most people do not want to be sold, not a real longterm job
great company, feels welcome by others and minimal stress. even though, there are targets and goals it is great. The company is down to earth and the managers are nice.
I was promised an SA position and left my old job to start training. However, they literally never gave me a specific day to start and kept pushing the starting day every time I ask. Beyond unprofessional and so rude. I'm unemployed now and struggling to find a job because of THIS COMPANY! SCREW YOU JWR
Stressful! Had to get people to sign up for credit cards for president choice. I never got paid. Management was extremely unprofessional. No one wants more credit cards. I do not recommend this job. I worked for 1 month and never got a pay check! Not worth it at all
Pros
Cons
Long hours, no pay, no break, poorly managed
I went for my first day of training at the Metrotown Walmart location. Was told to be there for 1:00pm I was there on time and waited for my trainer for a half hour to show up herself. Then she showed me he back lunch room and handed me what I needed and was going to leave me. I’m training! She asked me if I read the papers she gave me to study the information about the job. And when i fumbled talking to customers she rolled her eyes at me, later she accused me of not reading the papers I was given. And she said to tell her the truth. I did tell her the truth! Couldn’t believe it! So I’m stressed and feeling sick so I went home early. And she said I should have stuck with hairdressing.
Pros
Cons
trainers don’t train
This job is terrible. You only get two (not paid) 15 min breaks no lunch. Even when you decide to not take break during work they would still take .5 hr every day from your pay. I find that unprofessional. Scheduling were terrible you only get text message every Sunday of your schedule and no time slips which is odd. Some locations they assigned you are great but when you get location that’s not busy and sales are poor they send you home. If you keep up with poor sales they cut your hrs. You only get like 4 days of training. You work alone and is expected of you to walk around during the whole shift so get good soles for your feet. Also they’re always hiring every week which I view as bad sign; barely anyone stays long. The only thing is good is the manager and pay. That’s it. Good luck for everyone that works there!
Pros
The pay
Cons
Only 2 15 min break and unpaid, locations, the schedule.
Management doesnt care and piggybacks their bonuses off of how many sales you make. They are rude and talk bad about staff behind their back constantly, even to new hires who are being trained
Minimal training with high expectations of results in the first week of working. They promise all kinds of bonuses but it’s nearly impossible to get them. Management is terrible and calls you at all times even on days off expecting you to work even if you’re not scheduled. I was told to target Native people and immigrants, and heard a lot of racist language from the manager.
Pros
Full time hours
Cons
Poor management, bad work environment, racism
It’s a pathetic place to work don’t waste your time and energy here it’s simply target oriented work n you keep struggling to beg everyone to make card They attract jobless and newcomers and then you are at their mercy it’s better to work at basic pay anywhere else
They are liars they said they given you 16 but they stand you 14 and Bush you to off the limit and is not nice job for your mantel health and they are roud
Couldn't even get a single hour completed due to the broken electronics they give you! No compensation for traveling all over the countryside to realize my tablet wouldn't work, also they didn't pay out the minimum 3 hours as required in Alberta when you show up for a shift!! The stress of dealing with garbage technology, terrible WiFi, and management that were less than capable made me leave within days!! Totally not even worth it as a last resort!!!!
Cons
They tried me out for like a week, my manager just threw me into a store and said ok get credit card applications good luck , after my third day of not getting any , I started to see that this job is near impossible, because no one wants to be bothered when doing their groceries or getting their gas, if you can’t keep up with a ridiculous quota your gone!
Pros
Decent pay
Cons
Crazy quota for zero demand
These guys don't know anything. I worked for then over 2 years ago, pay was terrible, especially the management. Extremely rude boss with ill manners. No one should work for them. I was beating there employee's records and still they weren't satisfied, my money was short and I had to keep tabs otherwise they wouldn't have paid me, so before you look at the hourly wage you better be able to take insults from them, whether you do good or not.
Pros
Cons
Terrible management and extremely rude with ill manners
This job helps and challenges employees to find the right way to talk to a customer. You will experience rude, nice, funny, mean, serious and many other types of people; you need to not care about this and not take this personal. Overall, this job might get stressful because you need to accomplish certain targets, and if you don't, the manager will get upset and start pressing on you and being over you all the time. After some time, this job might become boring and you will not enjoy it at all.
Pros
Get to know different types of customers
Cons
Stressful
"Retail/Sales/Store Associates" Beware this company is smart. Their ad is created in a smart way to trick you. This job is in a retail store like SaveOn/Superstore etc where you walk around the whole superstore approaching customers who are shopping for groceries or whatever and then you 'promote' ONLY 1 financial product NOT a range of products. And the worst part - it not exactly by the hour pay but rather by the daily quota! Overall you are paid full commission actually! This is NOT A SCAM though. You will be paid as per your performance but you will quit unless you like going around chasing people - think door to door. Better sales is to approach through 'leads' or customers who walk into your private store.
Pros
Possibly decent supervisor
Cons
trust me you'll quit