JW Research

JW Research Employee Reviews in Winnipeg, MB

Too many products, Unreasonable targets. Staff keeps changing each shift. Not worth it, unless you are making ends meet as a student. Needs better management.
Pros
Flexible schedule
Cons
Unreasonable target expectations.
Scripted dialogue training 30 minutes Target of signing up people while they shop at Walmart You carry a iPad around ,walking full 4 to 5 hour shift You verbalize script word per word asJW Sales Manager follows behind you ,hiding behind racks,eaves dropping on your communication. Manager doesn't have office so you meet in McDonald's every hour,where she sets up shop at table all day in McDonald's at Walmart. The job itself is presented incorrectly during interviews process. There are actually no guaranteed hours and I witnessed Sales Reps being sent home because they had a bad hour of no sign ups I found the employees were not trained correctly and manager missed the value of proper support tools for success. In the short time there ,the turn over was daily ,here today,quit tomorrow. Manager and some team members went out hourly for smoke breaks and came back reeking of cigarettes on the sales floor. Not a good job for professionals.
Pros
Talking with new people every day
Cons
Turn over, lack of Consistency with training support, also can't seem to talk to higher ups, only the JW manager who sits in the McDonald's all day. Literally walk all day, carrying ipad and a Point if sale system. Looks unprofessional and your arms get super sore
They pushed you to sale, and if you didn't achieve the target (1-2 applications per hour) they will sent you home, and actually it's impossible to achieve. I supposed to start working at 10:00, and the supervisor called me at 9:57 to change the time. I've been worked for a week, and they change the time every single day. Only give me 15 min for lunch time.
Pros
Nothing at all
Cons
a lot
Too much work and not enough appreciation. No proper guidance and communication structure with the management. They allowed to work without supervision
This job is terrible. You only get two (not paid) 15 min breaks no lunch. Even when you decide to not take break during work they would still take .5 hr every day from your pay. I find that unprofessional. Scheduling were terrible you only get text message every Sunday of your schedule and no time slips which is odd. Some locations they assigned you are great but when you get location that’s not busy and sales are poor they send you home. If you keep up with poor sales they cut your hrs. You only get like 4 days of training. You work alone and is expected of you to walk around during the whole shift so get good soles for your feet. Also they’re always hiring every week which I view as bad sign; barely anyone stays long. The only thing is good is the manager and pay. That’s it. Good luck for everyone that works there!
Pros
The pay
Cons
Only 2 15 min break and unpaid, locations, the schedule.
The only unfortunate part of this position is a lot of the success is based on the location one works. Some locations are easier to obtain credit applications than others.
Pros
Independent work environment
Cons
Success depends on location
I enjoyed working with JWR . I enjoyed the interaction the job allowed me to have with the customers. I would say overall it is a good job to have for the right person.
Pros
Good money when you hit sales
Cons
Short days with no sales
Honestly the worst company I've ever worked for. The managers in winnipeg are completely unprofessional & the management in general is done horribly. Nothing is organized within the company and even head office is completely useless when you try getting a hold of them. Not only is it a boring job it's a huge waste of time and the skills are not helpful at all with anything else.
Pros
Cons
Everything about this job is a con
Good employement to boost customer service, direct sales and marketing skills Flexible shifts and independent work in various locations to promote contractor's products Comission opportunities, but no benefits Ideal for part-time workers, but also offers full-time shifts
Pros
Time flexibility, independent work
Cons
No benefits, repetitive
Not a good company to work for over all management is so unorganzied tablet problems and scheduling they don't care if they waste your time driving to get new tablets an excuse one of the managers gave me was she forgot i didn't have a tablet to use on site bad place to work.
i loved working at toys r us it totally was my favorite job. made some new friends and got some experience on cash on the floor and unloading the truck.
I worked for JW research in a team lead position for several months. I liked it at first but it's a 6 day a week commitment and even then I didn't always get a day off. $12 an hour is ok but it's hard to reach the bonus when they promise you a $16 an hour job. You also run on Vancouver time and need to be available pretty much 24/7 for managers or other reps to call you even outside of working hours. I was expected to drive other reps with no gas money given and no reimbursement as that's only for management and I was basically a taxi when they needed a car pool out of town 1 hour each way. Most people see you as the annoying credit card person and are rude so it's hard to stay positive. Management needs to be improved in Vancouver, they are very condescending and run useless conference calls then complain that we are taking away from time on the floor. My phone bill was through the roof calling into the conference line and taking long distance calls that only get paid for if you're management. Overall this is the most annoying sales job I've had, most people don't want another credit card and tell you you're annoying. The managers work from home and don't care about employees and never work the long hours or weekends. It's hard to move up and takes a very long time but they promise you a short time. I made some good friends but they usually hire immigrants and people who barely speak English because it's the only job they can get and they always need people because everyone hates it after a while and they quit. Really high turnover and very little support from managers and - more...
Pros
Friends
Cons
Long hours, low wage, poor management
A good chance to talk with people You can make friends with store staff. Work by yourself. The management need to be improved,
This company is fraudulent. At the job interview it sounds like a great opportunity, but they are frauds. The companies form for attracting customers are lies and they just take your info.
As a part of selling financial products, I learned how to convince people to make them purchase your product and manipulate their decisions. The toughest part is when you get refusals for the product for several hours, you get demotivated but I always manage to self motivate, and achieve my targets.
Pros
Competitive salary
Cons
Too much standing on the job.